Options

Fuse Inventory

CorfuCorfu Member Posts: 51
A question was asked about what fuses are in the T@B. Thought it might be useful to have a thread about it.

Fuse Inventory: 2014 T@B S M@xx with Alde Heat and Norcold 3163 3-Way refrigerator.

At Battery:
  • 1x - 20 Amp ATC Blade Fuse (yellow)
At Converter:
  • 4x - 10 Amp ATC Blade Fuse (red)
  • 1x - 20 Amp ATC Blade Fuse (yellow)
  • 1x - 30 Amp ATC Blade Fuse (green)
  • 1x - 40 Amp ATO Blade Fuse (orange), Converter states to use only a Littelfuse #257 (which is obsolete and now replaced with #287).
At Alde:
  • 2x - 3.15 Amp, 250 Volt, 5mm wide by 20mm long, Fast Blow, Low Breaking Capacity Fuse
At Norcold 3163 3-Way refrigerator:
  • AC Circuit - 3 Amp Type 3AG - Norcold Part #61654622
  • DC Circuit - 20 Amp Type 3AG - Norcold Part #61440522
  • Gas Circuit - 1 Amp Type 3AG - Norcold Part #618079
At Frigidaire Air Conditioner:
  • None
How to decode fuses:
  • The Glass Fuses on the Alde have Fuse Code F3.15AL250V
    • F = Fast. Quick acting (also known as Anti-Surge)
    • 3.15A = 3.15 Amps
    • L= Low Breaking Capacity (glass)
    • 250V = 250 Volts Rated Capacity
  • The Blade Fuses
    • ATC = Blade Size: Regular, Fuse Element is Closed (completely sealed inside the plastic housing)
    • ATO = Blade Size: Regular, Fuse Element is Open (exposed on the bottom of the fuse between the blades)
Steve
Maryland
2014 T@B S Maxx "T@BOO"
2005 Honda Pilot

Comments

• Options
    BryanRBryanR Member Posts: 32
    Thanks for the info Steve. This and the Alde thread helped me diagnose why I had no hot water this morning on our second trip. Everything worked fine on the 1st trip, but had a blown Alde glass fuse. Luckily there was a Radio Shack not too far away, so now I have added some spares to my fuse kit.
    Bryan & Vicki 2014 T@B CS-S MaXX ** 2016 Chevy Silverado Double Cab
    Transplanted Hoosier in Richmond, VA
    Go Colts!

• Options
    BillandElaineBillandElaine Member Posts: 19
    Thanks so much! This is exactly what I was asking about. 

Bill
    Mount Airy, MD
    2011 Subaru Forester
    2014 T@B CS-S

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Thanks, Steve, copied this information into OneNote so I have with me offline.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    Ok, so I had my coffee pot plugged in one of the 110 outlets in the front. It stopped making coffee after a brief bit, as if a fuse blew. All fuses in the converter area are "on"... and I turned them off and back on, still nothing. What might I be missing? Note: a/c still works, and my Progressive meter still shows power coming in.
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    Three cheers for my son! He spied the manual breaker on the outlet at the bottom of the rear bench. It has a GFCI type button. Pressed it... ...and back in action!
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    Xpadrex -- Just curious as to whether you were plugged into shore power when this happened?  Hm-m-m-m. :-S
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    I was indeed. Still am! LOL We are at another Ohio State park this weekend.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    To those using the Littlefuse Smart glow fuses, they seem to be ATO fuses. Are you're using them where the list calls for ATC?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    While poking around under the driver's side bench yesterday, I noticed that the electrical plug-in on my Friedrich air conditioner (2013 T@B Q) has its own little built-in breaker.  It's similar to the breakers on hand-held hair dryers.  Something to keep in mind if I ever have a problem with the air conditioner and a blown fuse turns out not to be the problem.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    benderennsbenderenns Member Posts: 41
    It would be great if little guy would sell a kit of spare fuses with their T@Bs….just a thought…..

Chris and Phil -  Sally D., 2015 Q Maxx, Toyota 4Runner, Sidney, BC, CANADA
  • Options
    Regarding the Alde Fuse: 
    • 2x - 3.15 Amp, 250 Volt, 5mm wide by 20mm long, Fast Blow, Low Breaking Capacity Fuse
    Is the 250 Volt a European requirement not North American requirement OR is the Swedish made Alde system require the 250 Volt fuse? I am conFUSED !

