Options

Joined the family today! 2021 T@B 320 CS-S Boondock

jebjamjebjam Member Posts: 43
Can't thank the members of this forum enough for the guidance and insight through archived years of discussion and advice.  We started reading this forum a year ago and made our decision to transition from our 12 year old Antigua hybrid (which we loved) to our teardrop that I believe we will absolutely adore!  Thanks all - looking forward to years of happy camping and checking in from time to time!
2021 T@B 320 CS-S Boondock / 2020 Ram 3.0 EcoDiesel
Golden, CO

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,498
    Congrats @jebjam!  Please share any info regarding the 2021 CS-S.  It is a major upgrade with many new features and we do not have much info yet.  Don’t be shy!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    @jebjam congrats and welcome to the family! That is a sharp looking trailer!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Thanks for the welcome Sharon_is_SAM!  I'll do my best as the weeks go by, our first outing is planned this weekend.
    We familiarized ourselves with the 2021 changes and they played a big role in deciding to go with the new model. I've read and registered the mixed and negative feelings on many of the changes, but for us we think they will be good.
    Cassette toilet - lots of folks think this is a bad idea, but in person it is a pretty slick (pun intended) system to load and unload, appears much less messy than the porta-potty on our boat and years ago popup.  I'm familiar with the convenience of discharging both black and gray tanks through a single hose at a dump station, but given we'll be boondocking and the ease of emptying this (compared to carrying a separate tote) on longer trips has me thinking we'll like it. Time will tell, I respect that its not for everyone, hopefully my inkling is correct.  The bathroom is pretty nice with the changes.
    Bed slats - replaced by pull-out supports seems like a big convenience to us.
    Replacing the rear kitchen TV (!?!?!) with a standard microwave.  Yes please.  We had no use for an outside TV.
    Colors - I know lots prefer the light cabinets and we like them too, and honestly preferred the dark cabinets from 2020 models over these dark cabinets, but they still look cool and classy.  More than the color, we recognize and are happy with the craftsmanship and quality in T@B campers in general, especially the woodwork.
    Solid bathroom door - our preference.
    Larger bathroom, different (hopefully improved) bathroom sink and larger fresh water tank.  All good.
    Nautilus water system - honestly I never minded looking at a valve and knowing it was open or closed when winterizing, sanitizing or filling tanks.  That mystery is gone, but at the same time its kind of like MAC (where things just happen) vs. PC (where you can direct a little more).  It'll be easy, but trailer water systems are usually pretty straightforward anyway, in my experience.  A nice system though.  Sanitizing, winterizing and filling look pretty easy.
    External propane attachment.  Yeah!Air8 - I know this is an earlier upgrade also with mixed reviews, but I like a ducted air system.

We chose to go with the 2021 model specifically because of these changes, but honestly the bigger decision was just choosing to buy a T@B.  Quality, corporate integrity and care and a loyal following speaks volumes to us.

Happy to answer any questions or share thoughts in the weeks to come!
    Golden, CO
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    Congratulations and welcome aboard.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    elberethelbereth Member Posts: 105
    @jebjam - enjoy!  Love the CS-S and yours looks gorgeous with the dark wood and the flat stovetop!
    2018 T@B CS-S Towed by 2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i in the wilds of Minnesota
  • Options
    AddisonAddison Member Posts: 56
    edited June 2020
    Hey, i own a 2021 tab 320 boond9ck, our bathroom door when open hits the roof of the tab, does your also?
    If it does please reach out to nucamp and let them know. The more that tell them about this the faster they will make a fix. We have a temp fix, but it looks bad
    Otherwise love my trailer
    2021 T@b 320 Boondock | 2021 T@b Nights: 40  | 2019 Honda Ridgeline | NuCamp owner since 2017
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @jebjam, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your trailer!  So much to do, so many places to go, so many new friends to meet. Enjoy the adventure. Happy t@bbing!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the warm welcomes, we're pretty excited!

