Alde control panel hot water

Every set of instructions I find for the Alde, show that I should press the "+" once to turn on the hot water and a second time for boost.

When I press the "+" it turns it to boost; there seems to be no middle category, just off or all the way up. 

Also, it doesn't stay on, it seems to time off. 

I am sure both have to do with settings, but not sure which settings. I made sure that day, night, and timer modes are off. Thoughts?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Comments

• berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 958
    Hmmm...Yes it seems to be going straight to boost.  With one press of the "+" the bar should be full only half way, normal hot water setting, and a second press should fill the bar.  That puts it into boost mode for 30 minutes before it kicks down to normal mode.  Is your trailer making hot water with the bar full?  Does this happen in gas or electric mode or both?  Maybe try to "reset" the system?  I believe in the settings menu there is a reset button.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    Yes, in the shower position you will get hot water in the sink too — lots of it!
    Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    edited June 2020
    • USING ONLY HOT WATER

When only hot water is required (for example during the summer), no settings need to be changed. The hydronic heat- ing system will handle this function automatically.

2. Normal operation. If hot water is required, press the ”+” button (the symbol will then be half-shaded). If the 10.12 (Floor heating*) func- tion has been set to Cont., this option cannot be selected. When only hot water is required, e.g., during the summer or when no heating is needed, no settings need to be made; the hydronic heating system handles this function automatically.

But you don’t have a heated floor!

I found this on another thread about the 3020:

If the Alde pump is set to Continuous (Cont.) circulation vs Thermostat (Therm.) driven, you can not choose the partial shaded option.  In the Continuous pump mode, you can choose the Boost which stops the glycol circulation for 30 minutes and allows the water to get extra hot for that long shower!  So, if you just keep the pump setting in the Therm mode, you can adjust your water temperature to partial shade AND use the Boost.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @jkjenn, regarding the boost setting timing out, that is normal.

When you set the "boost" (shaded area at full), the “central heating” of the trailer cabin is turned off and the glycol pump will temporarily stop circulating for approximately 30 minutes.  That concentrates the heating on the water tank so that the water can be super-heated.  Once the hot water reaches the higher temperature, the system will revert back to the normal cabin heating/circulation mode.  You only need to use "boost" when you want extra hot water to take a hot shower.  “Boost” can be used on either electric or propane, but the Alde is more efficient when operated on propane.

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    • USING ONLY HOT WATER

2. Normal operation. If hot water is required, press the ”+” button (the symbol will then be half-shaded). If the 10.12 (Floor heating*) func- tion has been set to Cont., this option cannot be selected. When only hot water is required, e.g., during the summer or when no heating is needed, no settings need to be made; the hydronic heating system handles this function automatically.

But you don’t have a heated floor!

I found this on another thread about the 3020:

If the Alde pump is set to Continuous (Cont.) circulation vs Thermostat (Therm.) driven, you can not choose the partial shaded option.  In the Continuous pump mode, you can choose the Boost which stops the glycol circulation for 30 minutes and allows the water to get extra hot for that long shower!  So, if you just keep the pump setting in the Therm mode, you can adjust your water temperature to partial shade AND use the Boost.  
    Circle gets the square!!

Thanks @Sharon_@Sharon_is_SAM that was it. It came set to continious. 

Bayliss said:
    @jkjenn, regarding the boost setting timing out, that is normal.

When you set the "boost" (shaded area at full), the “central heating” of the trailer cabin is turned off and the glycol pump will temporarily stop circulating for approximately 30 minutes.  That concentrates the heating on the water tank so that the water can be super-heated.  Once the hot water reaches the higher temperature, the system will revert back to the normal cabin heating/circulation mode.  You only need to use "boost" when you want extra hot water to take a hot shower.  “Boost” can be used on either electric or propane, but the Alde is more efficient when operated on propane.

Yeah, the problem was I couldn't get to partial shading but Sharon nailed it. Thanks, friends!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    I had to look up “Circle gets the square!”  I should have remembered Hollywood Squares - watched it when I stayed home from school☺️

I will be interested in how the 3020 HE is different for you.  Maybe for the 320s, not too big of a deal.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio