Options

Camper Water Pressure, plumbing, heating

deucedeuce Member Posts: 47

Hi all - what a great forum this is for Newbies.

Thinking about winterizing and service issues at same time with respect to ‘17 320-CS.

I had a leak-break in one of my water lines for the freshwater tank serviced back in July.  (Should have bought a BoonDock model…….)  Fix seemed to work pretty well, but when parked not quite level I have noticed an extremely slow drip will occur when hooked up to city water.  (If I can convert video to low pixel photo, I will upload.  But drip is in right front corner, but have seen it on right rear in another off-level location).

When I purchased, the young associate who so-called briefed me, sold me a pressure valve gauge where the red zone starts at 40 PSI, and said I shouldn’t go above it.

The hook-ups routinely seem to go to 60 PSI - especially the ones controlled by pump handles rather than a twist-wheel.  I baby it to get it back down to 40 if I can, even using wire and bungees to hold the pump handle in the proper position, if it can be controlled at all.

So that is a first question:  am I over-reacting to the PSI warning at 60?

Second question relates to the first:  The SO (Significant Other) says that she thinks we have a lot of extra air in the line, even when the pump is on.  I feel that this is true at 40, but not at 60.

If there is a small leak in the fresh water tank or line somewhere, will that directly affect our shore station/city water pressure too? 

Comments