TaB Model Year Features - (Updated list 3/2021)

LandoLando Member Posts: 8
edited March 2021 in Modifications & Upgrades
Is there a chart, feature list or enthusiast that can generally lists the differences, updates or beneficial features added per model year?  I am mainly interested in the wet bath "s" models from 2014 thru 2018.

Comments

• Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I don't believe that this type of cumulative/comparable information is available on a chart here on the forum but members have posted information from year to year on the varying models and amenities therein.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,409
    My advice is to buy as new as your budget will allow. Nu Camp constantly makes changes through out the year to improve their product. So an early 2015 may be different than a late 2015.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • KBaggins1KBaggins1 Member Posts: 135
    We have a 2014. Missing is an outside receptacle and a vent fan to help the AC unit. S model, non clamshell.
    2014 T@B M@XS;  2017 Ford Transit Low Roof, Reg. Wheel Base
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @KBaggins1 The outside receptacle was an option on the 2014. They didn't start installing the fan above the A/C unit until late 2014/early 2015. If you live close enough to the factory, you can check for installation prices and schedule an appointment at the factory for both of these items. If you're not close, talk to your dealer for a price and an appointment. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,396
    Updates and improvements seen to be ongoing without regard to a specific model year. Throw in modifications made by a previous owner and anything goes! It makes things interesting, but hard to document.

If you care that much about specifics, I suggest you closely inspect any T@B you are considering purchasing. 
    2015 T@B S
  • KBaggins1KBaggins1 Member Posts: 135
    We already installed the outside receptacle. Just pointing out to the op what might be missing if they find a used 2014 like ours.
    2014 T@B M@XS;  2017 Ford Transit Low Roof, Reg. Wheel Base
  • LandoLando Member Posts: 8
    Inspecting any tab I look at goes without saying. However,  I like to see the details and specs so I can make the most informed buying decision and was hoping someone may have knowledge of key things without picking them up here and there in various posts. 

The ac vent and receptacle comment was very helpful as I wouldn't have even known to consider these item. Thank you. 
  • DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,409
    SAM said:
    You will want to make sure the S model has a Norcold vent fan to exhaust the heat from the frig - that was second half of 2015 - early 2016's I think.  Upgraded cushions with the 2016 models, late 2016/2017 with shades that pull up and screens that pull down ( earlier models were reversed and had shade sag problems), electric brakes late 2014 addition?, Lagun table and bed slats standard starting late 2016/early 2017.  When did they add the pull out steps?

From a thread - changes for 2016:
    • 3D Logos
    • 100% Azdel Backers
    • Radial Tires (2015)
    • 30 amp power cord w/ built in LED light (2015)
    • Fantastic Fans will be clamp on which makes them screw free
    • Corrugated underbelly protectant & insulation
    • No fabric on window valances (they will be like the Outback)
    • Seat Panel Finger Inserts for Finished Look & EZ Opening
    • Upgraded upholstery foam density
    Late 2016 -added Digital Alde display

And another thread:   They have made standard in 2017:  included bed slats with a cleat to secure the slats, Lagun table, shades that pull up rather than pull down, screens that pull down rather than pull up, struts to support the cabinet doors, different faucet in the galley sink.  

2018 model changes:
    Different upholstery
    CS models with standard front counter and cabinets and 3 way frig
    Standard front window and outside shower
    New Norcold 3 way with side venting
    I think a change in the overhead fan???

Hope this helps.  Hang around - 2020 they are going for the self-propelled model!  Always improving.

What he said. Great job. 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    edited May 2017
    She said (I can't get my female emoticon to show!)
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • lauriehartlauriehart Member Posts: 11
    When did See Level 2 monitor start getting included?  I'm trying to figure out if a certain T@B is early or late 2017 and it has that but also 2 round vents under front window.
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @lauriehart, my t@b is a very early 2017. Took delivery may 14, 2016. It was built april, 2016. It came with digital alde control, seelevel guages, but has the 2 round fridge vents up front, which is the old style fridge. The newer fridge began being installed a few months later. The best way to determine if the unit is a '16 or '17 or '18 is by the VIN#. There's a thread on the forum about reading the specific information contained in the VIN. Use that, or give Nucamp a call with the VIN# and they'll be able to tell you. The change to the new style fridge was made not even halfway through the 2017. 
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    @lauriehart, my t@b is a very early 2017. Took delivery may 14, 2016. It was built april, 2016. It came with digital alde control, seelevel guages, but has the 2 round fridge vents up front, which is the old style fridge. The newer fridge began being installed a few months later. The best way to determine if the unit is a '16 or '17 or '18 is by the VIN#. There's a thread on the forum about reading the specific information contained in the VIN. Use that, or give Nucamp a call with the VIN# and they'll be able to tell you. The change to the new style fridge was made not even halfway through the 2017. 
    If it were me, buying used, the new fridge would be matter, because the old fridge has been discontinued, which means parts supplies for that model will likely diminish over time.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• morey000morey000 Member Posts: 155
    edited February 2020
    As I'm in the market for a new or lightly used 320S- this is a wonderfully useful thread.  but... it's missing any changes for the 2019 model!  For '19 I do see that they changed the Outback into two models- a Boondock Lite and Edge. But are there other more substantive changes that we know about?
    Silver on Silver, 320S '19 Outback Lite
  • morey000morey000 Member Posts: 155
    edited March 2019
    320: external storage access door was made standard.  '18 or '19?  And, I walked through an '18 vs a '19 400- and the interior was totally redesigned.  the '19 400's are way sharper looking inside.  I was hoping they'd do that euro style redesign for the 320.

