Giving people a hard time because they want a microwave or tv antena

Please don't put down people because their style of living isn't the same as yours. Like the man who had to defend himself over and over because he wanted to keep up with the news on tv. Almost all trailers COME with a microwave and antenna. Be nice. 

Comments

• atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    Some do not like the microwave but for us, we do not use the gas stove and probably never will.  If the isn't able to be cooked in the microwave or on the induction cook top, it had better be a sandwich or salad.  Some really like the outside camp stove and it really seems to be what ever suits your style!  that's why they make all the different items and why we seem to modify our T@B's to our needs.
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Everyone's happier when the magic wand stays holstered!  :-) @ScottG, Yep, trust me, I've had good seats on that one! :o  I agree though....there's constructive criticism, and just down right blunt, mean stuff. :D  Just need to learn that no two folks are the same, and your ways don't HAVE to be theirs as well. Learn to smile & have fun, you'll find life a LOT more enjoyable! ;) 
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Yep! Being nice is important!
    And don't forget those cute emoticons, for those times when your words might be taken too seriously! The written word can sometimes miss irony and sarcasm, eh?  =)  B)  :o
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378
    I guess I’m glad I missed all that drama. Everyone should get to camp the way they want without criticism. You just go be you and do it like you like it. And “always be humble and kind”.
    Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    I have used the T@b for everything from a rolling spare bedroom, to an office, to my lakefront home. I love to boondock, but use hook-ups when I need to and am not remotely ashamed about using the A/C when it is hot and humid. 

I promise not to criticize your choices if you won't criticize my drone, lol.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

@jkjenn, Had to laugh at that one! It's not EVERYONE that gets a tree-top view Jenn! Have fun out there! :)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• brookingsbrookings Member Posts: 39
    I don't believe the person was being mean at all. I think it was good natured but i know how it feels. You still feel a somewhat belittled because you opened up a can of beer at the opera. No it wasn't meanness or blunt. This is a great place. It's the first place I have been a member since the boy scouts 65 years ago. Such friendly 
    helpful people. EVERYONE brothers and sisters. 

Hmmm. That's pretty funny!
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • knoxville1915knoxville1915 Member Posts: 60
    @robpt I have to wonder why Mr. Natural didn't keep quiet like the animals!
    Anyhow, there's a saying on the Appalachian Trail: "Hike your own hike." The rule of camping should be to enjoy it as much as you can without detriment to your neighbor or the earth. Or, to quote a famous guy, "Love your neighbor as you love yourself."
    People really make it too complicated!

2018 T@B 400 (Rol@nd) towed by 2012 Toyota Tundra CrewMax (C@lgon)
  • TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    edited February 2018
    Okay, but what if you wanna give someone a hard time for trying to use their microwave as a TV antenna? =)
    2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
    Ha! You would politely explain to them that the microwave is only for microwave reception, and that TVs generally work in the lower UHF frequencies.
    And that the microwave looks silly on the roof of the Tab!
    Okay, but what if you wanna give someone a hard time for trying to use their microwave as a TV antenna?

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    @robpt I guess he's never checked out wild turkeys who roost in trees. We've got quite a few flocks in town, and I've seen them fly way up high into the ponderosa's.
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • robptrobpt Member Posts: 90
    @Homebodyatheart, I could have brought up the point that most all animals seek some form of shelter whether it be a burrow underground, a nest in a tree, or some natural feature in the landscape that allows them to huddle in secured. Even hibernating bears seek an underground shelter when their at their most vulnerable during the winter. Animals sleep on, below, or above ground, but they just don't sleep on the ground - unless they happen to be particularly big and mean, like a grizzly in its day-bed. I mean it is wonderful if you use a tent and you would have to if you are hiking, but It's still a shelter. If hiking is your objective, then by all means, get a lightweight tent. It's your choice.

I look as my camper as a nice portable hotel room that I can park for a few days at places I want to explore. I wish I had the time to take off 6 months and do the Appalachian Trail, but that chance will probably pass me by.  I  use to look askance at trailer campers when I slept in a tent, but back then, money wasn't going to allow me to do better than that anyway. I used a $25 tent that I bought at a discount because it had a small hole in it (which I patched). I slept in that tent for maybe 10 years when camping. I did my share of "sleeping on the ground like the animals", but I don't miss it. 

To each his or her own. I have no desire to drive or pull a 40 ft. rig. I don't have the money, space, or the nerves to feel comfortable with something like that. My mailman has a huge motorhome that he is very proud of and he likes to stop and talk to me about my camper and talk about his motorhome. I still view camping as an outdoor activity, but it is nice to feel comfortable and secure at night after spending the day outdoors. 

@TabberJohn, I don't get it, somebody actually uses a microwave as a TV antenna? I'll have to see if that works sometime, but not soon. 

