Options

TAB 400 2021 Sewer Hose Storage

scottfwalterscottfwalter Member Posts: 4
Since the 2021 model doesn’t have the nifty sewer hose storage container anymore any ideas where to store the hose?

My 2021 is on order and just trying to plan ahead.  Thanks Scott

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited August 2020
    There is a space in the new front trailer tongue box for the hose, with caps set on each end.  Holes in the bottom to drain if put away wet after rinsing it off.  The built in tube on the back drivers side was eliminated to make room for,thrmAlde Flo,and new battery location in the back of the center bed area, where the former storage tube was located.

Others have mounted a storage tube under the trailer, using purpose built tubes or ABS pipes.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    cfranklincfranklin Member Posts: 3
    Since the 2021 model doesn’t have the nifty sewer hose storage container anymore any ideas where to store the hose?

My 2021 is on order and just trying to plan ahead.  Thanks Scott
    I had the same question (and similar 'on order' situation). Checking out whether something like this will fit the bill: https://www.enhancedperformancesystems.com/product-page/boondock-tongue-box. Haven't heard back from them yet re: 2021 Tab 400 Boondock compatibility.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
     This is a shallow compartment between the top and bottom of the frame, would fit a water hose, but I do not think the sewer hose would fit?  Also you need to relocate the gas box back one inch, with the newer larger 2021 box, not sure that could happen either.  
    cheers
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    @cfranklin - not sure about the Enhanced Performance model, but the Teardropshop only builds them for 320S before 2020 models.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 988
    Yes as Denny16 said it will fit in the front storage box of the new 2021.  I fit a 20' rinoflex hose in the front aluminum storage compartment along with all the accessories to it perfectly.  It comes in two 10' sections and fits in the back of it, behind the propane tank stacked on top of each other.  There's a nice spot for it.  I then use a 5 gallon bucket in there as well to hold water hose and all sorts of other items.  I can also fit the chocks and lynx levelers in there along with the dolly wheel.  You'll be amazed what you can fit in there.  No need for a separate storage tube mounted anywhere. 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    Sounds good, looking forward to getting mine back with the new 2021 tub/Box installed.
    cheere
  • Options
    Jim30587Jim30587 Member Posts: 6
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,419
    edited October 2023
    This was popular mod a few years back. Obviously it requires some careful fabrication, but it's convenient and entirely contained (a big plus in my book when you're talking poop pipes).

I'm not sure if you could do this with the new style metal tub. I suspect the trough on the inside (for holding the sewer tube...) might be in the way--and cutting into it might compromise the integrity of the tub. I'd like to hear a report from someone with a newer model who has investigated this more closely.

2015 T@B S

• Options
    You could get a thin walled well casing sleeve pipe, and use it to contain the slinky sewer hose, add a cap to each end, put it into the hose compartment at the back,of the new tub and Bob’s your uncle... 
    cheers
  • Options
    mjwaldnermjwaldner Member Posts: 44
    edited November 2021
    We put a sewer hose storage tube behind the tongue box on our 2021 400 BD. It fit with no modification to the box. I did have to add a 90deg fitting to the propane hose to make it long enough to reach. Some day I will reroute this hose to make it look a little better. I don't like how it has to travel around the tube. But that is just my OCD kicking in. I had to remove the tongue box to get the tube in place. Just 4 bolts. Not difficult at all. 
    ‎A04-0153XBK

2021 400 BD / 2019 Honda Passport Elite / Nashville, TN
  • Options
    BinghiBinghi Member Posts: 268

Here’s how I do it: stacked 6-gal milk crates - black water hoses and other sewer items in the black crates, fresh water hoses and other “clean” items in the grey crates. I use double straps now just in case one breaks.
    2021 400 BD / 2016 VW Touareg / Austin, TX
  • Options
    SoCalEsbenSoCalEsben Member Posts: 42
    edited January 2022
    mjwaldner said:
    We put a sewer hose storage tube behind the tongue box on our 2021 400 BD. It fit with no modification to the box. I did have to add a 90deg fitting to the propane hose to make it long enough to reach. Some day I will reroute this hose to make it look a little better. I don't like how it has to travel around the tube. But that is just my OCD kicking in. I had to remove the tongue box to get the tube in place. Just 4 bolts. Not difficult at all. 
    ‎A04-0153XBK

Nice solution. I'm planning on a similar mod. Can you share what fitting you used for propane hose? And also how you secured it to the trailer?

Thanks!
  • Options
    SydmargoSydmargo Member Posts: 25
    Sorry about tilted pictures. First time posting pictures.
    Installed sewer hose holder under Boondock rack. I could not put it any further back due to location of spare tire.
  • Options
    @Sydmargo - take the photo in landscape and then repost.  
  • Options

Completed my install and happy with it. Pretty easy once I found the right elbow fitting for the propane.
    Thanks for the tip!
  • Options
    mjwaldnermjwaldner Member Posts: 44
    edited January 2022
    @SoCalEsben sorry I missed your question about the fittings but I'm glad you figured it out. It took a little time looking around at ACE to find what I needed. Don't remember the part numbers. 
    I actually used a T-Fitting because I added a quick disconnect at the front of my 400 as that is generally where I set up the kitchen. 
    I just used two large Zip ties to keep it in place as a backup but I don't think it's going any place either way. 

2021 400 BD / 2019 Honda Passport Elite / Nashville, TN
  • Options
    @mjwaldner That looks great - nice solution with the extra quick connect. Thanks for providing the pictures!
  • Options
    JeffroNCJeffroNC Member Posts: 366
    Sydmargo said:
    Sorry about tilted pictures. First time posting pictures.
    Installed sewer hose holder under Boondock rack. I could not put it any further back due to location of spare tire.
    If you took them with an iPhone, tap edit, rotate them 90 degrees four times, crop a little, save and repost. It sounds silly but it works.  
    2019 T@B 400 BDL 2017 F150 3.5L Ecoboost
    Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI

• Options
    @Sydmargohttps://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/14806/tilted-photos#latest

You can avoid resizing by just taking photos in landscape mode.
  • Options
    DirtyRangerDirtyRanger Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the pictures everyone, I just got my 400 Boondock and was wondering the same thing.  Re: the pictures angles, just tell people to turn their heads and stop whining (joke). 
    2022 400 Boondock + Disco 5 Diesel
  • Options
    KK1LKK1L Member Posts: 95
    On my '23 T@B400 I would need to cut arcs in the diamond plate as well as move the LP hose, so decided on an easier location. A pretty obvious location choice underneath the frame right behind the front stablizers. It blends well and I might argue it is less visible than behind the tub. Using the supplied hose clamp mount on the passenger side the tube can be extended past the frame a bit to make it easier access. The clearance is only reduced by maybe 1/2".

73 es God Bless de KK1L, Ron <><
    2023 T@B 400 Boondock "Running up a T@B"
    Jericho, VT
  • Options
    HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 611
    Slick!
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
  • Options
    RobInPARobInPA Member Posts: 6
    @KK1L That looks nice and I'd like to do the same.  Can I ask, which tube did you use , and how exactly did you mount it?
  • Options
    bigbus01bigbus01 Member Posts: 10
    It's a bit hard to see in this picture but I made an extruded metal basket for my 2018.  I bent it, cut it, painted it and then zip tied it to the bottom of the tub frame. I hold down the hose with small bungy cords. Since it has holes in it, any fluid left just comes out
    bigbus01bigbus01 Member Posts: 10
    Here's a better picture.

Mark