Options

What did you pay for your Tab 320 Boondock

Speediq99Speediq99 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2021 in Trailer & Towing
Hello, 

We have been using trailers and Motorhomes for a while and we are intrigued with the idea of downsizing and getting something easy to tow that fits in the garage. We have decided on a Tab 320 boondock. We were a little shocked by the price tag so I as wondering what people here had paid for their new 2020 or 2021 Tab 320 Boondock. Ours will be $28.9k out the door.

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Speediq99 said:
    Hello, 

We have been using trailers and Motorhomes for a while and we are intrigued with the idea of downsizing and getting something easy to tow that fits in the garage. We have decided on a Tab 320 boondock. We were a little shocked by the price tag so I as wondering what people here had paid for their new 2020 or 2021 Tab 320 Boondock. Ours will be $28.9k out the door.

Thank you
    Location has a lot to do with price. The further from the factory, the more it will cost.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @Speediq99, this discussion thread may be of interest to you (although not specific to the newer T@B cost):

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/9180/what-did-you-pay-for-your-t-b/p1
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited September 2020
    I am seeing dealer’s ads on the West Coast for $26K to 31K for a 2021 320S TaB.
    Right now due to the higher demand used prices are up and new trailers are going for full price, with less mark downs.  So what someone paid a year ago or even in Jan-Mar of this year are going to be less than the current prices, due to the increased demand, and limited supply.  We paid $22K for a used 2018 TaB400, at the start of the year.  Today, the same trailer would fetch closer to $26K.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Speediq99Speediq99 Member Posts: 2
    It looks like prices are all over the place. $29k sound like 8-10k more than people have paid. Is this possible? 

How do I know what msrp is on these?

We are in Arizona. 
  • Options
    I am seeing $29-32K in Montana and surrounding area TaB dealers as list prices.  I do not believe nüCamp has a MSRP as such.  The total cost is going to depend on the add on options you get also.  So comparing what someone else paid without knowing all the details is an apples,to oranges comparison.  Work with your dealer, and get the best deal they can offer.
    cheers
  • Options
    JabGopherJabGopher Member Posts: 63
    edited September 2020
    We got ours in NY for just under $26k before tax. We were quoted ~$2-3k less at another dealer in PA, but they had a long waiting list and mid-late fall was the timeframe so we went with the one we saw in stock.

Taxes of course will vary by state.
    2021 Tab 320 S Boondock | 2021 Ram 1500
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    @Speediq99 I think 8-10 k less then your quote is a big stretch, especially if you are looking at the boondock, that has the highest priced “options.” 
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    kbdigitiqekbdigitiqe Member Posts: 163
    MSRP for 2021 320s BD is $32k, we paid $26k plus tax two months ago in CO and we got the last one that Dealer will have in stock for the season. The other big dealer in CO was about a month out for anything. Do some googling though and you’ll see campers of all kinds are in insanely high demand right now because of covid. 
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,421
    Speediq99 said:
    It looks like prices are all over the place. $29k sound like 8-10k more than people have paid. Is this possible? 

How do I know what msrp is on these?

We are in Arizona. 
    I've seen nuCamp order sheets with prices on them, but I'm not sure if those prices are filled in by nuCamp or the dealer.

Unlike with automobiles, RV manufacturers are not legally obligated to provide a true MSRP on their product. You might see or hear an MSRP tossed around, but it should be viewed with suspicion as it may very well be bogus.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    incidentalmusicincidentalmusic Member Posts: 16
    My wife and I purchased a 2020 320 CS-S BD lite at Hartley's RV in NY for $22,5. They seemed to have decent inventory, but this was back on 8/1 of this year. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    In today’s market, you got a good deal, and prices have gone up since August 1, as existing inventory rapidly dropped...

