2021 320 Model Confusion

So I put a deposit on a 2021 320 BD and after coming home and reading some details on the nucamp site, I'm somewhat confused. Is the rear tubular bumper included? Is solar included by default? My dealer did not say anything about the rear bumper, but did say that solar was included. After reading, people talk about BD lites, 320S, etc, but the YouTube video on the 2021 320 says that the Edge, Lite and BD are all the "same" in 2021 and the BD that is shown has the tubular bumper (which seems wise). This purchase is a stretch, so I want to make sure I do everything wisely and ask questions now not later. Since they are so backed up on production, I am considering not taking delivery until April 2021 (we're in Wisconsin) rather than an offered date of November as I only want to do some local trips for starters as we're complete newbies. Would appreciate any words of wisdom and clarification on 2021 models/features. 
2021 400 BD
2018 Ford F150 

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    According to the nuCamp website solar is optional.  It appears the Boondock rear aluminum cage is standard with the Boondock package, but I think I remember someone saying they did not have that on their new TaB.  Previous models had other variations of the Boondock package.  Now, nuCamp is trying to standardize and starting with the 2021 model, there is only 1 Boondock package.  If you order now, you may not get to camp in it - just maybe pay to store it.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • BywaysNWBywaysNW Member Posts: 64
    We have a 2021 320 Boondock. Took delivery a couple of months ago. It came with solar, microwave, etc., but no rear aluminum cage. I was under the impression that solar is standard, not optional, on a 2021 Boondock.

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Here is the link to the 2021 nüCamp brochure. It clearly states the solar is an “option”. Sometimes dealers order their favorite options , giving the customer the impression that it is standard because it is the only way they sell the campers. 

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • MarkAlMarkAl Member Posts: 455
    edited August 2020
    From the brouchure, the Boondock includes the solar package (105 Watt per discussion w/ Tech service), for non-Boondocks it's an option. They still call out the "Rear Cage" as standard but my impression again during discussion w/ nuCamp they are having issues with the finish quality of the cage.  The interior finish color and Microwave are the only "Options" that I know of.  Jenn G has experience ordering custom changes and I believe the dealers can also do changes for their orders. We ordered from the brouchure's option and got the system as we expected. Oh yeah, very happy with the trailer!
    Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
    Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
    Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
    managed by VE Smart Network
  • AFrashierAFrashier Member Posts: 2
    I purchased a 2021 Tab S 320 Boondock yesterday from Bradenton, FL and it came with the rear cage,
  • Rodent77Rodent77 Member Posts: 79
    edited August 2020
    I just checked out the 2021 brochure, and the cage is included in the Boondock S model as well as the Solar package: 

2021 T@B320 S - 2013 Ridgeline - Ont. Can

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW! What A RIDE!!”  Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

• Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    edited August 2020
    Beginning beginning with the 2021 model years, the Boondock series dropped the Lite and Edge versions on all the TaBs, and replaced the two former models with a new Boondock model, using the same kit and trim.  
    Now we have one Boondock model for the TaB320 and 400.  The 320 also gets the rear rack?   it was pointed out to me the Solar Panel is also included, in addition to the new tub and front rack being used in on all Boondock models.  There is also a new fender being used on the Boondock models with more side clearance.
    So nüCamp has been busy...
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • MarkAlMarkAl Member Posts: 455
    Hi re-reading this thread I wanted to add a new comment. Good idea on waiting to the spring for delivery - we did (Covid got in the way but we still had it for the summer). We've spent this summer learning on short trips. BUT the thing that has not been suggested is if you plan to do many more than 2 day dry camping trips (no electricity). I would pay the dealer for an upgrade of a larger battery maybe even 2 6volts. The 2 battery solution gives me 3 days easy if I don't get any solar recharging. I went cheaper for our first trailer and used flooded cell. This will give me time to evaluate Lithium or AGM and how much capaciy. If most camping is expected to have electricity or only a weekend - I don't think I'd bother upgrading the battery.
    Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
    Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
    Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
    managed by VE Smart Network
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    MarkAl said:
    Hi re-reading this thread I wanted to add a new comment. Good idea on waiting to the spring for delivery - we did (Covid got in the way but we still had it for the summer). We've spent this summer learning on short trips. BUT the thing that has not been suggested is if you plan to do many more than 2 day dry camping trips (no electricity). I would pay the dealer for an upgrade of a larger battery maybe even 2 6volts. The 2 battery solution gives me 3 days easy if I don't get any solar recharging. I went cheaper for our first trailer and used flooded cell. This will give me time to evaluate Lithium or AGM and how much capaciy. If most camping is expected to have electricity or only a weekend - I don't think I'd bother upgrading the battery.
    I recently had a Smart Energy Kit installed in my fridge to see if I can increase the efficiency of the fridge. I will be sure to post the results.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• LonesomeRoadLonesomeRoad Member Posts: 86
    Thanks to everyone for your helpful comments and suggestions. We visited the factory a couple of weeks ago and got things straightened out (I hope). Frankly, after reading, for hours, on this forum -- we're a little scared of moving ahead. So many things to learn and figure out (leveling, battery usage, Alde configuration, proper winterization, locks, brakes, etc. etc.). Glad this forum exists and that it has such great contributors!
    2021 400 BD
    2018 Ford F150 
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,395
    Frankly, after reading, for hours, on this forum -- we're a little scared of moving ahead. So many things to learn and figure out (leveling, battery usage, Alde configuration, proper winterization, locks, brakes, etc. etc.). 
    Don't sweat it, @LonesomeRoad. If there is any disadvantage to this forum it's that there is sometimes an unmanageable volume of information and opinions (particularly for an owner-yet-to-be). Many members (myself included) have particular knowledge and interests that we just looove talking about here with anyone that cares to listen!  :-) 

