Options

***** In Loving Memory *****

HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
edited December 2017 in Events & News
It is with great sadness that I share with you the sudden death of Liz (of Ericnliz), Eric's beloved wife. She died suddenly early Tuesday morning (12/26). It was in part a condition in her body that was quietly lying there for years undetected and Eric was assured that it could have happened at any time, anywhere, and nothing could have saved her. Eric is surrounded with close long time friends and family, with more family arriving. Prayers for Eric, Liz's daughters and sisters, and all whose lives she touched are appreciated. 

At this time Eric is still trying to wrap his head and heart around it all while doing what needs to be done. Liz is an organ donor and recipients are being notified now. In life, Liz was always helping anyone in need. She loved big dogs, and especially hummingbirds. Eric would tell us that he had to bring 20 hummingbird feeders camping so she could feed the local hummers while they camped. She loved anything purple. She loved to garden and their yard is a reflection of that. She loved life, loved to laugh (had the greatest giggle), and most of all loved Eric and her daughters. When we see hummingbirds, the color purple, beautiful flowers, or help another we will think of her with love. 

Some have asked about cards, or donations in her memory. Eric said that donations to any organization that helps others is appropriate. He also mentioned the Make a Smile organization that helps children. As for cards, message me here and I will get his address to you. He can also be messaged through this forum.

Your thoughts and prayers are very much appreciated by Eric. He is truly touched by the kindness and caring of his Tab family during this difficult time.
2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red

Comments

• Options
    Jellybones11Jellybones11 Member Posts: 27
    Myself and my pup are sending our heartfelt condolances for his loss. To lose a loved one at any time is difficult, but at the times around the holidays makes it that much more difficult. I pray, the memories that lie has in his heart be with him forever and make him smile every now and then...

• Options
    cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330
    She sounds like a wonderful person.  Heartfelt sympathy for Eric on his loss.
    Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)
  • Options
    SeadusterSeaduster Member Posts: 147
    Oh, Eric... I am so sorry to hear of Liz''s passing.  I so enjoyed visiting with her at Lincoln Rock last May.  Sending healing prayers and comforting hugs to you and your family.  You know those of us in the T@Bing world are here for you.

Noreen (Aussie, formerly Oreo)
    2017 white/black trim T@B Outback; 2017 white Subaru Outback; Seattle
  • Options
    Smullis7Smullis7 Member Posts: 221
    So sorry to hear and sending sincerest sympathies and prayers to Eric and his family...
    Sheila and the Mullis Pups (Winston, Morgan, Leroy & Dakota)
    M@bel M@y, my 2017 T@B Outback Max S (silver w/black trim), towed by Maude Myrtle, my 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock.

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,484
    So sudden and very sad.  Our condolences during this painful time.  Eric, you are in our thoughts and prayers.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,925
    Prayers and condolences. Liz sounds so kind and like a person to be emulated, so in keeping with your request, a special kindness will be paid forward and in her name. May grace light your way through this time, Eric.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378
    I am saddened to hear this news, and my prayers go out to you, Eric. I can only imagine your pain and sense of loss.
    Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150
  • Options
    HonutabHonutab Member Posts: 24
    edited December 2017
    Our condolences to Eric, family and friends.  We met you both at the Lincoln Rock in May and enjoyed the loving partnership we witnessed that extended to your love of camping, cooking and generosity.  We are deeply sorry. Janey and Andy in Gig Harbor, WA
  • Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 584
    My heartfelt condolences and prayers for Eric and family. Thank you @Homebodyatheart for telling us about her and what she loved. God bless.
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    My heart breaks. It also does for all family and friends who feel this loss, but especially for my friend-who-I've-never-met, Eric. I'm here for you and for anyone else who wants to pm me about this loss or anything else. My love to all.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    LibrarydragonLibrarydragon Member Posts: 103
    Condolence and prayers to Eric, his family and friends.
    Sara&Carl
    2015 max s outback, TV 2011 RAV4, V6, 4x4, & 2017 Tacoma Off-road 4x4
    Soquel, CA
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    I'm sorry for your loss; my condolences to Eric, and his family.
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    Restless_NativeRestless_Native Member Posts: 116
    I am so sorry. There are no words. My thoughts are with Eric and his loved ones. Amanda
    Amanda, Ft. Myers, FL Ag@tha 2017 T@B CS-S  , TV: 2013 Chevy Equinoz LTZ

