Options

What do you pull your T@B with?

13»

Comments

• Options
    bigskyboundbigskybound Member Posts: 16
    edited March 2016
    We started out towing with an '04 Subaru Forester 5 speed.  No problems.  Mileage dropped from near 30 mpg to around 16 mpg. Traded for a Nissan Frontier automatic.  Thought the 6 cylinders would cut loss of MPGs. The Forester towed it better.  The Frontier dropped from 24 mpg to 10-11 mpg.  Now we have an 8 cyl F 150.  Trailer? What trailer?
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I have a 2015 GMC Canyon pickup (med sized pickup) with the bigger engine and tow pkg. The factory installation of the tow pkg significantly increases the towing capacity of the GMC trucks. Mileage is as good or better with a V3.6 engine in the truck as my 2006 Rav4 (6 cyl - tow pkg). 

7000# with 700# tongue weight for the truck. Forget the T@B is there. It's always a little shock to look in the rearview mirror and see something following me so close lol.

Right now, I'm researching auto lift ramps to get my Harley into the bed of the pickup (have a hitch that allows the tailgate to clear the jack. Gonna need some welding underneath bed to shore it up (not necessary, but it'll make me feel better). Bed can handle 1500# and total capacity of truck with passengers is #1620. Bike is 740#, but the ramp system is 300#. Then add 200# of tongue weight of the T@B and finally gear and me. I'm thinking I'm gonna need a helper spring in the back or air shocks so the rear levels a bit. Meanwhile, it's camping without the bike! 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    blueystarblueystar Member Posts: 40

going to get a tow bar fittered and tow with this
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    ^^^ Thanks T@Bnero!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)