T@B 320 Factory Photos Showing Locations of Items Before Hidden in Walls

CincyKidCincyKid Member Posts: 83
edited July 2018 in Modifications & Upgrades
During my recent factory visit to nuCamp in Sugarcreek, Ohio to take care of two minor warranty repairs I was fortunate enough to get a factory tour, which they appear happy to provide.  Normally the tour is conducted from a second floor walkway that overlooks the factory floor, which means you can't get close to the trailer builds to take photos.  Fortunately the factory was on cleanup prior to the 4th of July week shutdown and no builds were in progress.  As such John, my tour guide, was nice enough to allow me to take photos of in-process T@B 320 trailers from the factory floor, which I share with you below to allow you to see where electrical wires and fluid tubes are located.  Sorry T@G and T@B400 owners, I am a relatively new owner of a T@B 320S Boondock so I only requested to photograph these in-process trailers.  I know these photos are not complete showing all systems, but they may help in your efforts.  I make no guarantees as to the accuracy of these images for your trailer, use at your own risk.

Photo 1 - View of T@B 320 Assembly Line

Photo 2 - Shows the Difference in Roof Construction for the Clamshell for the outdoors kitchen (left) and internal kitchen (right)

Photo 3- Trailer Body Prior to Adding Walls, Some Cutouts for Piping Added (this layer has a wood strip along the front and back edges)

Photo 4 - Wall Details (Believe Inner Wall is on Left)

Photo 5 - Front Isometric View Showing 320 Forward Cabinet Walls and Bathroom (Blank Tank below)

Photo 6 - Front View Showing Cabinet Construction

Photo 7 - Front View Showing Refrigerator Drip Pan Installed

Photo 8 - View (Blurry) Black Tank Details and Sewer Valves

Photo 9 - View from Rear Showing Floor Box Structures

Photo 10 - Alde Floor Cabinet and White Hoses for External Shower (black corrugated hoses upfront appear to be temporary wood surface protection); Red & Blue shower water tubing visible

Photo 11 - Air Conditioner Cabinet Structure (Outside Wall Looking In)

Photo 12 - Alde Fluid Tank (located to be highest spot in Alde fluid system) - Access to Tank on a finished trailer is from Wood Panel that slides forward on the rail closest to viewer after removing 2 screws; clear Adle tank vent tube visible; clear speaker wiring visible

Photo 13 - View of Radiator Fins for Refrigerator (Viewed from Outside Wall Access Looking In, Drip Pan is Below)

Photo 14 - View of Space Under Propane Stove

Photo 15 - View of Sink Cabinet (left upper), Bathroom Cabinet (right) showing wiring and hose arrangements (silver box below sink is un-installed Jensen System)

Photo 16 - View of Alde with Electrical Wiring (aft) and Wiring Runs in Wheel Well Cabinet (forward)

Photo 17 - Another View of External Shower Connections and Some Alde Tubing

Photo 18 - View of Alde System Heat Fins Behind Lower Rear Cabinet

Photo 19 - View of Second Alde Heat Fins in Under Seat Cabinet Near Trailer Door

Photo 20 - View of Toilet Drain and Shower Drain Pan

Photo 21 - View that Shows the T@G and T@B Diamondplate Boxes are Different in some way (perhaps pre-drilled holes)

CincyKid
Cincinnati, OH

Comments

• BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    These are great!  Thanks for sharing, @CincyKid!
    I don't suppose you have any shots of the steel framing under the floor?
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • DINDAnLANDINDAnLAN Member Posts: 75
    Fantastic job of documentation. Thanks for your efforts.
    Linda & Dan
    Cleveland, Ohio
    2018 Ford F150 XLT pulling a 2020 T@B 400
    LIFE IS GOOD!
  • CincyKidCincyKid Member Posts: 83
    @BrianZ I had to carry on a conversation with John the tour guide while taking images, so I wasn't as complete as I might have been if on my own.  If you don't see it here I didn't take the image.

CincyKid
    Cincinnati, OH
    You did a great job, @CincyKid, and it's very interesting to be able to peek inside behind walls & see inside the normally closed spaces.  Views like these could spawn some new ideas for mods.
    In that shot of the bare trailer with nothing but a flat platform on wheels, is that the floor or subflooring?  It looks like it's mostly foam inside, but how could that be rigid enough?  It would sure provide a great vapor barrier though, as long as all holes were well caulked.  Must have been a very interesting tour.
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @BrianZ, here’s the discussion where I showed the photos of the frames of the T@B 320 and the T@B 400:

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/92831#Comment_92831
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
    edited July 2018
    I didn't pay close enough attention, but I can see/count about 20 1-inch size spots on the surface where I imagine they bolt this first flooring (looks like two thin sheets of aluminum with a white foam filler) to the steel frame.  I believe the 3/8" or 1/2" plywood subflooring is then attached to this first layer (not sure about this), and a final thin 'vinyl' like material is the actual surface you walk on.  I have added photo numbers to each description to make it easier in the future to talk about specific photo numbers.  You can click on the individual images to enlarge them, and then click once again to get one more enlargement.  However, to keep within the photo guidelines these images are 500-650KB in size compared to the originals which are much more detailed and larger file sizes.

CincyKid
    Cincinnati, OH
  • Newbomb_TurkNewbomb_Turk Member Posts: 18
    I'm not impressed with that new red tongue box...

• jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @Newbomb_Turk and it’s cattywampus to add insult to injury!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,391
    I'm curious about the drip pan under the fridge. I assume these are still 3-way fridges. I don't believe mine (with the older model Norcold) has a drip pan, nor have I even noticed anything dripping.
    2015 T@B S
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    @Cincykid, I am pretty sure there is no wood in the flooring.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
    no wood in the flooring would be far better, nothing to soak up water!

