Options

Alde hot water system not working

13»

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,509
    edited May 2021

B in the first picture is the glycol pump.

Here’s another pic.

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    SydSyd Member Posts: 47
    @Sharon_is_SAM - Excellent. Thank you
    Hopper - 2019 T@B 400
    Donald S. Cherry - 2016 Kia Sorento V6 (3.3L)
    Where we call home - Our House, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth, SOL, Milky Way, Universe
    GO FLAMES GO!
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,678
    @Syd Here is a thread with pictures.  The "sweet spot" seems to be around 1.5 and 2.  If the pump is set too high, it might gurgle and bubble.  Too low, and the glycol doesn't circulate.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    The pumps are circled in red on this illustration here, which is similar to our TaB400 setup:

2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Thank you @pthomas745. That thread has some great info.

And Thank you @Denny16. That looks exactly like our setup.
    Hopper - 2019 T@B 400
    Where we call home - Our House, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth, SOL, Milky Way, Universe
    GO FLAMES GO!
  • Options
    qhumberdqhumberd Member Posts: 471
    I found it easier in my 2019 400 to see the little adjustment arrow on the main circulation pump from the outside access door. For the Flo pump I could see it better by lifting the panel at the head of the bed and looking down. maybe just the way my pump controls were oriented. And the scale for changes on the pump are not exact; mine has a small red arrow that you turn to about where you want it. I found after my flush with no air in the system that having the pump high (at 5) led to the reservoir tank pulsing with the fluid and that is what I could hear most. I turned mine to around 1-2 and I could see movement in the reservoir, but no noise or fluid churning, just a low hum from the system. I set my main and Flo to approximately the same spot.

2019  T@B400 Boondock Lite "Todd"

2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for your help. On our first trip of the summer and we have more hot water than we know what to do with. I think it was the calibration of the pumps that finally did it. 
    Hopper - 2019 T@B 400
    GO FLAMES GO!