Options

Hello from Colorado and thinking about it

ToefootToefoot Member Posts: 38

Hello all, I went to several RV dealerships to look at the 320 model and the 400 model. I live in Colorado and we have owned 2 pull behind campers prior. First let me say I like both models and the camping we do is for the wife and I.

I was a little shocked at the asking price for both models given interior square footage. What I would like to know with current owners is it worth it, meaning in quality and resale value?

Our camping average is about 13-15 times a year. Not hard to find a camping area within a 45 minute drive from our house.

Thanks in advance for any helpful information.

2018 320S Outback pulled by 2012 Jeep Wrangler.

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I camp 4+ months per year, which includes 3+ months in the Southwest in the winter.  Quality is when a T@B can stand up to this use. My only normal maintenance is having my wheel bearings serviced, I check the battery levels, I use a handheld square drive screwdriver to check and tighten any loose exterior screws, wash as needed, wax once a year, and lubricate the stabilizers and tongue. 

The interior only takes dusting, sweeping/mopping the floor, cleaning the bathroom, using a light wood scratch concealer on the cabinet doors, cleaning windows and vacuuming screens. 

Resale is when you look at the T@B’s for Sale Category and look at the high prices people are asking and getting for their T@B’s.   Even the factory will tell you that unlike other campers, T@B’s are retaining their resale value. 

Do I love the low maintenance of my T@B— yes. Do I love that I could sell it quickly—yes. Do I want to sell it—NO WAY!  I expect to still be using my T@B in 10 years.  

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @Toefoot, we bought a 2017 sofitel(max s) 320 t@b. Fell in love at first sight. Checked other campers to compare, and there is really no comparison IMHO. While looking at others, I was scratched by badly assembled pressed board, cut by errant staples, found I couldn't close or open some new cabinet doors (warping), etc. Not so with our t@b. Bought it, used it once for shakedown purposes, and embarked on an epic journey. 6 weeks, 4 people, 10,000 miles, 25 states and every national park and monument we could find. The t@b performed flawlessly. This year we covered another 5,000 miles and 9 states, and we enjoyed the same flawless operation from our t@b. This is our first rv experience and probably our last. Would we sell it, NO. Will we depend on it to take us places we've never been, YES. Will we enjoy it, YES. And do we love being a part of the t@b family, from the designers, builders and fellow Forum members and t@b  travellers, YES. That's where the true value is!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Thanks Verna this helps. I will be towing it with a Jeep Wrangler as the wife and I like to get into the woods away from the hustle. Do you take your T&B to campsites or do you venture out?

• Options
    We do mostly campsites because of the kids, but when we can, we do sneak away to obscure locations. A good charge on the battery, some solar and a full fresh water tank to start can get us 4/5 days away. YMMV! 
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
  • Options
    RoameyRoamey Member Posts: 239
    Evaluate the way you use and depend on your refrigerator. Some find it lacking. 
       T@B trip wherever
    New surprises everyday
       See beautiful world
  • Options
    @Toefoot, I meander around the Southwest, Southern California, up to Nevada and down into Texas in the winter. I rarely have electrical hookups, relying on my dual 6 volt golf cart batteries and 200 watts of solar panels to recharge the batteries.

While camping in the summer, I choose either electrical campsites if I need A/C for the dog, or non-electric if no A/C is needed. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Thank you all, I will keep researching and kicking tires until next spring when I will pull the trigger and get a small camper. As of now it is up in the air but leaning towards a T&B 320 outback.
  • Options
    The Outback just changed names to Boondock due to another company already having an Outback model, though it is much larger (monster!) and nothing remotely like the T @B

But, the Boondock is the only other model I would consider in the 320 Line.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    My wife and I went to the Toronto Fall RV Show last weekend.

We looked at a lot trailers of all shapes, sizes, and configurations.  My wife and I could not find anything we liked better than our 320 CS-S.  

While it may not seem like good value on paper, we love our trailer, and and it seems they do indeed hold their value well. 
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    BcsTractorBcsTractor Member Posts: 8
    Did you visit Sun City Trailers in Colorado Springs?  He had a special price a week or so ago when we bought ours.  He had the more subdued colors of the 320 S and had them fitted with the larger wheels.
    2018 T@B 320 S built with Outback axle and wheels. TV 2006 BMW X3 White Manual Trans
  • Options
    BillBBillB Member Posts: 2
    I looked for two years before deciding on the T@B 320CS-S. Have ZERO regrets. Recently went to a T@B rally 1st thing you notice is how the older models have held thier quality. The cabnetry is just fantastic as is the fabric inside and out. I look forward to many years of use and putting my monies into each trip not the RV  :):):)
    Bill -N- Brenda - Redding CA Area
    2018 T@B CS-S <—2017 Ford F150>
  • Options
    Smullis7Smullis7 Member Posts: 221
    I have the Outback (which I purchased from Sun City Trailers last year) and I LOVE it!  I've pulled it into some pretty rough places with no issues as I mostly boondock.  On one occasion, I hit speeds of 25-30mph on a rough forest service road trying to get my dog to the vet and I was sure I had ruined it.  The T@B held up wonderfully...in fact, just the stuff in the sink bounced out!  It is pricey, but as far as quality goes, I think you'll be pleased.  The customer support from Nucamp is excellent as well...at least in my experience.
    Sheila and the Mullis Pups (Winston, Morgan, Leroy & Dakota)
    M@bel M@y, my 2017 T@B Outback Max S (silver w/black trim), towed by Maude Myrtle, my 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock.