North Florida T@B 400 towed by a 2014 Nissan Frontier
  • GailandJohnGailandJohn Member Posts: 123
    brookings said:
    Please don't put down people because their style of living isn't the same as yours. Like the man who had to defend himself over and over because he wanted to keep up with the news on tv. Almost all trailers COME with a microwave and antenna. Be nice. 
    I agree! Camping is for pleasure and enjoyment and, therefore, should be individualized, even if it means selling a T@B and getting one of those 40 ft fifth wheels or Class A. It's not my cup of tea, but it's just fine if that's what works for you.

Gail & John 

@robpt that’s the beauty of being individuals! We can do what works best for us, what pleases us. I love seeing what others do in their trailers, how they personalize them, and have seen some amazingly creative mods in trailers of all sizes. Celebrating our differences is a good thing!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
    edited June 2018
     I would love to see what you've ordered! Half the fun of these trailers is to see what others have done, which sometimes leads to other great ideas. 
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    edited June 2018
    Always love to see the pics, and have never, ever criticized,  berated, or complained about anyone's choice of purchase, decor or accessories.  I promise to adhere to all of those behaviors and only share your joy and excitement. I only wish people the best and hope to continue to do the same. Promise! -Denise
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    edited June 2018

I don't think anyone has berated people's personal choice of colors or decorating and honestly, you are less likely to take a beating here than on FB. :)

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    edited June 2018

There are lots of people who would love to see your custom order, and how your version of camping looks.  Please, do share!

We'll be nice.  :) 

Heck, my wife and I took full size patio lounge chairs on our last glamping trip. 
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited June 2018
    jkjenn said
    I don't think anyone has berated people's personal choice of colors or decorating and honestly, you are less likely to take a beating here than on FB. :)
    @jkjenn you are so right about FB!  

In my volunteer “job” as an Admin of this and the T@G forum, one of my duties is to keep the peace and protect each of us from harassment, bullying, etc. I do take that seriously. I make a point of reading 99% of all posts carefully to understand (sorry, guys and gals, sometimes I just can’t get into the super technical electrical theory), correct the use of language (no profanity allowed and I’ll give you two edits before I ask you in a PM to please refrain from offensive language), and I do check for correct knowledge given to others as far as my knowledge goes (and I have no problem asking the more knowledgeable for help). 

I definitely have my own style of decorating that is definitely NOT Better Home and Gardens, and while we may joke with each other about decorating, etc., none of this joking is anything but joking. And anyone who doesn’t like my red/white theme and my scrollsawing is entitled to their opinion and they don’t have look at it. They’re not pounding me as they probably have their own college or pro team they follow.  It’s all in fun. (Go IU!) 

I do not know what posts have occurred for you or for others to say that others are “pounding” you.

I do believe that all of us have the right to say “that isn’t my style” or “I wouldn’t have that”, and these statements aren’t meant to disagree with your choice or to pound you, but to state their own preference. I do not believe anyone has told anyone else not to get a specific item, but rather they have mentioned they wouldn’t have it because of “whatever reason”. 

The purpose of this forum: We share knowledge, we share experience, we share options, I sometimes ask that you search for certain words to get you to your choice of answers (I don’t always have time to search for you and others), and then it’s always nice to see a former “newbie” grow enough in knowledge to be able to share knowledge with another. 

I have an on-going list that I have accumulated over the last couple of years of options for my Wish List should I ever decide to upgrade. I got all of the ideas from this forum (not FB), except for one that is my favorite. I’m not sure the one is possible, but I’ll present it one day. Wouldn’t it be funny if both of us have the same secret Wish idea?

Edited by Verna
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
    edited June 2018
    @Verna, (The Magic Wand lady) & the other admin. folks here work very hard to keep the peace & negative comments are dealt with swiftly & justly. Please don't keep from sharing your ideas here, there are WAY more here that appreciate the sharing than those "Negative Nellie's" that can't seem to get that we are all individuals with our own ideas and concepts.
    I agree totally with the above post from Verna. There are quite a few of us that have been here from quite some time for the reasons she has described. To say I've gained lots of friendships here would be a huge understatement. Please stick around & I think you'll be glad you did. :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• shirlstewshirlstew Member Posts: 10
    Newbie here, I certainly agree with the tongue being the strongest muscle in the body, especially when it is translated to the written word.  Having been with BSA for 14 years and done a lot of tent camping and then a pop up trailer and now a 2008 TAB I feel we have graduated with honors.  No microwave and a 7" TV/DVD/radio and A/C and heater, full kitchen but tiny fridge.  However, there is an antenna outside.  Yay.  Looking forward to new friends, fun and banter. =)
    T@Batha
    2008 T@B Dutchman
    Westminster, CA
  • TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Whatever topic you pick, cars bicycles, stereos , you will always find people who think they know the best thing and criticize others on their choices.  Elitist snobbery.. No need for that.  I had a 10 speed Schwinn back in the day and had many a Fuji owner sneer at me.  But I was happy.  It worked great and it got me where I was going dependably.

It’s so comfy and safe here spending time with great people.

Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• GigHarborTomGigHarborTom Member Posts: 76
    Nicest,fun, most helpful, folks here-in
    Gig Harbor Tom
    2020 TAB 320 S Boondock Lite
    2019 Toyota 4 Runner
    Puget Sound Country