Options

Hose/pipe loose

13»

Comments

• Options
    DerecoDereco Member Posts: 89
    ScottG said:
    I think the "sparking" described is an indicator of some sort on the circuit board. Mine does the same thing.

About half the time, I also have trouble lighting my fridge on propane. (Yes, I run the stove first.) The light will come on and then go right out again, even as I continue to hold down the button. After a couple rounds of this, it won't light at all. Cursing does not help, but walking away does. In all cases, the fridge would light without any drama after sitting a couple hours (or in one instance, overnight). Once it starts, it runs fine.

I might check that distance between the electrode, and the burner. Thanks for pointing that out, Photomom.
    Thanks for feedback Scott. I also run the stove first, and have played with this since Friday to no avail. 

Distance between electrode and burner? Anyone have that in a picture? :) (thanks for idea to both Photomom and ScottG). 
  • Options
    SweetlyHomeSweetlyHome Member Posts: 336
    Ok, hard to see in the picture.  Based on what you and ScottG say I'd go along with Photomom on checking the spark gap at the burner.  One thing is for sure if its consistently arcing where you can see it its not arcing at the burner.  Had too many customers requesting trained sparks over the years wanting them to jump the larger of two gaps. 
    Jupiter, Florida~T@B 400, with 2018 Toyota 4Runner

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,477
    Dereco, the thing in the second picture you posted is the thermocouple probe--it apparently has a tendency to come loose and not operate properly.

However, I think a loose probe results in the fridge not staying lit once you release the button, but should not affect it lighting in the first place. The button in effect overrides the thermocouple until everything heats up to operating temperature. Hopefully someone who knows these fridges better can confirm or refute this.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    SweetlyHomeSweetlyHome Member Posts: 336
    ScottG that is how I understand it as well.  It's how my gas water heater functions at home.  Typically in that case there is a bi-metal sensor in the pilot light flame.  You hold the button long enough for it to get hot and close a locking circuit contact to keep the pilot light gas valve open (The interrupter in the Norcold?) and enable the main gas valve.  I'd check all this out at home but don't have the stove above my Norcold and would have to pull it to see all this. 
    Jupiter, Florida~T@B 400, with 2018 Toyota 4Runner

• Options
    Just to confirm, after email chat with PV, the sparking as described is normal when trying to light the fridge on propane, and stops when it starts. I'll be taking the trailer back for another look where the parts were installed, at month's end. :) 

Derek 
  • Options
    duncanmarladuncanmarla Member Posts: 12

We ran our fridge on LP for the first time, it seemed to stay cold, but we had the clicking all the time. I called our dealer and he said it needed a slight adjustment, fingers crossed as we have our first trip without shore power next week.

2016 Subie Outback V6. S Max. 
  • Options
    Just a brief update on all this, my Tab was in for the issue related to the hoses that needed to be re-clamped to ensure they no longer touched the fins, but the fridge still does not work on propane. :(  I re-read this thread and a few more today, so have some new ideas to check. 
  • Options
    Update: new igniter board on the way! Expect this will resolve the lack of fridge operations!
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Dereco, Thanks for the update. Please let us know if the igniter board fixes your issues. 
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Update: all done, the fridge is now working on propane, the pipes were adjusted not to rub the fins, and the free-hanging pipe from last year was fixed then. So all good. Norcold and Tab have been very cooperative, just took some time.