Options

The 2018 rally begins...

Comments

• Options
    pingncpingnc Member Posts: 25
    Nay news on the rumored bigger offering from nuCamp?
    2018 T@B 400 (P@t's Condo), Silver and Black, TV 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 CrewCab, Phil & Pat in Waynesville, NC
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Tight lips were evident..

Started sunny this morning and the honey wagon came by to empty everyone.  More country air.  Then word came down of high winds coming, so everyone started packing up the loose stuff.  Jody and i went into town to see the worlds largest coocoo clock.  We ate at the Honey Bee.  Nice place, good food..  Then it was time to visit the town museum where we learned about the amish and swiss immigrants.  Now back at the campsite.  Gray skies.  Two hrs or so till supper.  
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Stay safe, Terry! These storms have been something else. I was glad to see Allison advise removal of loose items this morning.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Pizza time!

Great food for sure.

Then, a great recognition for Joe and his great company!

T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    Oh yes... and Dale won another award plaque...  Gonna have to start watching the tongue weight...
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    @TerryV6 what was the award for?

2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    Oh, and I bet he will make a mod to adjust his tongue weight. =)

Congratulations @Dalehelman!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    @TerryV6 what was the award for?

Have to ask Dale...really noisy...  perhaps all round good guy?
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @Homebodyatheart, he won the award for trailer mods. Can't remember if it was for best mods or most mods. Does it matter? We know what kind of wizard he is, don't we? 
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Amazing stories you told. Warms mah heart! <3! You did a great job!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    X2, @TerryV6 ,Thanks for sharing your experiences with those of us unable to attend. It was a pleasure, and a joy to follow along! :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Ahhh..  Micky Dees wifi...  Yes i had a really good time....  I learned how to speak correctly from a nice couple from South Carolina.   Thanks ya'll. 
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    Oh yes..  maybe I'll met you at the next rally Eric..
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    ColleenD2ColleenD2 Member Posts: 411
    This is amazing! Thank you! I so look forward to joining you all next year! 
    2019 Custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish
    We slept in 34 states, 2 countries & counting.

• Options
    ColleenD2ColleenD2 Member Posts: 411
    edited July 2018
    TerryV6 , can you give us a bit more show and tell about what is UNDER your bench? I think I see wire shelving. I am wondering what can be done to put things in there and keep it clean. And weird question, when they split the back seat, do they split the top and the bottom cushions or only the top/back? Thanks!

Never been here.  Hot and humid.  Wonderful people both at the rally and in town.  The countryside is beautiful!

2019 Custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish
    We slept in 34 states, 2 countries & counting.

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    pingnc said:
    Nay news on the rumored bigger offering from nuCamp?
    I heard someone say “25 feet”. Sounds like the Tabbert GmbH 510XL. 
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    ColleenD2,  We are going home. Stopped for coffee.  We are going to build in the bins in the back like the new ones have.  Behind the bench, i have shelving as a floor, and we put our bedding back there. It seems to be easier to manage with the split. It will be nice for one who wants to stay awake. While other drops it and goes to sleep.
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    A few more pictures from the rally...

My favorite TAB decor

Mandy Lea organized an impromtu viewing of their planned Alaska to Mexico trip using the tent as a projection screen.  Follow her adventures at Mandyleaphoto.com.

Talent shared by fellow Tabbers...

There were many Amish nuCamp employees on site all week.  They worked long hours - Elsie was there every time we turned around. We enjoyed conversing with these kind hearted, self-giving  people.  They insisted on waiting until the Tabbers filled their plates before joining the Bahler Street Pizza line.  

Last, such a contrast of nuCamp representatives:  Mennonite owner Joe Mullet, CEO family man Scott Hubble, and self proclaimed as “weird”, nomadic photographer-nuCamp ambassador - Mandy Lea.  Indicative of their acceptance of everyone!

Home now😢. What a pleasure this last week has been.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Great addon Sam!!!!  We are se of chicago in Indiana somewhere.  Our site is about 100 yards off the highway.  I'll be able to fall asleep to the gentle sounds of semis.... But, we are staying hooked up and paying 35 for all connections.  Going to leave very early.  
    Just had a thought, thats two in one day.  We should have had a large map of US in the pavillion where people could indicate their home location and anything else they want to share. Then anyone could photo the map.  Be neat to see where we all came from.. 
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    @TerryV6, that is a great idea!  I thought about listing the cities and states of each camper on the uCamp site assignment sheet.  Let’s remember this for next year.  Maybe they will send out an email requesting uCamp review comments.  Hopefully you have wifi at your campsite or I am adding to your pitential for throttling!🤭
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    Did someone win a prize for traveling the farthest to get there?
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    Yes.  Tabbers from Nova Scotia.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I think it was the BC people?  I was close...Sam got it right...
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Yes, i large 5x7 ft. Map... i like visual... or perhaps a signup sheet in pavillion sharing location email etc..  of course im a map person. It could be  just name location on the map...and details, email etc on a paper only if people want to share that...

Btw..i have camp free wifi.
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    I made it to the unofficial after party, today, and it was truly a pleasure to meet a number of forum friends. What a group of sweethearts.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    @jkjenn
    So sorry we were unable to meet. Hopefully we can at another time. Earlier you had showed interest in the scissor jack adapter. If you are still interested email me direct. I can mail them to you.
    dalehelman@yahoo.com
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    Thanks, @Dalehelman. I sent you an email. 

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Okay, if you dont know the answer, ask the question... So, Winklepleck... Origin,  meaning...  i assume its probably a family name.  A brief look at the all knowing google only gave me:  

Winklepleck Name Meaning

Americanized form of German or Dutch Winkelbleck, a topographic name meaning ‘corner dwelling’ or ‘dwelling by the corner field’ (see Bleck).

I had so many questions about the Amish.  We visited the downtown museum and i did some searching.  I know there are different sects.  Such nice people...

T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI