Options

Uses for the original T@B table

2»

Comments

• Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 941
    DebM11 - We have used the original table in our T@B since the beginning.  I am able to raise and lower it with the same ease as the fellow in the R-pod video.  I have never really understood the dissatisfaction many folks have with it but it has been a forum topic since the earliest DM T@Bs. 
    We never take it in and out of the trailer while camping but do occasionally when at home while working on repairs or modifications in the interior.  I would concur that it is a bit awkward getting it in and out through the door - especially without a helper.
    For us, it is a nice size and very stable table when needed and collapses easily to become part of the bed platform otherwise.  The frame doesn't seem to interfere with our feet, knees, legs or springer spaniel.  The space taken by the frame is of no concern probably because we seem to carry much less stuff than most T@Bbers we have met.
    Everybody is different so I would certainly try it for a few trips and become familiar with its operation before condemning it.

• Options
    DebM11DebM11 Member Posts: 26
    Thanks @Verna for the tip, no worries we are regulars at Goodwill among other worthy causes. Happy Holidays!
    SOLD: My T@BLEAU
    2016 Max S Silver & Lt Blue T@B, 2007 Lexus 400h, Rockville & Port Republic, Maryland

Now riding/driving a Thor Vegas, 24.1 around the country
  • Options
    wizard1880wizard1880 Member Posts: 442
    I don't mind the table.

However, I completely understand why folks are quick to condemn:  It is not a simple task to raise or lower it!  To raise it you have to somehow hold the feet down and simultaneously pull it upward.  To do this you almost have to bend your legs backwards because of the angle.  And of course, lowering requires releasing that funky latch, and then press down hoping it collapses.

Otherwise, it is a very heavy duty sturdy table that does the job nicely.

Other than weight and the aforementioned inconvenience, is there another reason they keep showing up at Goodwill?
    T@@bulous
    2014 T@B CS Maxx
    TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
    Martha Lake, WA
  • Options
    VermonsterVermonster Member Posts: 80
    I like the awesome work space it provides and the ease of converting from "mobile office" to bed and vice versa.  Literally under 2 minutes each way.  We leave the sofa back down and simply roll our bedding all made to the back for the day.  

A couple of evenings ago my 6' 4" stepson visited camp for a beer and we sat inside because it was snowing and in the 20's.  I did notice he sat with his knees forward of the table :)

With snow forecast all this week I made a hasty retreat yesterday.  T@b is all washed and back in the garage.  12 nights in the t@b since we picked it up on Oct 1 and all on one tank of gas and no hookups
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @wizard1880, I'm a solo traveler using only the sofa laid down for my bed. I have no need for the queen sized bed. With the original table taking up so much room, bumping shins and knees, and with the table being so heavy, it made no sense for me to keep it.

I first used a Camping World lightweight folding table, and then I eagerly purchased the Lagun table when it was introduced. The Lagun suits my needs very well, mounted to the driver's bench seat it swings out of the way when needed and no more bruises on my legs. Should I ever decide to sell my T@B, I already have the slat rails on place and I can easily make the slats for the queen sized bed. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391

I have no interest in an R-Pod, but there are a couple of things of note in the following video.
    At 1:15 -- friction door hinge; stays put in a breeze
    At 2:05 -- black tank flush connection; no more wand & hose
    At 2:25 -- how to collapse/open an EZ-Glide dinette table ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYcrlqNduEU

A black tank flush would be super nice.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 941
    wizard1880 -  I find it helps to pull the table top toward yourself (and the latch) a bit while lifting and dropping to accommodate the motion of the linkage.  I don't seem to need to hold the legs down when lifting - maybe because I pull the top toward me as I lift.  Also lifting the top a bit when pulling the latch lets it release much easier before dropping.
    Vermonster, we also find it easy to roll our made up bedding to the rear and raise the table for a nice large and stable surface.  A smaller table would be a big compromise for the two of us.
    Everybody has different desires and it is great we have choices.
    Have fun!
    Bob

• Options
    wizard1880wizard1880 Member Posts: 442
    Ah I see.  The CS models have no back bench area so we don't have much choice in the matter if we want to convert to sleeping quarters, or dining room.
    T@@bulous
    2014 T@B CS Maxx
    TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
    Martha Lake, WA