Options

T@B Covers

13»

Comments

• Options
    FergieFergie Member Posts: 143
    Because I wasn't about to spring four or five hundred dollars at the time, I bought a Classic Accessories Overdrive Polypro 3 R-Pod Trailer Cover - 16' well over a year ago  through our local RV dealer after we bought our T@B in the fall. However, because we had mild weather and used the camper in November, I missed putting it on before winter and snow set in (my bad!) and I never did get it on.

This year almost the same thing happened again! We had a glorious fall and we took the outfit out to our local State Park early in November again. Then we had the coldest and snowiest end of November in years!  Fortunately that was followed by a much milder spell that melted all the snow and ice off our little T@B and just before Christmas I was able to get it on!

I did it surprisingly easily without any help by putting a step ladder on each side of the trailer to allow me to go back and forth to spread the cover out on top and work it down the sides. The extra foot or two length provided by the R-Pod design allows me to cover my spare that is mounted to the hitch and the hitch itself. The door opening is a little off, but I have no trouble unzipping the cover there and rolling it up for access. Also the added height allows the elastic bottom to completely go under the trailer all around.

Because I have been reading about abrasion around rough or pointed surfaces wearing out the poly-pro material with wind stress, I padded the hitch area with cardboard and soft material and put an extra strap around the front to reduce wind movement. We will see how it holds up in our Minnesota winter. Below are two pictures showing the covered T@B.

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited January 2017
    Fergie - That looks like it works out well.
  • Options
    dmerzbacdmerzbac Member Posts: 289
    Fergie, thanks for the idea on padding and the extra strap. I have purchased the same cover. I'm also glad to hear you had little or no problem getting the cover on by yourself. I'll pick up my T@b Wednesday, so it's reassuring to hear of your experiences with this cover.

2017 T@b 320 - 'Smokey'  2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - 'B@ndit'
    Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

• Options
    duckblind123duckblind123 Member Posts: 61
    Fergie, we purchased the same cover. This is our first winter with a T@B and the cover is working out well. We had no issues getting it on.  We used two straps (1 around the tip of the tongue and the 2nd about like yours). So far we've only had a little wind and rain, but the cover is holding strong. For the price, I, like most, could not pass it up.

Marc & Janet
    2016 T@B Max S - 2017 Honda Pilot - Winchester,VA

• Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    edited January 2017
    After almost a year, I've had a few tears on our Classic Accessories cover where the jack and tongue have rubbed through with the wind.  Should have put some bungees on earlier, like Fergie did, probably wouldn't have the tears now.  It's a decent cover,  breathes well, dries out quick after rain, and fits OK.   I'll be sewing it up come spring, and try and get another year out of it.  

Edited to add, it fits well on the Outback model,  covering the cargo rack,  Maxair roof vent and front platform, all the way to the coupler.  A more fitted cover wouldn't work well.
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,502
    I just received the Classic Accessories cover for the Tab specific model.  Anyone who has tried that model?  How does it fit.  There does not appear to be any extra fabric to blow around.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    MudsharkMudshark Member Posts: 21
    SAM said:
    I just received the Classic Accessories cover for the Tab specific model.  Anyone who has tried that model? How does it fit.  There does not appear to be any extra fabric to blow around.
    I bought the Classic Accessories cover for the Tab clamshell and the fit is perfect. I did have to remove the Maxx Air vent cover. It has zippers on each side of the clamshell and door which line up great. Cost was 100 bucks and I'm very happy with the fit and quality.
    2016 T@b M@x CS-S White with black trim. 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4. White Lake Mi.
  • Options
    Mudshark, what happened when you left the Maxx Air cover on?  Is that the cover that you place over the Fantastic Fan or is it the actual MaxxFan assembly?
  • Options
    The Maxx Air II is just a cover that is placed over the Fantastic Fan assy. The Classic Accessories cover was a little short on the front end with the Maxx Air in place.
    2016 T@b M@x CS-S White with black trim. 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4. White Lake Mi.
  • Options
    FergieFergie Member Posts: 143
    In the pictures I posted above with the R -Pod installed, you can possibly see that the Camco vent cover I had previously installed (over the Fantastic Fan) is a slight bump under the cover. The extra fabric that the R - Pad design provides allows this and also gives the cover a high point from which water can drain. Again, time will tell how this all works as opposed to a more form fitting cover!

Fergie in Minnesota

• Options
    Thanks Mudshark.  Our Clamshell has been ordered with the Maxx Air Deluxe fan and I think the Maxx Air cover closes more flush than the cover added to an existing vent.  Just was wondering how much of a problem the height of the fan will cause.  

Thanks Fergie.  The Classic Accessories cover model that we are referring to is specific to the Tab campers (Classic Accessories OverDrive PolyPro 3 Deluxe Teardrop Trailer cover, Fits 10' - 12' Tab & Clam Shell Trailers).  It looks to be a snug fit, but reviews report a perfect fit including the propane tub.  I will try to post a picture.

Sharon

• Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    @IrishCamper74...we cover ours with the paha que and store it outside in the Durango winter...works great.

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    Sam, the cover you ordered is the same one I have and does indeed fit over the front tub. You should be good to go with your setup.
  • Options
    IrishCamper74IrishCamper74 Member Posts: 237
    @IrishCamper74...we cover ours with the paha que and store it outside in the Durango winter...works great.
    Thanks Durango! Thats probably the route I'll go also. :sunglasses:
    Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller. ~John Geddes

2017 t@b CS, silver with green trim.
    TV: 2017 Honda Ridgeline.
  • Options
    Thanks Mudshark!
  • Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    Here's our T@B parked next to the driveway, sleeping over her 3rd winter.  It's been covered with snow several times already; I sometimes use my roof rake to clear it off.  When I remove the cover in March it's amazing how good it looks underneath...

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    Update-  I went to take the Polypro Classic Accessories cover off today and ripped a good size hole in it,  even though I was trying to be careful.  The lower single layer fabric must not be UV stable and then the constant wet/dry conditions just make it rotten.  It's 11 months old so not a great value at this point.  It has done a great job keeping the trailer nice. Might last longer if you have a shaded parking spot.

I'm ordering the ripstop version next.  We'll see how that one lasts.  
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra