Options

If you could start over, what factory additions would you most like on your T@b?

2»

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    PXLated said:
    I'd like a 12v plug outside next to th ACs that are there.
    Put your own one in, I did.
    This would be super easy to add to the propane/battery box. http://amzn.to/1V5Ehpr

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Yep, already have a 12v plug at the battery. Also a direct hookup for a large inverter and the charger cable for my generator. Didn't drill any holes, just need to retrieve from within the box and dangle down the side.
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Photomom said:
    Someone here said it was best to talk to the factory first as not all dealers are aware of what can be done. 
    You should still work with the dealer. If they will not work with you then find one that will. There are plenty of good dealers out there, and it is your money.

All orders come from dealers, the factory does not sell directly.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Lil_L's_Sofitel_15Lil_L's_Sofitel_15 Member Posts: 30
    edited September 2015
    I would have had a portal window in my water closet. It looks cool to have one on each side. Otherwise I'm good. I am trying to K.I.S.S. and use propane rather than electricity for most things. I want to be able to "dry camp" without much trouble. I wouldn't mind a 3 way fridge in the back too. Not sure if the reason they gave me makes much sense. If I can figure out a way to shoot off the propane the stove uses, I will do that. 
    And probably Not have 2 TV's. 
  • Options
    Lil - If it's the venting issue, it's real. Besides the propane air intake & exhaust, it gives off enough heat that it requires exhaust fans.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Cyclonic said:
    Photomom said:
    Someone here said it was best to talk to the factory first as not all dealers are aware of what can be done. 
    You should still work with the dealer. If they will not work with you then find one that will. There are plenty of good dealers out there, and it is your money.

All orders come from dealers, the factory does not sell directly.
    That is what I was told, when I called LG before I ordered mine and then I have read about people who were able to get their T@b directly from the factory. What is irritating about that to me was my bad dealer experience and the fact that I live much closer to LG and the factory than I do a dealer. I see now that General RV carries T@bs, but they don't get great feedback. In essence, because of the limited dealer network, we are forced to work with bad dealers or drive even further to get a T@b. In my case, getting my T@b serviced by my dealer, 3.5 hrs away, is unrealistic. I will likely end up scheduling service at CW, instead, or utilize the local trailer shop to service my bearings.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Well, I'm not looking to order from the factory, but I'd like an authoritative source of information about what is possible.  This forum has given me some great ideas, but I have gotten some information that turned out to be incorrect. And the web site really has very little detailed info about the trailers.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    jcfaber1jcfaber1 Member Posts: 318
    We have a 2007 DM.  If I were to change anything it would be to put a larger fridge where the coolcat is and the storage space directly above.  Where the existing fridge is becomes storage.  I am sorting out the A/C so the big modification is in my mind's eye.  The fridge is this:   http://www.indelwebastomarine.com/us/products/fridges-freezers/cruise-marine-refrigerators/large-fridges-90-130-l/cruise-130-elegance/
    With the isotherm energy control module.  No need for an additional cooler or ARB.  I would like to get the grill,charcoal, and wheel chocks out on the tougue.
    John

2007 T@B

Rockford, IL

• Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    If I were to replace my Dutchmen with a new Little Guy, I would have a custom window height cabinet built instead of the low front bench.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    lara9209lara9209 Member Posts: 45
    Sgtjohn said:
    Actually, I installed a net under the back cabinets.   Total cost was about $12.00 for the net and a couple of screw in sort of knobs that each end is attached.  (eBay again).  We put our pillows in it during the day and in the evening when we hit the hay we can put our day clothes in the net.  I also installed a USB charger beside the 120V under the table and I am thinking of putting one somewhere near the rear of the trailer near the "lift-up" lid.  It isn't difficult, simply run a couple of wires off of the detector to the rear of the T@B over the ALDE and drill a hole for the USB charger and wham!  You're done!
    Do you have any pics of your cargo net install?  I am wanting to do the same ... but am trying to figure out a) size I need and b) how to fasten.  Thanks!
    Lisa
    John & Lisa, 2016 M@x S, Silver/Yellow, Hood Canal, WA, TV = 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
  • Options
    R&DAndrewsR&DAndrews Member Posts: 116
    We were going to special order our CS-S T@b with the following add-ons:
    1) higher Outback axle
    2) Outback platform and propane/battery cover
    3) outside hatch access on passenger side under dinette bench
    4) Cabinet inside instead of bench which contains 3-way fridge and sink on top (basically want inside kitchen and outside kitchen) with additional regular and 12V plugs
    5) Outside shower
    6) Porthole window in wetbath and no sink
    7) MaxFan cover