• Options
    JPRolandJPRoland Member Posts: 115
    We just purchased a 2021 T@B 320-S Boondock at Moix RV in Conway, Arkansas two weeks ago and they included the brake assist/light kit (which runs $500-$750 depending on dealer) plus the anti-sway bar for a total price of $26,500. It also came with the refrigerator/freezer, microwave, and full spare tire with matching rim mounted on the in front of battery box.They had another one just like it on the lot last week. I felt like we could have done better if it wasn't a seller's market, but after reading this thread I'm feeling like we did alright.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    edited September 2020
    @JPRoland - what is the brake assist/light kit?  Do you mean the brake controller/7 pin for your tow vehicle?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Hi, Sharon. As you will soon discover, I am not a mechanic. But here is the explanation I gave Denny in another thread: I am probably not even calling it the right thing, but here is my best layman's answer: The way I understand it, the 2021 T@B Boondock I purchased comes with "electric brakes." I'm not sure all T@B's come with them, but this Boondock is pretty loaded up. The electric brakes assist your vehicle's ability to stop better while pulling 2500-3000 extra pounds. I have a 2018 Toyota Highlander Limited which I have used to pull my little 4x6 cargo trailer for the past ten years and that little trailer does not have electric brakes. They are unnecessary because it is very light and I hardly notice it's back there even when braking. Consequently, my Highlander was fitted at U-Haul with that typical four-pin flat connector, like you would use for pulling a small boat trailer. While searching for a T@B, each dealer I spoke with mentioned that my car would have to be fitted with a larger, cylinder-shaped connector that would accommodate the lights and electric brakes. Part of this light/brake assist kit includes a small black box with an LED readout that is mounted below and to the right of my steering wheel. I have no idea what that read-out means. I just notice that when I brake the numbers go up rapidly. To me, it means it is functioning. A dealer in Mississippi said it would cost an extra $500.00 to install it and the dealer in Arkansas quoted $750.00. I purchase my T@B from the Arkansas dealer who ended up throwing it in with the deal. (He probably felt bad because it is such a "seller's market" and he knows we are all paying full retail right now.) He threw in the little anti-sway bar, too, which I highly recommend to prevent "fish-tailing" or sway. I can tell you that the electric brakes make a big difference. I have already had to slam on my brakes once and they worked perfectly. Normal braking with them is effortless. However, last week when I didn't allow enough slack in the electrical cord from the trailer to the car and it became disconnected during my brilliant U-turn, I noticed a palpable difference in the thirty minutes I drove before I discovered it. So, there you have it. A non-mechanical man's explanation of the "light/brake assist kit." I hope that helps. 
  • Options
    trimtabtrimtab Member Posts: 237
    May 2020, NEW 320-s Boondock with Solar package, $23K, Apache RV, Oregon, and I thought electric brakes were standard..
    2020 320-S boondock, solar, 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
  • Options
    Kr@ckenKr@cken Member Posts: 146
    Wow we overpayed. 30K last October for a 2020 T@B 320 Boondock. No extras. We are just about as far away as you can get from Ohio but it sounds like we should have done a bit more homework.
    Kr@cken
    2020 T@B 320 Boondock
    Factory Victron Solar, Norcold 3 way Fridge
    Clueless about everything electronic
    2020 Subaru Ascent 
    Bainbridge Island, Wa
  • Options
    They came on the trailer but required a hook-up on my suv that I didn't already have. 

• Options

Hey Sharon. The little controller box for the brakes mounted below my steering wheel says, "Cequent."
  • Options
    WyoReddogWyoReddog Member Posts: 9
    I was just quoted the strangely specific “discounted” price of $31,957 for a 320S Boondock in Montana. 
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    @JPRoland - Cequent makes a variety of controllers.  Any other identifying info?  Picture?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I'll take one next time I'm out
     there. Long week. I'm tired.
  • Options
    GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 452
    Why buy new?  Buying a new rv is one of the worst financial decisions anyone can make.  It is common to find used/pre-titled T@bs.  Many folks buy because “they’re so cute” only to find they are small.  I found mine on a lot “used”.  Except the unit never even left dealers lot.  Man bought it, brought wife a couple weeks later to pick up.  She said no way.  I got it for about 15% under preowned book price and 25% under asking.
    Look at distances and go get it.  That’s why you’re buying it, to travel right?
    2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.  

• Options
    WyoReddogWyoReddog Member Posts: 9
    @GatorEgg : we would buy used but we like the cassette toilet in the newer model. It’s a personal preference. Maybe we’ll wait a while until the novelty wears off and people start selling their 2021 tabs. 😁