• Options
    jbajorjbajor Member Posts: 135
    It was our Maiden Voyage
    Ultimate Toys Teardrop Camper
    Volvo XC-40
    SF Bay Area, California
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @jbajor congrats on a beautiful way to begin!

And thanks for the location!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 419
    @jbajor your Tab looks like the ultimate chill camper.
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • Options
    LOL!!!  It is pretty darn chill!!  
    Volvo XC-40
    SF Bay Area, California
  • Options
    Apologies to my fellow t@bbers. 
    River Raisin Marina and Campground, Monroe, Michigan.
    We have been here for 5 months, and may be here for 2 more while we handle matters after the death of my brother last year. Only 20 miles from our house so we get to visit mom almost daily (we've lived less than a mile apart for nearly 50 years). These are the permanent digs, a 2006 30' Keystone Laredo. I so miss camping in the t@b, although I did post about all 7 of us in the t@b while the Laredo was repaired and improved. While a park like setting with hundreds of tall trees, most of our neighbors are semi-permanent residents (like us this year), here to work at either the petroleum depot or power plant just across the river and departing as the Michigan winter inches toward us. But, it's +80°F today and still summer like. 
    I miss the lighter type of travel the t@b provides. The ability to move on a whim or twist of the weather. Spontaneity. Much more freedom and going places others can't.
    This 10,000 pound beast requires pre-planning and very deliberate movement, but that is a story for another time.

In this last pic, look closely at our roofline. For those solar geeks among us, there is 1.4 kilowatts of solar cells on top. Although we get only about 2 hrs of sun here on good days, we have never been plugged into shore power since our arrival on May 1st. We'll have to see how this progresses as the sun drops lower on the horizon. An update to come.....
    -Denise
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    @dragonsdofly - looks very spacious!  You will enjoy wintering out west in that then the little TaB.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    @Sharon_is_SAM you bet! While I really do love our t@b, 7 souls on board was more than a bit much. Should we ever decide to move back into the house, the t@b is the way we will go. For now, we're waiting for routine seals and bearings to be checked, then we winterize and put it to rest for the upcoming winter in our backyard, where it will wait patiently for us to visit next summer, or the next......
  • Options
    techietabtechietab Member Posts: 159
    edited September 2022

Just got back from a quick 2-night trip out to Shenandoah National Park.
    Mainly an excuse to test some upgrades under 'real life' conditions: new battery setup (2x 100Ah generic LiFePO4 in parallel), external solar arrays (2x RockPals 100W/18v suitcase panel arrays + Victron SmartSolar MPPT 100/20), and generator (Rainier 2200i).

Northern VA
    2022 T@b 320 S / 2021 Subaru Outback
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited September 2022
    @techietab the campsite looks grand, and has a nice open feel to it.  How did the test go?  Did the solar keep the battery back charged back up from the night time useage?  Do have the 2-way, AC/DC fridge?
    Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,493
    @BrianZ Excellent shot of tiny grumpy spider friend!
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    PNWtabberPNWtabber Member Posts: 491
    @BrianZ what a great spot!  And I love jumping spiders  :)
    2018 T@B 320 S Boondock  |  2015.5 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD  |  Seattle, WA, USA
    "Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures.”― Lovelle Drachman

• Options
    RogerCRogerC Member Posts: 25
    Viajero said:
    Mabel lake provincial park in B.C.  
    Are you towing with your Tesla?  I've wondered how mine might tow.  
    2021 T@B 320S Boondock / 2022 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Sport / Idyllwild CA
  • Options
    NutmegPiggyNutmegPiggy Member Posts: 2

Former owner of '21 T@b400 Boondock.
  • Options
    CanadianTabberCanadianTabber Member Posts: 135
    Inverhuron Provincial Park Ontario
    2021 Tab 320s Boondock-2016 Toyota Venza V6
    Toronto, Canada
  • Options
    MadCityJackMadCityJack Member Posts: 106
    Buckhorn State Park, Wisconsin adjacent to Castle Rock Lake. Last night was the first time we have ever used shore power while out camping.  We arrived 20 minutes before a large storm broke loose and the temps have been low.  Not worrying about solar power and keeping the Norwood 3-Way lit on propane are welcome.  The facilities here are quite clean and inviting for a public campground. Of interest there are hardly any campers here. We are going to explore the park, as it is our first time here.  Bears have been sighted…
    2017 T@B 320 Q Max 
    2018 Toyota Highlander, XLE  
    Wisconsin
  • Options
    rcuomorcuomo Member Posts: 319

Hither Hills Montauk LI, 9/27/22. 
    ‘18 Tab 320S- mfg’d 4/17, acquired 9/17
    Spare & bike rack on tongue, Renogy 100w suitcase connection, cargo & door nets, sway bar, wired rear camera, Norcold aux fan, front window protection, frame mounted sewer & water hose storage, Krieger 1500w inverter w/100Ah LIFePO4.
    ‘17 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E- 5000# tow cap, 600# tongue cap
    ‘20 Honda Pilot Elite- 5000# tow cap, 500# tongue cap
    Huntington LI
  • Options

Santa Cruz/North--KOA.... STUNNING!
    https://koa.com/campgrounds/santa-cruz-north/

Volvo XC-40
    SF Bay Area, California
  • Options
    patandjeffpatandjeff Member Posts: 16
    • Seawall Acadia National Park
    T@B 400 , Tundra 
  • Options
    Flybone89Flybone89 Member Posts: 59
    Weekend stay at Cowan Lake State Park OH... including a stop at TinCap in Wilmington OH for flights of hard cider :-). Ah - camping in the fall! This leaves us with one more weekend planned at the end of October at Caesar Creek State Park and then a final weeklong trip to Disney World's Fort Wilderness campground the first week in December. Now when to winterize...

• Options
    techietabtechietab Member Posts: 159
    ...I'm shocked that it's actually called 'Cape Disappointment'. Seems like a misnomer to me!
    Northern VA
    2022 T@b 320 S / 2021 Subaru Outback
  • Options
    scott14scott14 Member Posts: 132
    edited October 2022
    Moochdocking at my sister-in-law's house in South Dakota!  Beautiful sunrise and sunset!

Scott / 2022 T@B 320S / 2019 T@B 400 / 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ / Northern Illinois
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    Nice photos @Flybone89.  Can you tell me about your strip lights setup & source?
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    Flybone89Flybone89 Member Posts: 59
    @BrianZ they are LED rope lights I got at Amazon - here is the link. I got the 33 feet which has some extra length but they fit perfectly in the keder rail. They were easy to thread through the rail from the side openings, but I could not get them to thread from the bottom openings (the rope would not make the sharper turns at the bottom corners). So for the lower area I pinched a few spots and tucked them in.

Kevin