Options

Any T@B Outback cargo net photos available?

2»

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Love that hook. Holds my heavy coats, easily.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    jkjenn said:
    Love that hook. Holds my heavy coats, easily.
    Gotta get that hook! It's on my endless "to do" list.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Thank you!  Your set-up looks great and I can see some advantages during travel for some larger items back there. I might use some hooks or provide a means of letting the net down if I need to...  Well done!  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    AldebaranJillAldebaranJill Member Posts: 452
    @cbarnhill - Where did you get the mounting hardware for the cargo nets?
    2013 MAXX T@B towed by a 2015 Volvo S60 5 CYL AWD Sedan
    Seattle, WA
  • Options
    cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330
    aldebaranjill: the hardware for the large net in the back came with the net. I believe we used regular screws with the small net over the side valance. 
    Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    edited November 2016
    Be careful drilling above the light switches - there is electrical wiring in there. I chose to mount a double hook on the wood valance under the switches to use for leashes. I have a triple hook beside the shower that we use for coats.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    Got my cargo nets installed (Organized Dobie).

Note that my T@B has a rear storage "cabinet" that has a lid that opens, so needed to make sure there was clearance when stowing my sleeping bag in the cargo net, so that lid would open. Thanks to this thread for help! :-)

Look how well my sleeping bag matches my pillows, which matches the green accent colors in the upholstery. =)
    J

Seattle, WA
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    For coat hooks, my Commad hooks have worked well and never come off in two years - And, no drilling :-)
  • Options
    Yes, sticky tape works well for shear forces, but not tension. I tried it for the cargo net but they all popped off within an hour. Depends on application and types of loads. 
    Seattle, WA
  • Options
    kaneohebaykaneohebay Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2017
    Just finished installing my Outback cargo nets. Purchased over the phone from NuCamp parts department. Small net $10.99 and Large net $19.99+ shipping.
    They provided all clips and screws.
    Dennis
    2018 T@B 320 S "The Blue Magoo", 2017 Nissan Titan
  • Options
    drpprmtdrpprmt Member Posts: 117
    1.  Where did you get the cargo net material and how much does it cost.  2.  Any concerns drilling the coat hook into the wood above the light switches.  I wanted to do the same thing but was concerned about where they ran the electric for the switches.  Sure wouldn't want to put a screw thru the wires!
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @drpprmt, Go back to the beginning of this post. Lots of good info with a couple ideas other than calling Elsie in parts for the side nets. The side nets are standard for the Outback model T@Bs. The back netting folks ordered from another outlet described in this posting. For the hook, use screws that won't penetrate all the way through the wood & you'll be fine. Just measure the depth of the wood, and use the appropriate length screw. :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    LittleBoyBlueLittleBoyBlue Member Posts: 22
    Just installed the cargo nets above the windows in my T@B 320 S and am very pleased with how they turned out.  I think it's one of the inexpensive upgrades anyone can do. Cost from NuCamp for the nets was $30 and came with plenty of screws and clamps.  It required a "square" head screwdriver, but I had one.  
    Mike & Sara Ross - Panama City, Florida - mrosspc@gmail.com - 2015 Toyota Sienna - Little Boy Blue - 2018 T@B S

• Options
    I bought 4 nets from organizedobie in 2017 and now 5 years later, they are all useless, having lost all their elasticity. I don't store anything in them long term, just when camping, which is small fraction of the time. I called organizedobie and they said this is to be expected.

Has anyone had better experience with ones from NuCamp? I don't want to replace them so often.
    Seattle, WA
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    Same thing happened with ours from OO, except the thicker cord around the perimeter is fine.  It's just the netting itself that hangs down with no elasticity left.  Disappointing.  Same question, Do the NuCamp ones have this issue after 4-5 yrs?
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods