Options

Post up some shots of your T@B set-up at the camp site!

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    On my way out of the campsite this weekend. Yes, that is a little snow starting to collect.

And a night shot.... left my light painting gear at home.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    jdargisjdargis Member Posts: 305
    Different TV?  That is not a Jeep Wrangler!  Actually a lot better tow capacity with a Grand Cherokee.  "jk" isn't applicable.
  • Options
    jdargis said:
    Different TV?  That is not a Jeep Wrangler!  Actually a lot better tow capacity with a Grand Cherokee.  "jk" isn't applicable.
    Yes, but I think if I started going by WK2Jenn, I would confuse people. :o

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Pentastar V6, Hemi V8, or diesel, just curious?
  • Options
    Pentstar v6 ... anything else is pretty scarce in the Overland in this area.

• Options
    You will like the engine, that's what we have in our Wrangler.  Night and day difference from the inline 6 and the van V6.  Plus, your mileage will be better with the body of the Grand Cherokee.  Probably won't get any Jeep Wrangler hand waves anymore.
  • Options
    jdargis said:
    You will like the engine, that's what we have in our Wrangler.  Night and day difference from the inline 6 and the van V6.  Plus, your mileage will be better with the body of the Grand Cherokee.  Probably won't get any Jeep Wrangler hand waves anymore.
    I got 26 mpg driving to Cleveland at Christmas... it cost me about half as much.

• Options
    jcfaber1jcfaber1 Member Posts: 318
    Jenn, how is that JGK working out so far?

2007 T@B

Rockford, IL

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Stay safe in the weather, Jenn! Great mileage and congrats on new TV :)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    jcfaber1 said:
    Terrific, except... engine light has come on twice. I was in Ohio when it happened. The first time I took it to a dealer and they found nothing in wrong. It happened on my way home, too, so I have a dealer appointment scheduled for later this week.

It is great at towing, though!

• Options
    jkjenn said:
    jcfaber1 said:
    Terrific, except... engine light has come on twice. I was in Ohio when it happened. The first time I took it to a dealer and they found nothing in wrong. It happened on my way home, too, so I have a dealer appointment scheduled for later this week.

I don't know a thing about your new TV, but sometimes that pesky engine light comes on if you don't turn the gas cap until it clicks once after you fill the tank (I'm probably preaching to the choir - forgive me if this is something you already are aware of!). Overfilling can cause it to come on too. The next suspect is emissions and the oxygen sensor. It'll eventually throw a code the dealer can capture (fingers crossed for you). Safe travels!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Ratkity said:
    jkjenn said:
    jcfaber1 said:

I don't know a thing about your new TV, but sometimes that pesky engine light comes on if you don't turn the gas cap until it clicks once after you fill the tank (I'm probably preaching to the choir - forgive me if this is something you already are aware of!). Overfilling can cause it to come on too. The next suspect is emissions and the oxygen sensor. It'll eventually throw a code the dealer can capture (fingers crossed for you). Safe travels!!
    The code the dealer found was for a brake pedal position sensor... and no gas cap on the new Grand Cherokees. B)

The dealer I spoke to wondered if it was related to the trailer brake controller. I would doubt that since it is plug and play (P2.)

• Options
    Yay Bella!
  • Options
    Whoa Jenn, didn't know and had to look up picts of the gas cap-less GC. Sweet!
  • Options
    jcfaber1jcfaber1 Member Posts: 318
    Jenn, I hope you get the idiot light problem worked out soon.  We have had zero problems so far.  Like ours a lot.
    John

2007 T@B

Rockford, IL

• Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    Love your new Jeep Jenn. I bought a 1999 JGC used in 2001 and finally parted with it in 2009. It NEVER failed me.  Well, except the front window regulators that started go repeatedly towards the end but I got good at swapping them out after buying the parts online. Looks awesome paired with your T@B!
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    elmeauxelmeaux Member Posts: 44
    Set up could have been a little better (partly done in the dark because we got there late) but this was our camp site at Chicot State Park this past weekend.
    Espresso on the stove and biscuits in the oven. :) 

