JENSEN JWM20 Cube Wall Mount Stereo

jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 5,752
edited April 5 in Products and Accessories
With the new 2021 [email protected] 320's starting g to hit the market I thought will be just a matter of time before people start asking questions about the new Jensen Cube Media Entertainment System in the new units.

Features listed on the Jensen site:

Bluetooth® streaming audio (A2DP) and control (AVRCP)
    • Front USB with MP3/WMA playback
    • Front HDMI input for pass through to HDMI output
    • HDMI pass thru (plays HDMI audio input over speaker and low level outputs)
    • 30 station presets (18FM, 12AM)
    • 2 speaker zones
    • Rear AUX A/V input (RCA jacks)
    • Mono subwoofer line level audio output (rear RCA jack)
    • White LED backlit controls
    • Stereo line level audio output zone A (rear RCA jacks)
    • 24 Watts maximum
    • Clock with alarm and sleep timer
    • Remote control included
  • The 320 S comes with 2 rectangle speaks, which I believe are made by Furion.

Etrailer has many detailed photos.

2015 320 S | [email protected] Nights: 211 | 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk

Comments

• MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 709
    Good idea.

Now how about some examples of how to add a DVD Player.
    Unless the 2021 installed 12V TeleV units have built-in DVD players we're going to have an army of folks wanting to watch their currently owned library of DVD's and no NuCamp supplied solution.

Seems shortsighted to me, when Jensen has cube style units with DVD players.
    Another 2021 feature/improvement that makes me so glad I purchased a 2018 model year.

2018 [email protected] 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE
    TV: 2017 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  23       Nights:  155 
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 5,752
    Good idea.

Now how about some examples of how to add a DVD Player.
    Unless the 2021 installed 12V TeleV units have built-in DVD players we're going to have an army of folks wanting to watch their currently owned library of DVD's and no NuCamp supplied solution.

Seems shortsighted to me, when Jensen has cube style units with DVD players.
    Another 2021 feature/improvement that makes me so glad I purchased a 2018 model year.

It seems modern, to me. I think this was the right move.

The Cube allows you to easily stream content that you have downloaded to your phone, tablet, or PC via the HDMi input. 

Seems like if you really want your DVDs, you could use a porta le DVD player. Most media is consumed digitally, now.

I usuall download some things prior to a trip or grab a Starbucks wifi signal to download some content.

I spent 3 months in my [email protected] and only used the digital content.

• ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 183
    @jkjenn...I few of us are NOT tech  savvy😁.. we're still figuring how to bring some CDs...lol..it was one of the first things I noticed in the prototype we saw...
    ontheroad said:
    @jkjenn...I few of us are NOT tech  savvy😁.. we're still figuring how to bring some CDs...lol..it was one of the first things I noticed in the prototype we saw...
    It's a good thing you have an awesome community to help!

• MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 709
    I hear you @jkjenn  but, even those of us that maybe reasonability Tech Savvy may lack the means . . . high speed internet for example . . . to be pre-trip loading movies while a library of DVD sit on our living room shelves.

The Portable DVD Players (battery run) I've seen don't have HDMI outputs to feed the Jensen Box.  For that one needs a larger 120VAC player . . . yes, those are available for $50 or so but then one's [email protected] 360 will need an inverter to power if not on electric hookups.

The trade-off between keeping backward compatibility and starting with a clean sheet can be a difficult choice. However, this is a case where NuCamp could have kept backward compatibility for another $50 of production cost.

2018 [email protected] 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE
    TV: 2017 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  23       Nights:  155 
  • AddisonAddison Member Posts: 14
    How do you play a movie from your phone to it? Also can it work if you gave netflix on your phone?
    Addison said:
    How do you play a movie from your phone to it? Also can it work if you gave netflix on your phone?
    A couple of different ways. 

1. If you have an Android, you can cast to it by connecting a Miracast dongle, like the Microsoft wireless display to either the TB or the stereo. I have done this for 5 years, now.

2. Either Androud or iPhone can get an adapter that does video out to the HDMi port on the cube.

Yes, I download both Netflix and Amazon Prime videos for offline viewing.

@MuttonChops, I think that a very small minority desire the backward compatibility. I think most will adapt. 

If we look at the way peopme have picked up new technology during the pandemic, I am fairly optimistic about ow ers being able to adapt to a newer technology in the [email protected]

And we have the most supportive community you will find, anywhere!

• JeffroNCJeffroNC Member Posts: 97
    For media viewing, I built a raspberry pi server with dozens of videos, photos, and music on a hard drive. Plugs in to the HDMI and runs on battery voltage. I also have a firestick for YouTube and shows. I use a small three way switch for the HDMI input  
    2019 [email protected] 400 BDL 2017 F150 3.5L Ecoboost
    Jeff & Amy
    Asheville, NC