Options

My next mod?

2»

Comments

• Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    jkjenn said:
    PXLated said:
    I like the cups but from my experience the state of roads will bounce the contents out as you travel - unless you just plan to use them in camp.
    This is true.

You and PXLated do a lot more off roading too...
     That brings to mind the Lucy /Desi movie where she tries to cook while they are traveling... 
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Do you have a vent on the floor?
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    Yup,  good thought... I'm making sure it stays uncovered.   I figure that anything stored in here will not cover it because I have a 2 inch clearance from the vent to the shelf board.   
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    KyBawpawKyBawpaw Member Posts: 183
    That's just a momma Croc taking care of her young.
    "Not all those who wander are lost"- J. R. R. Tolkien 
    2014 T@B-S
  • Options
    Mod modification ver.  1.056b to answer airflow question... 

T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    My 2016 has a large vent on the floor in there right where he puts the tray. His smaller round vent appears to be off to the side to the left and possibly remains uncovered and still able to vent the hot fridge air out the bottom of the trailer as designed. I have wanted to do something under there as well, but don't want to block the vent.  Where is your vent Terry?
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    My vent is on the front left hand corner.  My wife was putting items in there and I was worried the vent would be blocked.  I thought Lewis's mod helped solve this as well as getting even with the lip.
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    My next "mod" will probably be putting in the fridge fan kit they are sending me.  Also somewhere local who will put in my new tail light...
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    My trailer came with the aux fridge fan and it really helps keep the counter cool, and presumably helps the fridge work better too.

The floor vent is right smack in the middle. I can put things on both sides and keep it unobstructed.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    Connor2008Connor2008 Member Posts: 12
    I'm trying to locate Ricahrd Lewis videos on YouTube and there doesn't seem to be a public channel one can access.   I'm particularly looking for the sofa back hinge modification. I understand the instructions are on the yahoo forum but I can't access the forum from an iPad.  Any thoughts?   Thanks 
    Dan & Nancy   Vermont   Orange/Silver 2013 S--Dre@msicle--TV 2013 Tacoma 4x4. 
    Nights spent in T@b
    D   6
    N   6
  • Options
    Try Rallylsetta.. Otherwise the link up above show a mod of his and in YouTube, others of his appear along the side. He also did a Honda review there...
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,562
    Hans, to access the Yahoo group from the ipad, just sign in to yahoo using your forum login.  I have found the sofa back hinge mod, am trying to send a link.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    mash2mash2 Member Posts: 581
    There have been  a couple of write ups and videos.  Here is one from the yahoo group (put in the files section by sbrutan).  This has a second section on the new models (the original is for the DM version - without additional notes in this one).
  • Options
    RamrodRamrod Member Posts: 164
  • Options
    Connor2008Connor2008 Member Posts: 12
    Thanks to SAM & mash2.  I was looking for the mod that has a bar coming from the hinge and lifts the seat back while in semi reclined position but maybe this is better. I have seen Mr. Lewis' video of the method I think I prefer but can't find the details,   
    Dan & Nancy   Vermont   Orange/Silver 2013 S--Dre@msicle--TV 2013 Tacoma 4x4. 
    Nights spent in T@b
    D   6
    N   6
  • Options
    Mariner459Mariner459 Member Posts: 146
    edited August 2016
    For a vented outdoor shoe box, I imagine you could select a squarish plastic container with lid big enough for your items and a handle for zip tying or hanging it somewhere. Also get a premade vent or two like used for air flow in walls. The vents come with flat frames or flange edges. Get some flexible screen with tiny mesh like used for window screen replacements or leftovers. Cover the interior side of each vent with the mesh screen cut to fit over the vent to stop bugs from passing through. Glue it down to seal the edges of the mesh over vent slats. Measure and cut a hole in the container either smaller than the vent or whatever size is needed if the vent has a fitted flange edge.  Using some adhesive caulk (hardware or marine store), secure the vent(s) around the rim to the plastic container. Secure or hang container outside.  I thought of getting a five gallon bucket with a lid from the hardware store but the rounded sides are very hard to cut through without a power tool and the frame of vent might not bend around the hole for mounting easily; a single vent in the lid might not be enough air flow to dry out shoes inside. And you could glam it up with plastic decals, contact paper, etc. Just thinkin'. Other ideas?