2016 M@x S Sofitel - The T@bahoula
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    @elmeaux, what is that oven?
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    Ratkity said:
    Whoa Jenn, didn't know and had to look up picts of the gas cap-less GC. Sweet!
    Yeah, pretty wild, huh?

jcfaber1 said:
    Jenn, I hope you get the idiot light problem worked out soon.  We have had zero problems so far.  Like ours a lot.
    John
    Thanks. The light went out last night, so perhaps it is related to the brake controller, but how to determine if and how? It is a real pain to park my T@b at my house, but I might need to hook it up this weekend and re-test it.

Love your new Jeep Jenn. I bought a 1999 JGC used in 2001 and finally parted with it in 2009. It NEVER failed me.  Well, except the front window regulators that started go repeatedly towards the end but I got good at swapping them out after buying the parts online. Looks awesome paired with your T@B!
    Thanks. Here's hoping it sees a long life with many miles and better mpg!

• Options
    jschemeljschemel Member Posts: 79
    Yes @domestic what is that oven? Tell us more. 
    Jaynie and Larry - Palo Alto, CA - 2015 T@B CS-S - Expedition EL - Nights spent in "T@b Spirit of Holly" 97
    (9/22/19/
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited January 2016
    Boobdocking along the Colorado - 8 miles south of Ehrenberg, AZ (across the river east of Blyth,CA - west of Quartzite). Limited view of the river from the campsite but has a 100 ft trail down to your own private beach. You probably won't find another camper within a mile or two. Road starts out a little rough for the first 2-3 blocks and then nice, wide, and smooth.

• Options
    It's a Camp Chef Oven Junior. Academy Sports was blowing them out at $13 last fall so I bought one figuring it was basically disposable at that price if it didn't work out. I thought it worked well. We did packaged biscuits and also baked a cake. 

• Options
    jbug10jbug10 Member Posts: 156
    Winter camping in AR is wonderful, especially at my favorite open year round COE campground on Beaver Lake; Dam Site River.  Here is Fant@bulous New Year's Day.  Just a few days before they had to open the dam for the second time in six months after 10 inches of rain!  The lakes and the rivers are overflowing, but oh, how beautiful were the waterfalls!
    June; 2013 T@b "Fant@bulous"; 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee; one kayak and one bike
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I've always found COEs have the best facilities - Figured it was because they are engineers and probably build their own vs subcontracting. I always check my maps for COEs before looking at others.
  • Options
    Wonderful jbug!!!
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    edited January 2016
    Site 19 - Topsail Hill Preserve State Park, Santa Rosa Beach, FL, Water, Electric, Sewer, Cable, just steps from the bathhouse. Warning though, the men's showers don't have ANY hooks inside the shower, and hubby said even hanging stuff over the door it would get wet.

Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    SweetlyHomeSweetlyHome Member Posts: 336
    edited January 2016
    Site 16 - Oscar Scherer State Park; Osprey, Florida - Water (two faucets on a single post located between 2 sites, took all 50 feet of our hose), electric in each site in more useable position, right across the road from the bathhouse (older but in good shape and well maintained).  Had a great time this past weekend.  Sites are sand and we had to watch for poison ivy. The tram ride was worth the $5.00 tickets because of the narration.  Lots of pleasant walking and hiking. 

Best shot of a Florida Scrub Jay.

Jupiter, Florida~T@B 400, with 2018 Toyota 4Runner

• Options
    Spent a night at Sea Rim State Park this weekend which is on the Gulf of Mexico near the TX/LA border. Nice little park.

View from the beach

View from the door

View of our next door neighbor

• Options
    jbug10jbug10 Member Posts: 156
    edited February 2016
    Low 70's in January meant camping time in NW AR.  Lost Bridge North on Beaver Lake.  I found a great campsite, right on the lake with easy access for my kayak.  What a great weekend! I fall in love with T@b, all over again, every time I go camping!! :)
    June; 2013 T@b "Fant@bulous"; 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee; one kayak and one bike
This discussion has been closed.