Benderenns
  • Options
    CorfuCorfu Member Posts: 51
    Not sure. Although I have read a general rule is to never use a lower volt rated fuse.
    Steve
    Maryland
    2014 T@B S Maxx "T@BOO"
    2005 Honda Pilot
  • Options
    My automotive contact backs up what Steve said…still on the hunt for the complete set and will try a marine supply store next….
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553

I'm not taking any chances.  I got the 3.15 amp, 250 Volt, 5 x 20 mm fast-acting fuses from Amazon.  Now, I need to get the ATC vs. ATO situation figured out for the 40 amp.  I read a post on another Forum that the ATC can be used interchangeably with the ATO fuse.  Anybody have any "geek speak" about that notion with regard to the 40 amp fuse in the T@B?

:-?
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    This doesn't help much...but if it's "closed", how do you tell if it's blown? https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130313172329AAOX1Kw

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878

This doesn't help much...but if it's "closed", how do you tell if it's blown? https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130313172329AAOX1Kw
    Look to see if there is a break in the "wire" between the two sides of the fuse.  Or, use a volt/ohm meter to see if there is continuity between both sides of the fuse (meaning it is a good fuse).
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    geromogeromo Member Posts: 33
    i bought a "kit" containing 4 each of ATC fuses from 2a-30a (6 different sizes) at my local auto store. comes with a "puller" for about $18
  • Options
    BryanRBryanR Member Posts: 32
    I definitely recommend picking up the spare fuses for the Alde. I spent half a day a few weeks ago diagnosing why I didn't have hot water and it turned out one of the glass fuses had blown. This trip we got all hooked up and later we realized that we had no hot water again. Turns out the other glass fuse had blown but this time it was a 5 minute fix. Hopefully just the case of a couple of bad fuses. I purchased the same fuses from amazon that Beth referenced above.
    Bryan & Vicki 2014 T@B CS-S MaXX ** 2016 Chevy Silverado Double Cab
    Transplanted Hoosier in Richmond, VA
    Go Colts!

• Options
    Not having heat on a cold night in the mountains could be uncomfortable at the least, or very problematic at worst (frozen pipes). I gave up waiting to hear back from our dealer, Alde/Portland, Alde/Sweden, or LG (Scott said he was going to send some), and ordered these from Amazon as Beth did...hope this helps others: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004HLWVSC/ref=pe_385040_30332200_TE_item

J.D. & Sue

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Did your fuses ever arrive from the factory JD & Sue????  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Mike...the fuses just arrived yesterday afternoon!

J.D. & Sue

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Good deal!  I sent a note to the factory and they said that they had been shipped earlier......  Glad you received them!  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    SgtjohnSgtjohn Member Posts: 238
    edited December 2014
    My 2015 T@B Max USB charging ports quit, they worked a few days but stopped.  I sure miss the
    ease of charging.  Now I've got to figure out which fuse may be at fault.  T@B definitely needs a trouble shooting section in their manuals.  I have power to the "cigarette" lighter outlet but not the USB ones.
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    SgtJohn, are the USB ports actually part of one of the 120V outlets?

If so, they might actually be powered by the 120V system, which of course is protected by the breakers and not the fuses. Or the GFCI breaker button.

Just a thought.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    SgtjohnSgtjohn Member Posts: 238
    I'm check into that ChanW as soon as we roll up our bedding.  Thanks!
  • Options
    Deltaboy59Deltaboy59 Member Posts: 315
    At the Fantasticfan...4 amp glass fuse
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Sgtjohn - Hmmmm, just checked my USB ports and they're not working now either. Used to. Everything else is working including the cigar plug next to them in the same outlet. Weird.
  • Options
    mawebbmawebb Member Posts: 257
    I am wondering if it's an issue with too low DC voltage. I am assuming that the USB ports require a minimum input voltage to work. I am guessing that the cutoff is somewhere between 10 and 11 volts. 
    Martin - Trailer name: James T@Berius Kirk 
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    That's a good point, James.

I'd also be interested to know what the "phantom draw" is on this particular USB converter circuit.

ie: our little cigarette-plug USB charger draws somewhere between 125mA and 200mA when not in use.

Ideally, the USB circuit would only draw power if something were plugged into it, but I think that's not the usual way it's done.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Chan and James, if it were me, I would gently pry off the outter face of the 12V/USB outlet, and then unscrew the outlet from the wall. Each of the outlets have separate feeds to the rear of them. Maybe the wiring has come loose from the prongs on the rear o them. Here's some pictures I took earlier:
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”