Options

What to do with the textured shower glass?

jdargisjdargis Member Posts: 305
What do most of you think of the textured glass finish on the bathroom door.  We thought it was great, until the first time the bathroom was used in the trailer with the lights on,  not a lot of privacy in the that little space, viewing from the outside.  The glass is a lot clearer than you think!  We resolved the issue by applying white contact paper on the inside surface of the glass door.  Just curious?
Jeff

Comments

• Options
    jdargisjdargis Member Posts: 305
    After 6 weeks on the road, my wife enjoyed having the privacy, sorta of your own reading room.  I guess!
    (also was the main reason for buying the 2015 T@B, no exposed porta potti and they removed the sink)
  • Options
    Cheryl74074Cheryl74074 Member Posts: 71
    I hang a scarf and a shawl that I use on cold evenings...They are held by a clip at the top of the door, so when it's time to shower, you just flip the inside fabric over the top so it doesn't get wet (2nd photo).

Cheryl, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel, 2015 T@b S Maxx (T@bitha)
  • Options
    CodeJunkieCodeJunkie Member Posts: 50

I bought a cheapo full-length mirror to replace the glass in the shower door.  The length is perfect, but I need to cut 1/2" off the width. I plan to mount it facing the living area and hope it will reflect extra light into the T@B as well as provide privacy in the shower.  Plus, it lets a lady check her attire before stepping out for the day.    It's one of my winter projects for PopT@B.  If it works out I'll post pictures later.  If not, I'll simply put the original glass back in the door frame.  Sounds easy, right? 

Debbie

2014 T@B S M@xx with wetbath, aka PopT@B, silver with black trim, TV 2002 Chevy Avalanche

"Take only pictures, leave only footprints."
  • Options
    tabhappytabhappy Member Posts: 40
    edited April 2016
    Totally agree with the privacy issue!  I did the scarf thing too but I attached it like a window screen is secured to its frame.  Along the top of the door is a narrow groove that I tucked a wire and the scarf into.  It's nice and tight.

Dena & Jim  Plano, Texas
    Became Tabbers Oct. 24, 2015

• Options
    sbroussard137sbroussard137 Member Posts: 2
    You can hang an over the door organizer it will double as privacy and storage 
  • Options
    MercatorMercator Member Posts: 237
    edited February 2016

I bought a cheapo full-length mirror to replace the glass in the shower door.  The length is perfect, but I need to cut 1/2" off the width. I plan to mount it facing the living area and hope it will reflect extra light into the T@B as well as provide privacy in the shower.  Plus, it lets a lady check her attire before stepping out for the day.    It's one of my winter projects for PopT@B.  If it works out I'll post pictures later.  If not, I'll simply put the original glass back in the door frame.  Sounds easy, right? 

I, personally, would be reluctant to use a "cheapo" mirror instead of the glass or plastic in the shower door.  A small bump can shatter the mirror creating dozens of life threatening, knife sharp pieces to fall on you.
    Ray and Vida Barrick
    (formerly a 2013 T@B Q M@X); 2015 Jeep Sahara JKU (Max Tow)
    Toronto ON Canada
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    I'm pretty sure the shower door in ours is plastic
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I am planning a trip this summer with one of my sister-in-laws, so I will want to add some additional privacy, I think. I have been using the door as a towel rack and I use super long towels so it has provided a fair amount but truthfully since I have solo camped, it hasn't been an issue.

Does over the door storage reduce the width you can open the door? Does it bump into the sink/cupboard?

I sort of like the idea of contact paper.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    mash2mash2 Member Posts: 581
    edited February 2016
    Exactly how wide and tall is the glass in the door?  I have some reposition able mural paper and curious if it could be used to print a photo that could be installed on the glass.  I might give one a try (I' guessing it would cost about $40 to produce.  
  • Options
    tabhappytabhappy Member Posts: 40
    I'm really liking that Jenn!

Dena & Jim  Plano, Texas
    Became Tabbers Oct. 24, 2015

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    That is amazing, Jenn!! Luv it.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I love the creativity!  And Jenn, when I saw that clock I immediately thought of Flavor-Flav!   =)

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    judymacjudymac Member Posts: 403
     =) 
    Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

• Options
    Ha! Yeah, way too big for that little wall. My old clock, which I loved, won't match the new upholstery, but this black one will never do. I really like having a clock in that spot, too.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    edited April 2016
    This one might work and is available via Amazon Prime.  I'm thinking Velcro would hold it nicely on the wall too.  

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Liking that idea Jenn, I have a fondness for maps.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    TaBFanTaBFan Member Posts: 41
    I'm a nudist and don't see what all the fuss is about............just kidding HA! =)
    2014 Wrangler Sahara & 99 Jeep 4dr Sport TV. Interests are Photography, fishing & rod building, woodworking, hotrods (73VW rat rod "DasStuka") and Camping. 
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,358
    Jenn - just an FYI, your shower door latch is in the dangerous "UP" position.  Make sure you have the emergency coat hanger in the enclosure just in case.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition,
    2024 Ford F150 Supercrew short bed.
  • Options
    OutbackAZ said:
    Jenn - just an FYI, your shower door latch is in the dangerous "UP" position.  Make sure you have the emergency coat hanger in the enclosure just in case.
    Ah, you are so right! I did tighten it last week after the big discussion on the getting stuck situation but will start to program myself to turn it down. Great catch! Thanks!

• Options
    TaBFan said:
    I'm a nudist and don't see what all the fuss is about............just kidding HA! =)
    Nothing wrong with that!  I have a couple of neighbor's two houses down that are too!   =)
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    ^^^ I see what you did there.. "catch" ...... punny. LOL
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    KyBawpawKyBawpaw Member Posts: 183
    Privacy?? We been married 49 years...I vaguely remember that concept. Lol  You know the honeymoon's over when she says, "Honey do you mean to sit there on that toilet and tell me ...blah,blah."
    "Not all those who wander are lost"- J. R. R. Tolkien 
    2014 T@B-S
  • Options
    Mr_Mrs_GnomeMr_Mrs_Gnome Member Posts: 241
    There is actually a static cling material that can be printed on by sign shops. We used it in our thermal printer. It came in clear for reverse printing and white.
    '17 Outback S - TV 2016 Chevy Colorado in "Colorful Colorado"
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    I remember someone on one of the FB pages using a faux stained glass window film. Lots of examples at Amazon it you look for "window film".
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    Photomom said:
    I remember someone on one of the FB pages using a faux stained glass window film. Lots of examples at Amazon it you look for "window film".
    Yes or look for peel and stick. 

Just remember the contours on the glass will show through. Using a thicker vynl decal and a terrain map worked in my case.

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    edited April 2016
    Your map is gorgeous. Love that it's based on a personal experience.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330
    edited May 2016
    I hang an organizer over the door (one on the outside and a small one on the inside). It provides privacy and a handy place for my stuff.

Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)
  • Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    To Photomom's comment...we have some of that stuff on our home window facing the street...got it from Home Depot.

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    jctangneyjctangney Member Posts: 76
    cbarnhill, where did you get that organizer (and smaller inside one), and how exactly attached?

2016 T@B S Max, near Portland, OR

Photo Galleries www.pbase.com/jctangney