Addison, glad you love your trailer - hate to hear about the door.  We looked at our t@b pretty carefully and didn't notice this - it is parked off site but we'll be camping this weekend again I'll make sure it opens all the way, and let you (and nucamp) know if it doesn't!
    Golden, CO
  • Options
    ytram1958ytram1958 Member Posts: 20
    Very nice setup. Welcome
    2017 Tab 320s Outback, Towed by a 2017 Jeep Jku, Live in Prescott, Arizona
  • Options
    AddisonAddison Member Posts: 56
    @jebjam how is your door?
    2021 T@b 320 Boondock | 2021 T@b Nights: 40  | 2019 Honda Ridgeline | NuCamp owner since 2017
  • Options
    Hi Addison, I sent you a private message after our week back with photos. The door indeed contacts the ceiling when wide open, though we don't open it that far routinely.  I'm thinking a buffer of some sort on the loop or the solution NuCamp offered you, just to keep it looking good and preventing the inevitable ding.  Did you get your fix arranged?
    Golden, CO
  • Options
    pakpak Member Posts: 114
    You are going to have fun times in you new rig. We have a 2017. The '21 has several nice changes. I think I could even get used to the cassett. Happy rollin'.

• Options
    hschmidthschmidt Member Posts: 5
    I just put a deposit on this same model today and I am SO EXCITED!  This forum seems to be an amazing wealth of knowledge and I am looking forward to learning and contributing.  Cheers!
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    @jebjam...congrats and tonight is the first night in ours too!
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    To all of our newest members, welcome. The joy and excitement is almost palpable. We look forward to your pictures, campfire stories and many adventures. Happy t@bbing!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    jeff57jeff57 Member Posts: 28
    Congrats!
    We have a deposit down on a 2021 320 CSS and look forward to joining the TaB community. I agree this forum is an excellent source of information and the members are very helpful! 
  • Options
    hschmidthschmidt Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2020
    I went through the orientation on my new 2021 T@B CS – S Boondock yesterday. My head is full and I know I will need the support of this forum as I go on my first adventure next week.  I would love to hear any input back from you from your first outing. I’m so appreciative of the wealth of knowledge that comes from this forum!  Cheers!
  • Options
    nbrandtnbrandt Member Posts: 63
    Congrats on the trailer. We have the same one minus the Boondocks version. We spent 27 days in it. Personally we really like the cassette. Yes the door will hit the ceiling yet we have no mark after that many days in it. After studying it a bit, the whole problem could be alleviated if the door were one or two inches shorter. I don't believe it would impact privacy or allow water to escape while showering and then the door would swing all the way to the cabinet. I have noticed that the step light is on all of the time while extended. It is an LED, however it is still a drain on resources while boondocking. You can put it away for the night, but that means that the next morning it becomes one giant leap for mankind and when you get to be 66 your sinews are not quite ready to stretch that far at that time of the morning. Enjoy the camper!

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,650
    Find the manuals.  Alde.  Fridge.  Look in every nook and cranny, take a note of every little thing.  What pump do you have?  What is that black box near the floor?  What are all these red lights and blue lights? (Converter/gas detector/smoke detector/TV/Radio.)  Find the manuals for all these things.  Open up your battery box.  What battery do you have?  (How many amp hours? )  Find the "Fuses For Newbies" file.  (look at all those User Files, too.)  Most of what you need to "know" is in the manuals.  The experienced Forum people here know all the "other" things that will be practical stuff.
    Armed with manuals and practicing in the driveway will get you started. 
    And......it is fun.
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    @nbrandt, NuCamp has a solution to the bathroom door hitting the roof, a simple strap that they will send to you gratis, email them and they'll send it along.
    We also found the permanently lit step light annoying - see this thread for that conversation:
    2021-320-boondock-step-light-annoying-to-anyone-else
    Cheers!
    Golden, CO