RV Lock Keyless for RV's is great! (Currently for T@B S Max and T@B 320 {pre 2020} only)

Comments

• PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    I'm thinking about making this upgrade too - if anyone sees them on sale would you please alert the forum?
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • TabfortwoTabfortwo Member Posts: 157
    I think they are 15% now
  • rcuomorcuomo Member Posts: 319
    FYI, I just got off the phone with RVLock.  They are having a black Friday special on the V4, 40% off starting midnight.  $240 dropped down to $144.
    ‘18 Tab 320S- mfg’d 4/17, acquired 9/17
    Spare & bike rack on tongue, Renogy 100w suitcase connection, cargo & door nets, sway bar, wired rear camera, Norcold aux fan, front window protection, frame mounted sewer & water hose storage, Krieger 1500w inverter w/100Ah LIFePO4.
    ‘17 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E- 5000# tow cap, 600# tongue cap
    ‘20 Honda Pilot Elite- 5000# tow cap, 500# tongue cap
    Huntington LI
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    That’s Better than the Labor Day Sale I hit!  Be sure to look for the $20 off for liking their homepage on FB. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Thanks for the tip!

rcuomo said:
    FYI, I just got off the phone with RVLock.  They are having a black Friday special on the V4, 40% off starting midnight.  $240 dropped down to $144.

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
    @Verna, when locking the Tab, does the V4.0 keypad require you to enter a code to throw the deadbolt (if not using a key or keyfob), or can you simply press the 'lock' button to throw the deadbolt?
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
    @ChanW, you must enter a 4-digit code of your choosing to unlock or lock. There is a process to set your own code. 

Or you can press one button (either lock or unlock) on the key fob.  

Or you can use the key, which is a much better key than with the original lock. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I am sooooo getting one of these. Even though I have a "1 key" system where I don't have that infamous CH751 key that everyone else has (and experienced RV-campers have changed out for storage areas).
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • seajeeperseajeeper Member Posts: 37
    You don't need to enter a code to lock it.  Just press and hold the lock button for a couple seconds, then it will lock.  Also, the code can be 5 digits (mine is) I think 4 digit is the minimum.

2016 Max S, 2011 Volvo XC60

My directions said to select a 4-digit code. I’ll have to check on holding the lock button. I may have missed that in the directions.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    edited November 2017
    This was discouraging info, so I contacted RVLock to see what their response was.

They replied:
    We have a new  "quick lock feature" on our V4 where you will simply hold down the lock symbol for a couple of seconds and it will lock the deadbolt.

That's excellent news. It also shows they're on top of being up-to-date. I guess I'll be up until midnight on Thanksgiving, with my finger on 'Send'!

@Verna, the downloaded PDF instructions I found showed a max of 8 digits for the code.

Verna said:
    @ChanW, you must enter a 4-digit code of your choosing to unlock or lock. There is a process to set your own code. 

Or you can press one button (either lock or unlock) on the key fob.  

Or you can use the key, which is a much better key than with the original lock. 

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • nawlins1b1nawlins1b1 Member Posts: 7
    LOL-I am OCD, fobs will not work for me I have to pull the handle at least twice to be sure it is locked! Hahaha, actually I am a Criminal Justice major from SLU. I am always super vigilante and do not leave much to chance, I have to have keys! But-TEHO. 
  • BillBill Member Posts: 38
    rcuomo said:
    Just confirmed this with RVLock. Nov. 24 from midnight to noon. Webcode: BLCKFRDAY17. They say they have lots of inventory. They do ship to Canada for an extra $20+.
    Bill & Helen; 2017 T@B S Maxx, (Serenity Now!!); TV 2019 Honda Ridgeline,
    Woodstock, Ontario 
    seajeeper said:
    You don't need to enter a code to lock it.  Just press and hold the lock button for a couple seconds, then it will lock.  Also, the code can be 5 digits (mine is) I think 4 digit is the minimum.
    @seajeeper, you are correct in that you only have to hold the lock button down to lock—Thanks!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • T@BalongT@Balong Member Posts: 317
    After reading all the comments here and the reviews on the RVLock website about the v4 version, I'm still not certain about this.............does it remotely lock and unlock both the upper and lower locks on the T@B?
    2015 T@B 320 S, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
    States Visited Map
    You only have one lock on the outside with the V4. The keypad, key fob or the key will open the one deadbolt from the outside.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • T@BalongT@Balong Member Posts: 317
    Thanks Verna........one more question............for those of us who may not want to carry a key fob, can the door be locked with just the number pad when leaving the trailer?
    2015 T@B 320 S, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
    States Visited Map
    Yes, I am loving that I can use the keypad while the T@B is in the driveway under her cover. This is great!  No key, no keyfob required. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,497
    Bill said:
    rcuomo said:
    Just confirmed this with RVLock. Nov. 24 from midnight to noon. Webcode: BLCKFRDAY17. They say they have lots of inventory. They do ship to Canada for an extra $20+.
    Thanks for posting this. I got a new latch today using this discount code.
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • TabsterTabster Member Posts: 118
    Ordered mine today. Thanks for the heads up. I have been leaving my Tabby unlocked in the driveway as my emergency plan in case of earthquake etc. Now i'll be able to lock her and not worry about finding the key in an emergency.  Also wont have to worry about carrying and possibly losing a key while we're beach camping. 
    2015 CS. Ford f150 v8. Southern california
  • dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    I ordered the standard lock with two keys so that not just anybody with that style lock can open our Tab. 
    RVLock Mechanical Entry Door Handle × 1

$29.99

Discount (BLCKFRDAY17)

$-11.99

Subtotal

$18.00

Shipping

$5.99

Total

$23.99 USD
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,350
    dsatwork - assuming you now have a 900 series lock, you are correct.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    Tabaz said:
    dsatwork - assuming you now have a 900 series lock, you are correct.
    doesn't say what series it is, just list it as a mechanical lock. 
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • TammaraTammara Member Posts: 34
    I bought my lock this morning. Now I can put a spare key for my TV in my T@B for the next time one of the dogs locks me out of my TV.
    2017 T@B 320 S     Jeep Cherokee 3.2L V6
    States Visited Map

• BertBert Member Posts: 87
    They're on sale for 25 percent off through Monday, November 27. Bought one.
  • gbhaneygbhaney Member Posts: 19
    I saw the 25% discount on the 4.0 through Monday, 11/27 tonight and was about to order until I saw that the RV Lock website, from which I was ordering, states there is just one key fob. I believe Verna's original post back in Sept. said there were two fobs (which is what we need). Anyone have any info re the number of fobs they got or are getting with the 4.0, either during one of these holiday sales or at full price? I plan to call the company tomorrow to find out  whether it's one or two with this 25% discount, and what an additional fob costs if it's only one.
    2021 T@B 400 BD.  Silver with black. TV: 2020 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD

• HR_TalyHR_Taly Member Posts: 119
    @gbhaney I purchased mine back in July when they had a special sale that came with two key fobs.  Otherwise, it's my understanding that each lock only comes with one remote key fob.  Although you can buy extras (I think the normal price is $39 each, but check the website).  Extra fobs are really easy to program and add, and you can add one to work with your lock at any time.

They seem to change up their specials from time to time, and a second free fob is one of them.  Probably six of one, half dozen of the other if a greater discount vs free extra fob is better!

2018 T@B Max S silver and black (aka TadT@B), Full-timing since July 2017

@gbhaney, my 2nd key fob was part of the special that was going on at the time.  As @HR_Taly said, it depends on the special price the company has when you buy. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • gbhaneygbhaney Member Posts: 19
    Thanks, all. Someone at RV Lock confirmed that specials differ and the current one (ending tonight HOLIDAY25) includes one fob, with 25% discount off entire purchase. Ordered the V4.0 $239.99 and an additional fob at $39.99. Total came to $209 with the 25% discount. Looking forward to the security and convenience this should offer.
    2021 T@B 400 BD.  Silver with black. TV: 2020 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD

• TammaraTammara Member Posts: 34
    edited November 2017
    @gbhaney It comes with one remote fob and two mechanical keys.  An extra fob is $40.

oops. Looks like you were posting, while I was typing. Glad someone at RV Lock got back to you.
    2017 T@B 320 S     Jeep Cherokee 3.2L V6
    States Visited Map