Remember, it's just a camper, not a rocket ship. While it may require a little more hands-on management than your average house, you'll figure it out quickly enough once you dive in and get camping. Worst case, you'll wake up some some morning without power... but even then it sure beats livin' in a tent!  ;-)
    2015 T@B S
    edited September 2020
    Yes, just take it one step at a time, and plan to make your first trips in the driveway, one weekend with shore power and shore water connected to check out the AC and water setup and one weekend with full water tank, on battery/solar Boondock Mode to get the feel,of how this works, and how long you can go.  

Learn each feature one at a time, how the AC and Alde works when on shore power, and Alde on battery power, the water system, first with duty water connection and then in Boondock mode, drawing water from the tank, and a practice of adding water from a bucket into the TaB tank via the Nautilus system.

Whilst you are waiting, watch the various videos that explain the TaB systems.  Google and UTube are your friend her.
    Cheers
  • VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,489
    Thanks to everyone for your helpful comments and suggestions. We visited the factory a couple of weeks ago and got things straightened out (I hope). Frankly, after reading, for hours, on this forum -- we're a little scared of moving ahead. So many things to learn and figure out (leveling, battery usage, Alde configuration, proper winterization, locks, brakes, etc. etc.). Glad this forum exists and that it has such great contributors!
    I’m a middle aged disabled widow who manages one of these solo. If I can handle it, pretty much anyone can. Of course there’s a learning curve...there is to anything good, right?
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
    Right Victoria...
    cheers
  • LonesomeRoadLonesomeRoad Member Posts: 86
    Denny16 said:
    Yes, just take it one step at a time, and plan to make your first trips in the driveway, one weekend with shore power and shore water connected to check out the AC and water setup and one weekend with full water tank, on battery/solar Boondock Mode to get the feel,of how this works, and how long you can go.  

Learn each feature one at a time, how the AC and Alde works when on shore power, and Alde on battery power, the water system, first with duty water connection and then in Boondock mode, drawing water from the tank, and a practice of adding water from a bucket into the TaB tank via the Nautilus system.

Whilst you are waiting, watch the various videos that explain the TaB systems.  Google and UTube are your friend her.
    Cheers
    Thanks for confirming our thoughts -- we figured the first couple of times 'out' will be filled with adventure (desired or not) and starting in the driveway is definitely a must. We have a couple of nice state parks not too far from home and, after we master the driveway camp, we won't be too far from a quick retreat back to home base! I've been consuming YouTube videos for sure and reading lots of reviews on stuff on Amazon and eTrailer (starting with the lowest ratings).
    Tnx
    2021 400 BD
    2018 Ford F150 
    Grand, that is exactly what we did when we got our TaB400, camped out on our back drive area, and then headed out to a local RV campground on the beach, a short drive away.
    cheers