Condolences to Michigan_Mike

VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
Mike’s 97 year old Mother passed away quietly in her sleep last night, the night before Mike’s birthday. While I never met the wonderful lady, from what I have heard, she was a wonderful lady who prayed daily for her sons, their spouses and children. 

Here is what Mike wrote on FB:

”I received this beautiful photo of my mother this afternoon, via a 4 year Facebook memory.  I saved the photo as I was to pick her up Saturday afternoon to celebrate my birthday.  I received a call this evening from my family that mom had  passed away quietly and went to heaven peacefully after spending her  last day shopping, getting her hair done, she went to lunch with my sister in law and was very happy.  She was a beautiful little lady, never had a bad word for anyone, she prayed daily for all family members/friends/neighbors, was ready to go to heaven when called, was a great mother, grand mother, a very talented quilter and was loved by everyone.  Although we are very stunned, saddened and heartbroken at this time, we are fortunate to have had her as a mom, and I know I speak for all my family members (and her friends & neighbors) as she was beautiful from the inside out, she was blessed with 97 years of life and she was as sharp as a tack.  And even though she has departed earth, her legacy and the beautiful memories she have created in her lifetime, along with her spirit and her life long faith in God will live on!  We love and miss you mom, you set the mark high in life via your daily example of genuine love, kindness and thoughtfulness to all and in your religious convictions and never ending faith in God.  As you enter into his kingdom we thank God for the blessing of your long life and for the many blessings you shared with all of us, may you Rest In Eternal Peace.  ❤️🙏🏻”

Rest In Peace, Mike’s Mom.

Verna
Verna, Columbus, IN
2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Our condolences, Mike.  It is difficult any time, but especially when so unexpected.  97 years is exceptional.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    :rose: What wonderful details he wrote about his Mom. I feel like I knew her. Her final day sounded amazing and while I am very heartbroken for Mike and his family for the loss of a strong, beloved lady; she passed onward in her sleep - something that I believe is a rare gift given to special people. Hugs Mike. Take care of yourself while caring for your other family members! :rose:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Michigan_Mike, My sincere condolences for your loss. Prayers coming your way.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    @Michigan_Mike I am so sorry for your loss. Prayi g for comfort and peace for you and your family as you remember your mom.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @Michigan_Mike You’ve made your Mom knowable with your words. Thank you. I believe you and your extended family and friends blessed her with your love and honor. A certain peace comes with knowing she loved you and her knowing you all loved her. Peace be Mike, to you and all of yours.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Very sorry to hear this Mike....
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    @Michigan_Mike I'm so very sorry to hear of your beloved mother's death, but what a peaceful passing! You shared with us who she is, and she sounds like she touched all who knew her, loved, and was loved. Thank you for sharing her with us, and many prayers from here to you and all who loved her. :heartbreak:
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330
    Mike: I am sorry for your loss. Clearly she was an incredible person with a great legacy. 
    Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)
  • atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    Mike,  so sorry to hear of the loss of your mother!  While we know you will miss her and her comfort, we know that she now has her heavenly home and there is great comfort in that!
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    Our sincere condolences to Mike and family.  I lost my mother in 1991 (she was only 69)...it appears Mike’s mom had a good life and didn’t suffer in the end...we should all be so lucky.  RIP...

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    Love, support and prayers to you and yours.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    Sorry about your mom, Michigan_Mike. May all your fond memories bring you comfort.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 583
    My condolences to Mike and your family. Thank you for sharing how your Mom lived her life. She is a beautiful lady inside and out. May peace be with all of you.
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Bless you Mike. 
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • monamona Member Posts: 240
    Sending sympathy and prayers. 

Jeannie
    2015 T@b S Max  white with silver trim. 2018 GC Trailhawk. 
  • LibrarydragonLibrarydragon Member Posts: 103
    Sending prayers for your family.
    Sara&Carl
    2015 max s outback, TV 2011 RAV4, V6, 4x4, & 2017 Tacoma Off-road 4x4
    Soquel, CA
  • RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    @Michigan_Mike, your posts hit me hard in the Feelies. During the hard times and if one feels frozen as @ericnliz mentioned, I was told to "just do the next *right* thing in front of you". Sometimes, that may be just taking a nap, cleaning your coffee/tea/hot choc mug or even making coffee, tea or hot choc. I can't seem to find the most comforting words to give to you. Just know I really wish I could. My heart is with you and your family.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • BillBill Member Posts: 38
    So sorry for your loss, Mike.
    Bill & Helen; 2017 T@B S Maxx, (Serenity Now!!); TV 2019 Honda Ridgeline,
    Woodstock, Ontario 
  • Restless_NativeRestless_Native Member Posts: 116
    My thoughts are with you and your family Mike. 
    Amanda, Ft. Myers, FL Ag@tha 2017 T@B CS-S  , TV: 2013 Chevy Equinoz LTZ

• SharonKSharonK Member Posts: 22
    Mike - I’m so sorry for your loss.  What a blessing to have had such a wonderful Mother in your life.  I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
  • driftlessdriftless Member Posts: 135
    Very sorry for your loss Mike, what a special lady your Mother was.  What wonderful memories you have to cherish.
    Happy Trails,
    Phil & Anita - Driftless: 2018 T@B 400/2015 Ford Explorer 

• FreshaireFreshaire Member Posts: 97
    @Michigan_Mike, I have never met you or your Mom, but your loving words touched my heart.  My beloved Father (who I lost 11 years ago), used to say "None of us get out of here alive."  Your Mother leaves a legacy that inspires.  I am sorry for your loss, but also celebrate the many blessings your Mom had and shared with this world.
    2015 T@b 320S Maxx Outback, aka "Alie Cat"
    TV:  2012 Honda Ridgeline

Alice
    Crozet, VA
  • 2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    @Michigan_Mike ~ Sounds like she is dancing in a better place.  Sad that she has left us, but glad she has "gone home".  Prayers for you and your family.  It sounds as though she will live on in the hearts of many.
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• pittchristinepittchristine Member Posts: 30
    Just saw this post. So sorry for your loss. Your Mom sounds like she was so special. What a wonderful tribute!
    Chris and Rick, 2017 T@B Max S with 2010 Ford Escape TV