I've found so many answers on this forum so I decided to join.
Received delivery after a smooth online purchase process and have been accessorizing and testing it for about 2 weeks now waiting for camp sites here in Vermont to open up.
I'll start with some problems I'm having and unable to find answers online for while waiting on the dealer service to get back to me.
1. Water pump priming issue: I found 2 threads talking about people with this same problem but none had definitive "solved" answers in them. When not hooked up to city water, the pump pulls water out of the CW tank but seems like it's drawing in as much air as it is water and sputters continuously and never reaches full pressure to shut off.
I've tried hooking to city water and clearing all air from the lines, but when unhooking and switching back to pump, it goes back to sputtering within seconds. I've removed the draw line at the pump and blown into the tank and hear it bubbling, so the line reaches into the water fine. There is no debris at all in the filter and no kinks in any of the lines. Totally baffled and frustrated by this.
2. Front window screen doesn't fold itself back up to close all the way. Haven't played with it much, but seems like the springs are a little weak.
3. Installed the Takonsha P3 brake controller on my 2017 toyota tacoma TRD sport. Hooked up the [email protected]
and went out on the empty road to set the power levels. Hit max power (14) and still couldn't get the trailer to lock up. Saw a thread somewhere that the trailer brakes need to be adjusted. It's been too miserable out to crawl under it but hoping it's an easy adjustment, anyone done this?
That's it for problems, now here's a little of what I've found out that might help others doing searches...
1. For a 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport with 265/65/17 tires and no lift, the [email protected]
400 BDL sits near level on a hitch with no drop. The 3" drop hitch I had left the wheel on the jack very close to the ground, which would be bad with the dirt roads I end up on to get to some of the white mountain camping sites.
2. Mirror extenders are worth every penny: I have a pretty small driveway space for storage and the tacoma, being a pretty narrow mid-sized truck can't see around the [email protected]
3. Read the 3-star reviews on Amazon to understand how the product really is. 5-stars are nice but don't tell you much and are sometimes bought by companies and 1-star are downright depressing and likely 1-off manufacturing problems (unless there are a bazillion of them). The 3-star reviews are the people who don't like something about it, but are likely still using it. This is how I decided on the sewer line, fresh water hose, tea kettle, and all the other "additional costs" this trailer has brought.
Can't wait to get to a campsite!