Mid 2018- Alde system upgraded from 3010 to 3020, which includes a high altitude (Alde Freight Train) fix.
    Silver on Silver, 320S '19 Outback Lite
  • DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    Princess Craft had a eight minute YouTube video going through the versions and changes seven months ago...  from Dutchmen to present.  Easier sometimes to watch a video than that hard reading thing.  High level though... 

https://youtu.be/zFM5gfcLrsQ

2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

edited August 2019
    OK, so I sat down and tried to update our running list of TaB Model Changes.  I attached a PDF and I have some questions that I highlighted.  If you are inclined, please review the list and offer up required changes.  Seems like 2019 and 2020 have limited info.  Check it out.  Thanks!

See below for latest PDF with model changes.
  • VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,489
    OK, so I sat down and tried to update our running list of TaB Model Changes.  I attached a PDF and I have some questions that I highlighted.  If you are inclined, please review the list and offer up required changes.  Seems like 2019 and 2020 have limited info.  Check it out.  Thanks!
    A few things for the last two model years:

2019 320 models moved to KIB sensors instead of SeeLevel.

2019 Edge has cargo netting on the valances as well as the door cargo pockets.

2019 Boondock platform changed that year to cover the area in front of the tub, and on the Edge, the full Boondock spare tire is mounted with a cage style frame in that spot. (Lite does not come with a Boondock spare, but rather the smaller size, mounted under the back). 2020 Edge has the tire mounted directly to the front of the tub, no cage.

2019 320 Lite has the solid grey cushions too.

And, of course, 2020 was the year of the full interior remodel for the 320, dark cabinets and flooring, white walls and ceiling. Compartment door is eliminated due to Elwell AC change, upper AC cabinet now storage. Main door changed to 400 style.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
    Thanks @VictoriaP!
  • ColleenD2ColleenD2 Member Posts: 411
    The cage for the front tire changed mid 2019. It changed to being bolted on the front tub. Solar is newer and charges even if one of the squares is getting sun. One other thing, and I am not sure how to explain it but they “cushioned” the trim in the 2019 to account for the temperature flex. There is a soft black material there now. If I remember, I will take a pic.
    2019 Custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish
    We slept in 34 states, 2 countries & counting.

What year went to the single grey/black tank release?

Also, @rkj__there is no 3 way fridge in the CS. It can’t be vented.

There is also a new step in the 2019s.

@ColleenD2, the single sewer outlet was early 2018.  Is the new entry step aluminum?  Do you have the changed 2019 spare tire set up?  I can’t picture how it is different.  Picture?  Interesting about the trim.  I wonder if that is working to prevent cracks.
    A few others for early 2015 (people, keep me honest)
    - All LED interior lighting 
    - 3163 fridge (3 way)
    - No sink in S wetbath
    - 5 gallon freshwater tank below kitchen sink
    - 11 gallon freshwater tank
    - Fixed front window?
    - New style windows and shades?
    - LED exterior lights (oval porch light)
    - Wood look vinyl flooring

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Thanks Jenn.  I am trying to nail down when the different Norcold models turned up.  Were your 5/11 gallon tanks new for 2015?  
    So the 2016 front windows option opened?
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
     Is the new entry step aluminum?  
    Yes, and so much easier to use than the old metal unit.  Spring loaded and smooth!  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
    Thanks Jenn.  I am trying to nail down when the different Norcold models turned up.  Were your 5/11 gallon tanks new for 2015?  
    I am not sure about the 2014 tank size, but the bigger tanks were introduced part of the way through the model 2015 year, as was the fan for the AC.

As for the window, I do not know when they switched to the new type that open.

• ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,396
    jkjenn said:
    I am not sure about the 2014 tank size, but the bigger tanks were introduced part of the way through the model 2015 year, as was the fan for the AC.

As for the window, I do not know when they switched to the new type that open.
    My 2015 (built Dec. 2014--so a late 2015 according to Sharon's scheme) has an opening front window. My recollection is that is was technically still an option at that point, but most of the T@Bs being built by then had it installed.
    2015 T@B S
    Mine has a cover on it but here it is.

it is mounted with bolts directly to the silver tub. I’ll shoot a pic of the inside.