CincyKid
    Cincinnati, OH
    Yes, that was the purpose as the Dutchman Tabs suffer rotted/soft floors as a result.
    Thank you, @Verna, for the link!  I had forgotten you posted those frame photos, because at the time I was concerned about ceiling & wall framing for Dale Helman's rear shelf mod.  Now that I've just completed his rear leveling Jack's mod, I'm more concerned about seeing any cross member that might be under the very rear between the two rear frame extensions.  I'm still wondering what kind of framing might be inside that floor across the rear.  Your photo appears to show something there, but what?  Maybe it's an aluminum frame similar to that in the ceiling.
    Anyway, thanks!  👍
    So what I just realized is that since the outside walls (and probably the floors) are pre-made outside of nuCamp's factory there are no wires or tubes running through them except those that run straight through penetrations from the outside to the inside (no runs along the lengths of the walls).  There are utilities running through the interior walls that comprise cabinets and the shower inside walls.

CincyKid
    Cincinnati, OH
    Good point.  
  • gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 504
    CincyKid Great job! Is there any way we could download your photos as when I copy them it is not as clear. Thanks ever so much Art
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @gulfarea don’t know what device you’re using, but I can take a screenshot of a photo with my iPad, save it to my photo library and it’s a very good copy. Of course, down loading would be faster!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

jgram2 thanks for the reply, I tried that & got a photo but not as good as if I could download his actual photos that he has in his camera. Thanks Art
  • ArwenArwen Member Posts: 68
    gulfarea said:
    jgram2 thanks for the reply, I tried that & got a photo but not as good as if I could download his actual photos that he has in his camera. Thanks Art
    I can download these images just fine.  All I do is left click on the image to open it full screen; then right click on the displayed image, and select "Save Image As ..."
    Arwen: Northern NH; 2018 T@B 320S Boondock, silver/blue; TV: blue 2018 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    @gulfarea I will upload higher resolution images to my SMUGMUG site and provide a link for downloading better images.  I purposely downsized the images at this site due to the photo size restriction policy.  Stay tuned, will have within the next 24 hours.

CincyKid
    Cincinnati, OH
    edited July 2018
    OK, that didn't take long using Adobe Lightroom.  The following link will take you to my personal SMUGMUG photo site to a photo gallery called nuCamp Factory Tour Photos.  These are jpg images that are roughly 8X higher in resolution (4.5-6MB each) compared to those at the top of this page (500-600KB each). 

If you click on the Upper Right Download Icon (downward pointing arrow over a straight line located at the upper right side of the page) you will get all 29 images in a single ZIP file that you will download and then unzip into the folder of your choice on your computer.  To unzip the files you can download the program called 7-Zip to extract the single images out of the single ZIP file.  7-Zip is available as a free and public domain program available at this link https://www.7-zip.org/download.html

The alternative is to download individual images one at a time by clicking on the Lower Right Download Icon at lower right side of the page.  You can download all images one at a time and then move them to the folder of your choice.

Remember: I am not personally guaranteeing that any arrangement you see in my images represents your trailer, rather just the trailers I saw in the factory that day.

CincyKid
    Cincinnati, OH
    CincyKid Thanks so much! There sure is a lot of stuff inside our T@BS!
  • NorthIsUpNorthIsUp Member Posts: 170
    Paul Chamberlain, Jr., aka "The Air Force Guy", from Beckley's Camping Center, in Northern Maryland and Southern PA did a series of videos last month at the nuCamp factory that I found educational, as your shots certainly were.

Thank you for taking the time to help us get a better understanding of the process.

Paul's videos include 2019 models of: 1-General, 2-400, 3-320, 4-320S Boondock Edge. There are also two on T@Gs, specifically a Max line video and a  Max Boondock Edge. I am not a customer of his, as I live on the other side of the country. Just sharing what I found.  Starting here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QKAQv4UbaU 
    Jean & Arnie  No. Nevada
    2019 T@B 400 BL
    2021 Toyota Sequoia 4WD

edited July 2018
    Thank you, @NorthIsUp!  The Air Force Guy's recent T@B320 factory tour video had a couple of seconds of what I was looking for.

• JhausbeckJhausbeck Member Posts: 2
    Looks great! Thanks for sharing.
    @NorthIsUp, in the Air Force Guy's video review of the 400, I saw this..

.. and wondered if the white semi-cylinder across the tongue might be reserving a spot for a sewer hose storage tube.  I wonder if that is that an option now?

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    BrianZ said:
    @NorthIsUp, in the Air Force Guy's video review of the 400, I saw this..
    .. and wondered if the white semi-cylinder across the tongue might be reserving a spot for a sewer hose storage tube.  I wonder if that is that an option now?

The 400 already has a built in sewer hose storage area that is accessed into the rear driver side. It is very slick.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Oh, ok, thanks @jkjenn!
  • NorthIsUpNorthIsUp Member Posts: 170
    edited July 2018
    That bar that we saw in the photo covered with blue tape appears to be a protector for the frame where there will be a black bar that holds the spare tire below it. 

Jean & Arnie  No. Nevada
    2019 T@B 400 BL
    2021 Toyota Sequoia 4WD

Thanks, @NorthIsUp, that's interesting.  Didn't know that's where the spare is, and the hex knob is a crank to lower the tire.  Reminds me of our Sienna van where the spare in under the car & there's a bolt in the floor to lower it.