• Options
    Dalene54Dalene54 Member Posts: 14
    So sorry for your troubles. My thoughts are with you and your family during this sad time. Dale
    2010 red T@da with grey trim...aka The Bean, old Bean or Mr. Bean (cuz he looks like a cinnamon jelly bean).
    TV is unnamed 2015 white Toyota 4Runner
    Cheney WA
  • Options
    monamona Member Posts: 241
    Eric, so sorry to hear of the passing of your beloved Liz. 
    2015 T@b S Max  white with silver trim. 2018 GC Trailhawk. 
  • Options
    robnkarolerobnkarole Member Posts: 5
    Eric, we are so sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and all of your family. May all the love that surrounds you now be a source of comfort at this time. robnkarole. Camano Island. 
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Eric, though I didn't personally know you and your wife, it still broke my heart to hear the sad news.  I can only say that I offer you my sincere wishes for you at this time.  Losing a loved one is never an easy thing and my prayers are with you.
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    libertyolibertyo Member Posts: 33
    Prayers for you and your family Eric. Much love in your treasured memories and heart, always. (((hugs)))
    "Bella"  2016 T@b maxs blue, towed by '18 Chevy Colorado ZR2 duramax diesel - yes NEW baby, accompanied by the Red dog
    Rural Liberty Hill, TX, near Austin
  • Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    May God be with you and your family always. 

Fred, Donna, Jaxson and Hoku
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    We are so sorry to hear about this today.....We are praying for you and your family
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    hymiehymie Member Posts: 150
    So very sorry to hear this. Our thoughts are with you.

James and Jacquie
    James & Jacquie     Almonte, Ontario
    2016 Jeep Cherokee & 2017 T@B Outback
  • Options
    driftlessdriftless Member Posts: 135
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. 
    Happy Trails,
    Phil & Anita - Driftless: 2018 T@B 400/2015 Ford Explorer 

• Options
    Z_GZ_G Member Posts: 38
    Speechless, I am catching up on posts after 2 months respite... Eric I am so sorry to hear for your loss, your relationship was well described in your love and humor through many posts.  I keep wondering who will remind you of where you left something or fuss at you when you bang you head on a window.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  
  • Options
    dmerzbacdmerzbac Member Posts: 289
    Eric, my condolences to you and your family and friends. It sounds like we have lost a truly special person.  Dave

2017 T@b 320 - 'Smokey'  2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - 'B@ndit'
    Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Z_G, Thanks for the thoughts. I have lots of friends that I camp with, that I am quite sure will remind me about windows, & bring the lost/misplaced items back with a dummy string attached for safe-keeping! :o;)
    @dmerzbac, Thanks for the kind thoughts as well. Special person doesn't even begin to describe what Liz was, not only to myself, but everyone's life she touched in her own very unique caring, loving way. She is sorely missed not only by myself, but many! She won't be forgotten, that's for sure. :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    @ericnliz - I have been out of the loop, but please accept my deepest condolences for your loss. I am so sorry. It is very hard to wrap your head around a sudden, unexpected loss to someone so close to you and what seems a premature age.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    HerFineMessHerFineMess Member Posts: 23
    Sending my thoughts and condolences as well.  Hugs.

--Meg 
    Mostly A Solo RV Chick 
    T@B Outback
    Jeep Grand Cherokee 
  • Options
    SandiegogalSandiegogal Member Posts: 127
    So sorry, Eric :(

Living in our Airstream, traveling in our 2017 T@B Basic S 
    Married to Dave-aka, ds@work
  • Options
    jschemeljschemel Member Posts: 79
    Eric we are saddened to hear of the sudden passing of Liz. Although we never met we knew you both thru your helpful and fun loving participation in this forum. Blessings and prayers to you and your family.  Jaynie and Larry
    Jaynie and Larry - Palo Alto, CA - 2015 T@B CS-S - Expedition EL - Nights spent in "T@b Spirit of Holly" 97
    (9/22/19/