Options

Great window sunshade idea.

Comments

• Options
    KyBawpawKyBawpaw Member Posts: 183
    Alright!! Got the .pdf file. Five of the same actually, lol. It was downloading to my files each time I clicked it. Problem was the browser was trying to "run" it as a web address simultaneously. It wouldn't of course and my set up sends me to an alternative page of search results, blah, blah. Anyway there it (they) was always in the file folder anyway saved a total of 5 times from my attempts. Going to bed.
    "Not all those who wander are lost"- J. R. R. Tolkien 
    2014 T@B-S
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited December 2015
    I love these cool little window awnings and have seen some nice ones on Pinterest.  I am going to have my girlfriend sew some up and plan to add some flaps or material on the sides too.  I've thought about mocking this up (using the trailer window dimensions)  via a cardboard box cut to size/angle and using that as a reference when measuring/cutting the material, etc.  

Maybe one day they will make these as small "fabric" style solar panel arrays that collect sunlight and plug into an integrated circuit that is wired into the battery on the trailer?   

Thanks for sharing all your handy work too as all your window awnings are soooo cool!

Here are a couple of ideas from Pinterest and the lace is an interesting spin on these too, complete with hanging silk flower basket!

3.jpg 66.5K
    4.jpg 27.3K
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Passing along a couple of sewing tips. First, pre-wash your awning material to pre-shrink it. Second, if you are at all unsure of dimensions, fit, etc., make the first one out of very inexpensive fabric (like an old sheet) before cutting your good fabric. 
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    libertyolibertyo Member Posts: 33
    ohhh!  I don't sew (at all).  Is there anyone who I can pay to make these lovely window awnings for me?  I do have friends who sew, but someone who knows and loves T@bs would do it right.  Anyone??
    "Bella"  2016 T@b maxs blue, towed by '18 Chevy Colorado ZR2 duramax diesel - yes NEW baby, accompanied by the Red dog
    Rural Liberty Hill, TX, near Austin
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    libertyo said:
    ohhh!  I don't sew (at all).  Is there anyone who I can pay to make these lovely window awnings for me?  I do have friends who sew, but someone who knows and loves T@bs would do it right.  Anyone??
    If I had my T@B I'd do it for you. I'll be making some for myself but alas, not till spring. 
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    libertyolibertyo Member Posts: 33
    Photomom, I may be waiting till then - if you're truly willing to make me a set when you make yours!  xocheryl
    "Bella"  2016 T@b maxs blue, towed by '18 Chevy Colorado ZR2 duramax diesel - yes NEW baby, accompanied by the Red dog
    Rural Liberty Hill, TX, near Austin
  • Options
    NomadPilgrimNomadPilgrim Member Posts: 111
    OutbackAZ said:

Interesting camo design - goes well with the Outback theme I think.  Made by Chris K and his wife Kathy.  They work great!  Easy on/off and you can fully close the window without needing to remove them.

I think I'm going with your "no fluff" version; my son says he'd be embarrassed to camp with "ruffles."
    2016 T@B Maxx CS-S  following a 2008 4Runner Ltd

Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.-
    Paulo Coelho
  • Options
    Norbert1223Norbert1223 Member Posts: 82
    I'll be making some of these for my T@B when it comes in the spring.  I think they are so cute.  
    Debbie and the Bulldogs; 2016 T@B Max S; 2016 Toyota 4 Runner
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Norbert1223 - are you saying my camo shades are cute?  If so, I need to find a different pattern - maybe skull and crossbones!
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    John_and_KrisJohn_and_Kris Member Posts: 302
    PITPAT said:

I got the pattern for these off the Yahoo T@B forum. Someone generously posted detailed directions. I made my reversible with classic stripes on one side and girly flowers on the other for when I am "glamping" with Sisters On The Fly. They are held on with 1" elastic and Velcro.  Took me about an hour per panel. I used outdoor fabric from JoAnn (use those 40%coupons!) and UV thread that supposedly lasts longer in the sun. 

Patty Where did you get the table with the pumpkin on it?  Awning looks GREAT
    John
    John - Kris & our Golden "Blossom"
    South Carolina
    Live simply,Love generously,Care deeply,Speak Kindly,Leave the rest to God
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited January 2016
    I heard that OutbackAZ has camo on one side and girly flowers on the other too - That's the rumor anyway ;-)
  • Options
    If flowered shades help me sneak into a Sisters On The fly event, count me in! 
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    OutbackAZ said:
    If flowered shades help me sneak into a Sisters On The fly event, count me in! 
    *snort n bales of laughter* It might be the dress and heels. It kills me when guys' legs look better showing off heels than mine!! LOL. Luv you guys!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Patty Where did you get the table with the pumpkin on it?  Awning looks GREAT
    John
    South Carolina
  • Options
    PITPATPITPAT Member Posts: 32
    edited January 2016
    @John&Kris ...sorry for delay in responding. Drove all day yesterday from Albuquerque thru Flagstaff and decided last night to move down off mountain a bit to Camp Verde,AZ. Glad I did cuz Flagstaff got hammered and more coming tonight. Now in Quartzsite so all is flat, and hopefully drier. The camp kitchen is from Gander Mountain. I have a clamshell so the extra counter top is much appreciated. The aluminum top snaps off, rolls up and stores in a zipper pouch behind the table. It's well made and I'm very pleased with it. Check out Gander Mtn website for closeup photo. 
    Glad you like the awnings! Thanks .
    Patty
    Pittsburgh, PA
    2015 T@B CS-S Maxx  being towed by Nissan Pathfinder

• Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    Yaaaaay, Patty.  Glad to hear you made it safely.  Been wondering ever since you posted your probable route.  I've been thinking of taking the same route next week, but not sure I want to chance the snow through Flagstaff.  It's my preferred route, but I may drop down to I-20, I-10.  Decisions, decisions.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    PITPAT said:
    @John&Kris ...sorry for delay in responding. Drove all day yesterday from Albuquerque thru Flagstaff and decided last night to move down off mountain a bit to Camp Verde,AZ. Glad I did cuz Flagstaff got hammered and more coming tonight. Now in Quartzsite so all is flat, and hopefully drier. The camp kitchen is from Gander Mountain. I have a clamshell so the extra counter top is much appreciated. The aluminum top snaps off, rolls up and stores in a zipper pouch behind the table. It's well made and I'm very pleased with it. Check out Gander Mtn website for closeup photo. 
    Glad you like the awnings! Thanks .

Thanks for the  lead glad you are on safer ground. Enjoy John

South Carolina
  • Options
    Norbert1223Norbert1223 Member Posts: 82
    OutbackAZ   

I think they are all cute...even the camo. Not sure I'd care for the skulls and bones. I figured out how to add a profile photo of me since the Norbert is likely confusing. 

Debbie  

Debbie and the Bulldogs; 2016 T@B Max S; 2016 Toyota 4 Runner
  • Options
    PITPATPITPAT Member Posts: 32
    @RZRBUG, funny enough Larry, I was all prepared to drop down to I-20 and I-10 until the weather forecast indicated better weather on I-40 than in Tucson!  It's a wacky winter for sure. Safe travels and we'll see you next week at T@Bazona.
    Patty
    Pittsburgh, PA
    2015 T@B CS-S Maxx  being towed by Nissan Pathfinder

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited January 2016
    I had to cancel my rally reservation as Linda is having back issues and this will require surgery.  We were really looking forward to coming out to AZ for the winter, but it will not happen this year.  Hope you guys have a ball and will have to take a rain check....  I stayed in a neat little campground at Camp Verde a few years ago and it was nice, other than these small black gnats got mean when things started to cool off and they ran me out of the camp site.  I wish I'd had my battery operated tennis racket as they would have been history!   =) 

Have fun!

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that Mike.  Tell Linda we hope everything goes well and praying for a speedy recovery.  Hope to see you at Tearstock if not before.  From what I've seen on the weather forecast, the noseeums have probably froze out.

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    PITPAT said:
    @RZRBUG, funny enough Larry, I was all prepared to drop down to I-20 and I-10 until the weather forecast indicated better weather on I-40 than in Tucson!  It's a wacky winter for sure. Safe travels and we'll see you next week at T@Bazona.
    Looking forward to it, regardless of final route chosen.  Suppose I'll try boondocking somewhere in the Quartzsite area before the rally.  Will be my first try at it, but I've got my new solar suitcase, a bigger battery and a generator, so things should be fine.  Hold down the fort until we get there.

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited January 2016
    Larry, if you decide to drop down to I-20, try stopping st Monahans Sandhills State Park in TX. It's half way between Odessa and Pecos. $19/night water and electric at each of the 26 sites. I don't  know why, but Sunny Day loves to walk on sand dunes--she can't get enough of it! Clean restrooms, hot showers, dump station, lots of white snow. You can even rent a plastic sled to slide down the hills. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    I had to cancel my rally reservation as Linda is having back issues and this will require surgery.  We were really looking forward to coming out to AZ for the winter, but it will not happen this year.  Hope you guys have a ball and will have to take a rain check....  I stayed in a neat little campground at Camp Verde a few years ago and it was nice, other than these small black gnats got mean when things started to cool off and they ran me out of the camp site.  I wish I'd had my battery operated tennis racket as they would have been history!   =) 

Have fun!

Healing thoughts sent your way and for any surgeries! Relay "get well soon" to Linda for me. Oh, and I haz one of dem 'lectric rackets... don't wave too close to hair! hehe. Luv that thang. Again, fast healing to Linda.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options

OutbackAZ said:
    Norbert1223 - are you saying my camo shades are cute?  If so, I need to find a different pattern - maybe skull and crossbones!
    Skull and crossbones or biohazard symbols would be cool on the Zombie T@B!! Jus' sayin'.....
  • Options

Here ya go.  From www.fabric.com.  Same place I bought my "cute" camo pattern.

• Options
    ^^^ Those skulls look entirely too happy!! LOL
  • Options
    Just go to their website and search for "Skull and Crossbones."  They have some angry ones too!
  • Options
    They look great Jenn! You'll find they do a great job of keeping the TAB cooler in summer.