Options

Scary incident - and questions

2»

Comments

• Options
    RTWCTSRTWCTS Member Posts: 113
    As a final check for proper connection/engagement for the coupler on the ball I have been raising the jack after everything is connected to the point that the TV is being pulled up too. Hope that is sufficient.
    2023 TAB 400 Boondock
    2018 T@B 320 Sold
    Racing the Wind and Chasing the Sun
  • Options
    MickerlyMickerly Member Posts: 355
    Taking a picture with your phone works too..
    2018 320CS-S
    "Just Enough"
  • Options
    BinghiBinghi Member Posts: 271
    I visually verify that the coupler jaw is properly fitted underneath the hitch ball when I scooch under the tow vehicle to attach the safety chains and emergency brake cable. Might as well do everything you can while you’re down there…
    2021 400 BD / 2016 VW Touareg / Austin, TX
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,288
    Binghi said:
    ... when I scooch under the tow vehicle to attach the safety chains and emergency brake cable ...
    Do you have a picture of your setup? I'm having trouble visualizing the need for scooching.

Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    BinghiBinghi Member Posts: 271
    No, sorry, don’t have a picture of the current set-up, but it’s the classic cross-chain configuration. I guess I don’t have to get on the ground to hook things up, but I just find it’s easier that way. I throw a yoga mat on the ground, crawl under there, hook up the chains and the emergency cable, and check the coupler jaw. I don’t crawl all the way under the vehicle – just my upper body. My current tow vehicle is a Ford F150, but I’ve always done it this way. Maybe it dates back to my shade-tree mechanic youth.
    2021 400 BD / 2016 VW Touareg / Austin, TX