Now we are waiting to see the larger T@B as we are family of 3.  Or we will wait a few years more when our son becomes a teenager and doesn't want to be seen with us.  We will get our T@B and he can sleep in a tent. :)

• Options
    Mr_Mrs_GnomeMr_Mrs_Gnome Member Posts: 241
    edited June 2016
    @R&DAndrews, if you get the Outback pitched axle, are you going to get the offroad tires?
    '17 Outback S - TV 2016 Chevy Colorado in "Colorful Colorado"
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    I think someone mentioned this, but it would be nice to have a split sofa back on the non clamshell models. This would give flexibility in setting up only half the bed. 

It it would also be nice to the factory would just go ahead and mount the spare tire on the tongue. 
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    R&DAndrewsR&DAndrews Member Posts: 116
    @R&DAndrews, if you get the Outback pitched axle, are you going to get the offroad tires?
    Yep, basically want a CS-S Outback model that they don't offer with inside and outside kitchens because we want the option of both.  Since we already own a travel trailer we know storage is an issue.  If we don't have the necessary storage, then our trailer is messy. We are short and can sleep in the shorter bed so this makes the most sense for us.  
  • Options
    JandJ92010JandJ92010 Member Posts: 304
    PXLated said:
    Put your own one in, I did.
    I put mine below the 110 volt outlet on the door side. Ran wires to the back of the converter, to an empty 12 volt tap.
    The HobbiT@B, 2015-L, towed by a2014 RAM C/V
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,513
    PXLated said:
    PXLated - what do you use an outside 12 volt plug for?

Sharon
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    I charge my iDevices thru a usb plug into the 12v cig/accessory plug. Would like to be able to do that while sutting outside reading.
  • Options
    donohueddonohued Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a used 2015 T@B. It's in near perfect condition!
    Haven't gone anywhere yet. First trip is coming in a few days. I've been playing around with it and have slept in it a few times. I find the table very large and somewhat difficult to maneuver around. I saw a different table installed in a 2017 that I liked. I purchased the Lagun pedestal table from NuCamp and will have it installed soon along with the bed rail and slats. Probably won't have time before my first trip though. I do think it will afford me much more maneuverability - especially when  traveling with a friend.
    The other thing I think I might like to have is some sort of window along the back wall. Could possibly be just something long and narrow that might not open. Just don't like that blind side.
    And lastly if the window over the sink could open I think it would give more airflow and be helpful when cooking inside.
    Like I said, I have camped yet so I may find reasons why these things are not included.
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,498
    I would have liked the split couch back. It would make accessing the drivers side under compartment behind the Alde much easier to reach! Since it looks like we have zero plans/time/etc to get as far as Sugarcreek to have it done, I will continue to love L@dybug for who she is!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    dmerzbacdmerzbac Member Posts: 289
    Having one waste water outlet instead of separate gray and black water outlets.

2017 T@b 320 - 'Smokey'  2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - 'B@ndit'
    Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,498
    @dmerzbac search the forum and look for Dalehelman's post about how to do this. He shows pics of all the parts, Home depot bar codes so you/they can find them. It takes him about 30 minutes to do this mod. It is one of the best mods I have! You can also message him. Good luck!

2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    IrishCamper74IrishCamper74 Member Posts: 237
    No Jensen anything. A Sanyo, NEC, anything is better than Jensen. Doesn't have to break the bank, either. 
    Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller. ~John Geddes

2017 t@b CS, silver with green trim.
    TV: 2017 Honda Ridgeline.
  • Options
    LauraReyLauraRey Member Posts: 338
    I wish I had the split backseat and a mounting bracket for putting the Lagun table on the outside.
    Red and White, 2017 Max S being towed by a 2014 Honda Ridgeline.  Hello Mountains!