Options

TAB 400 Boondock 2021 Winterizing

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    @kevenv - attach the 4 foot hose directly to the city water inlet, then attach the RV blow out adapter to the other end of the hose, then connect the compressor.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    @geoB - those are nuCamp instructions from the Owners Manual.

Thats interesting that you could not get flow through the hot water lines.  If the Alde was bypassed, you should still be able to run antifreeze through both hot and cold lines.  

Here is a flow diagram from member Muttonchops.  Easy to see how antifreeze should avoid the Alde, but fill the hot water lines.  
    If the Alde filled with antifreeze, I think AF would move to the mixing valve, then onto the hot water lines.  Can you open the Alde yellow flapper to see if any antifreeze drains out?  Mystery.

• Options
    geoBgeoB Member Posts: 67
    @Sharon_is_SAM My reading of the diagram is different. I see that the water heater is bypassed. This makes sense - no need to fill it with anti-freeze. (In my '99 Roadtrek winterizing included removing the inlet & outlet lines from the water heater and connecting the two lines with a short section of line.) Once the Nautilus is in winterize mode the hot water plumbing looks to be inaccessible to the pumping of antifreeze.

The faucet valves need to be open when draining the system to allow the lines to drain.
    2018 Audi SQ5 + 2021 T@B 400 BD replaces '99 Roadtrek 190 Popular (same mpg with half the range)
  • Options
    @geoB - if you follow the dark blue line, the flow avoids the Alde, but continues through the outside shower and to the hot water lines that are fed by the Alde.  The red valve only prevents the filling of the Alde tank.  
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAM And I thought I had an explanation of why the pump did not push antifreeze to the galley's hot water faucet. Plus, I was hoping to avoid having to check the winterizing - the trailer is in storage with the cover on. Good thing the cover allows access to the interior without being removed.
    2018 Audi SQ5 + 2021 T@B 400 BD replaces '99 Roadtrek 190 Popular (same mpg with half the range)
  • Options
    Well, not sure what made me think no antifreeze would come thru the hot water valves. Opened up the trailer at the storage yard, enough to check pumping. Antifreeze came thru the hot water valves in galley, head & outdoor shower. Chalk it up to aging neurons & synapses.

Here's a suggested markup of Muttonchops' diagram. The objective, really, is to show that just the water heater is bypassed when winterizing.

• Options
    @geoB - sounds like you are all set for winter:). I like the addition of the label of the post-Alde lines.  Oh @MuttonChops - are you willing???
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,595
    @Sharon_is_SAM , @geoB

Attached PDF file has the suggested clarification added to all the water path figures.

Sharon . . . please update the resources version.

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    Thank you @MuttonChops!
  • Options
    GeorgiaMBGeorgiaMB Member Posts: 33
    Thank you all for the thorough description of the Alde bypass. I was about to winterize my 2022 Tab 400, and was stressing over how not to get antifreeze into my Alde system and that was not clear in the instructions. On my 320 the big red lever was very clear!
    2021 T@B Boondock 320S | 2021 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6 
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,185
    @MuttonChops Great guide! I've downloaded this to my phone for quick reference.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    GrandmasKidGrandmasKid Member Posts: 160
    We're camped in Florida for the rest of December. How much antifreeze should I buy to winterize before heading back north? We too have a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock. Thanks for this forum!
    2021 400 Boondock/ 2021 Toyota Tacoma Off Road
  • Options
    @GrandmasKid - to use AF throughout your plumbing, you need about 2 gallons, plus extra to add AF down the p trap(s) and for the waste gate valves.  Get 3 gallons with propylene glycol.  Don’t forget the toilet flush valve.  Easy to forget.