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    @Smullis7, I hope your dog was ok! :dog:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Did you visit Sun City Trailers in Colorado Springs?  He had a special price a week or so ago when we bought ours.  He had the more subdued colors of the 320 S and had them fitted with the larger wheels.
    Smullis7 said:
    I have the Outback (which I purchased from Sun City Trailers last year) and I LOVE it!  I've pulled it into some pretty rough places with no issues as I mostly boondock.  On one occasion, I hit speeds of 25-30mph on a rough forest service road trying to get my dog to the vet and I was sure I had ruined it.  The T@B held up wonderfully...in fact, just the stuff in the sink bounced out!  It is pricey, but as far as quality goes, I think you'll be pleased.  The customer support from Nucamp is excellent as well...at least in my experience.
    I went to Sun City this morning and last weekend went to the Pueblo dealership. They do seem to grow on a person. The wife and I celebrated our 30th Anniversary 2 weeks ago and she has her heart set on a camper, she truly deserves it for putting up with me and 23 years in the Army.

Maybe this weekend.....

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,450
    DW and I are a little unusual in that we knew nothing about campers, did little research, and had no real sense of the T@B's quality or resale value. However, when we stumbled across one on a dealer's lot (while casually looking at A-frames) we both knew that was the one. We couldn't believe somebody actually made a camper that fit every unreasonable criteria we had we mind.

I spent a day or two price shopping the limited options we had, and we had our T@B home during the week. No regrets in three seasons and close to 100 comfy nights. Sometimes when it speaks to you, you just gotta' listen!  :-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    We did it today. 320 outback with some upgrades, 150 watt solar and some kinda flooring that is grey and important to my wife for some reason. The outside has red trim with the left/right sides being black composite to match the Jeep Wrangler colors of red and black.

Thank you all for being helpful. 

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,512
    Congrats!  We need pictures!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Motto here is "no pics, didn't happen! "Congratulations, and much happy t@bbing.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Toefoot said:
    We did it today. 320 outback with some upgrades, 150 watt solar and some kinda flooring that is grey and important to my wife for some reason. The outside has red trim with the left/right sides being black composite to match the Jeep Wrangler colors of red and black.

Congrats! 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    bmetinCObmetinCO Member Posts: 15
    Congrats!  We probably aren't too far behind in making our decision as well. My wife says we are waiting but we will see...
    Did you get yours at Boardmans in Pueblo?  We saw that red/black one last weekend.  
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Welcome!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    Toefoot said:

Congratulations on the new trailer.  Happy T@bbing to you and your wife.  
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Toefoot, Congrats, and let the fun begin! :joy:
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    bmetinCO said:
    Congrats!  We probably aren't too far behind in making our decision as well. My wife says we are waiting but we will see...
    Did you get yours at Boardmans in Pueblo?  We saw that red/black one last weekend.  
    Yes, Boardmans and it was the same one you seen. The staff was limited on Saturday but we submitted the loan through our credit union via the Internet. Sun City had limited inventory at this time and winter is upon us.

Boardman was also willing to negotiate the price. Seems here in Colorado nothing is under $22,000 in a 2018 T@B 320 with the features we wanted.

This will be the 1st camper with solar as a option so I am reading and learning with a goal of adding another 200 watt flex panel if possible along with our Honda generator.

• Options
    Motto here is "no pics, didn't happen! "Congratulations, and much happy t@bbing.
    Understand, will being picking it up next Friday and will take some pics. Sad thing is now I have to store it for the winter and be patient for Spring to arrive.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    edited October 2017
    @Toefoot, Sounds like Amazon Prime is in your future! :rofl: You'll love your solar, I know we do. Opens up all kinds of possibilities so as not to be locked in to full hook-up sites. Our longest venture so far has been for 10 days (using available water, and latrine facilities) with no issues. You'll find that your new T@B is extremely frugal in it's use of propane for both the fridge, and heat. Do some driveway camping & get accustomed to everything, ask questions if unsure....and then go have an adventure! :)
    Just read your post above. As long as you don't put water in the system when there is a factor of freezing involved, you can still camp. (IE: No flushing toilet, showers, or sink.) Waiting for Spring to arrive would drive me nuts! :fearful::anguished::angry:  Just sayin'...=) !
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    TammaraTammara Member Posts: 34
    Toefoot said:

This will be the 1st camper with solar as a option so I am reading and learning with a goal of adding another 200 watt flex panel if possible along with our Honda generator.

Congrats on the new T@B!  
    I am a newbie as well.  I have a 320S I bought in August.  You might want to wait on buying more solar or a generator until you have taken your T@B out a time or two.  My 120 solar panel has been plenty for me.  Of course it is just me and my two dogs.  I also don't mind finding a place with electrical hookups when there was a couple of days of really hot weather that I could not escape, or the time I had to hunker down in Wells, Nevada for a couple of nights to weather out an early winter storm.
    I second what @ericnliz suggests about driveway camping.  You can do a lot of exploring inside you T@B , as well as organize and reorganize, and get to know your Amazon delivery person real well.
    2017 T@B 320 S     Jeep Cherokee 3.2L V6
    States Visited Map

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    Welcome to the T@b family @Toefoot, and congratulations! I'm with your wife on the grey marmoleum flooring. It is a great product and wears well. I'd love to have it, but in a different color if possible. This is my first winter with L@dybug, and I plan many weekends of movie watching, working on mods, and just hanging out with the heat on while snow-bound till spring. Have fun, enjoy the journey, and yes, we want pics!  =)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red