Options

If you are a T@B fanatic are you Male or Female

DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
edited February 2021 in Camping & Travel
  1. Hash  T@B Fun

If you are a T@B fanatic are you Male or Female 56 votes

Male
58%
ChanWDalehelmanTabaz ScottGgulfareapthomas745cmacnbrandtRFraerSLAMplicatotybladesmithTBullardJeffroNCDougWWBaylissezusmanisDutch061georgianwindsB0atguy 33 votes
Female
41%
VernajkjennSweetlyHomeSharon_is_SAMmonaMouseketabluv2traveldragonsdoflyHomebodyatheart2CougsMarcelineSamrollseyesTabnerodsfdogsJackie_DaveSubaruLouMindybMellow_YellowDawnSpatsycarp 23 votes

Comments

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    Female
    @Dalehelman, unfair poll. No option for both, and that is what we'd answer, as there is one each male and female in our household.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    Female
    Can’t you vote twice @dragonsdofly?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    edited February 2021
    Dictionary.com:

"a person with an extreme and uncritical enthusiasm or zeal, as in religion or politics"

Miriam Webster #2:

"a person who is extremely enthusiastic about and devoted to some interest or activity"
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• Options
    Female
    @Sharon_is_SAM, didn't want to skew the results and didn't try to vote twice, but, at your suggestion, I will attempt it.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
  • Options
    Male
    @dragonsdofly one you must be just a little more over the top.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    Female
    @Dalehelman, I  have to say I was more enamored with the t@b than my husband. For the past nearly 5 years.
  • Options
    Female
    @Dalehelman, however, now that we also have a 30', 10,000 lb other brand trailer, my husband has come to appreciate the simplicity and ease of travel and operation the t@b provides, at least 4 tons more!
  • Options
    Female
    Ok, here I go.....

• Options
    Female
    Now, one for the DH.....
  • Options
    Female
    Oops! Wrong button.
  • Options
    Female
    Well, there's your answer. I've skewed the poll. It won't let me vote both ways. Always votes female. @Sharon_is_SAM, can you fix that?
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,427
    Male
    I didn't think you could vote in a poll more than once. Once I've cast a vote I've never seen a way to get back to the voting checkbox. Am I missing something?

Regardless, @dragonsdofly, if your DH isn't enamored enough to have his own forum account and cast his own vote, then I might suggest he does not meet the "fanatic" prerequisite!  :-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    Female
    @dragonsdofly - It’s alright Denise.  I am sure we won’t lose any research grant funding by a vote error😂
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Male
    More than 11,000 members here and only twenty fanatics? What are we doing wrong?

At first, I didn't really consider myself a fanatic. Then I remembered... I'm a moderator of an internet forum that discusses T@Bs ad nauseum. Ha ha, figured I better cast a vote!   
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Male
    It seems like only a hand full of members are following and replying. I think this virus thing has put everyone in a funk. We in our circle friends and family have yet to be effected by it.  Knock on wood. My wife and I both tested positive about a month ago, but neither of us developed any symptoms. 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited February 2021
    Male
    @Dalehelman, Now you tell us!

I'll just have to wear a mask when I type...

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Male
    @Dalehelman, although my observations are purely anecdotal, I think that is typical of the forum in general. Despite the large number of members, the vast majority are inactive, and at any given time relatively few are participating in discussions.

Glad you both are fine!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Female
    @Dalehelman, excuse me for a moment as I covid disinfect my phone. And X2 what @ScottG said. Really glad the 2 of you are well!
  • Options
    SweetlyHomeSweetlyHome Member Posts: 336
    Female
    Ok, we'll vote.  Since she wouldn't camp in a tent anymore in Florida and started us on the Nucamp / Pleasant Valley road with a Silver Shadow years ago we are using our single vote as female. Since we've just had our second shots and follow the CDC guidelines I think we are Covid safe on the forum.
    Jupiter, Florida~T@B 400, with 2018 Toyota 4Runner

• Options
    TRobTRob Member Posts: 54
    Male
    I voted Male since, well, I am a male. :) I have to say that my wife is probably the bigger Tab enthusiast though and she isn't on the forum. She is in charge of the Tab and I do the mods on my Jeeps. I'm her maintenance guy and mod guy, often with my 80 year old dad's assistance.
    Troy / 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon / 2021 Tab 400 BD / Sarasota, FL
  • Options
    dlbdlb Member Posts: 141
    Male
    Both

Funny, I am on this forum and wife is on FB.  Split the workload, it works.
    2021 Tab 400 Boondock
    2020 Audi SQ5
  • Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 419
    Male
    Same for us.  The Mrs on FB and I'm here.
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • Options
    Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    So do I count as male identifying as female? I love my Tab 400 too!
    What do you hope to achieve by generating the ratio of male to female?
    As a matter of interest, my camping group, for singles only, any gender identification, are mostly cis gender female. We are mostly over 55.
    I was told that the reason is that in general after one of a couple dies or is divorced, the females become more adventurous. Most males dont. I thought it would have been reversed. An odd observation. Not that I would wish that on any of you.
  • Options
    Male
    @Tundra57 just curious. In my travels and a number of rallies I have attended. It seemed that there were a lot of women who were very enthusiastic about their T@bs. Many of them single traveling alone. Also a surprising number of married ladies camping alone. Ladies seem to like the cute factor. Men the practical and quality aspects. These are just my observations.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Male
    As an unabashed heterosexual male, I so appreciated the build quality of the T@B (say ARGGH).  I was also very impressed by the upswept rear-end that would allow egress from a ravine.  I struggled with the "cuteness" factor during purchase.  What would my biker buddies think if I bought one?  It came down to one thing - quality.  Nothing on the dealer's lot came close to the build quality of the T@B.  After five years of ownership, I have no regrets.  However, I still cringe when someone calls my trailer "cute."  Please, don't do that.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    Male
    @Tabaz well said I agree, but my wife still thinks it’s cute.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Male
    It is cute. It’s also well built and functional. Perhaps this explains the attraction to all sexes. Let me go out on a limb here, doesn’t everyone want functionality and beauty in a product? I surely hope so.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    Male
    Tabaz said:
    It is cute. It’s also well built and functional. Perhaps this explains the attraction to all sexes. Let me go out on a limb here, doesn’t everyone want functionality and beauty in a product? I surely hope so.
    Agree. The best things offer both form and function, though individuals may prioritize these things differently.

I went RV shopping with what I thought was a nearly impossible list of criteria. The T@B--which I knew nothing about until I saw one (and said excitedly "What's THAT?") met nearly all of them. That is was also fine looking probably helped seal my nearly on-the-spot commitment to owning it.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 419
    Male
    The TAGs attracted me to NuCamp.  I was looking for a camper; the Mrs was looking for a travel trailer.  The TAB 320 satisfied both of our wishes.  
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,653
    Male
    During my run through at Tom's Camperland.  I was buying the trailer, and a female friend of mine was along for moral support, along with a couple of swarthy biker types. (Well...BMW riders.)  A woman with a different trailer in for service came over, and gushed at my female friend about how cute the trailer was and how she was going to love it!  She was nice and gone a quickly, so we didn't take the time for any correction. 
    I said something like "holy cow, that cute stuff will drive me crazy." 
    The young guy giving me the run through didn't even look up. 
    "Tell them it isn't "cute."  Its sexy!"
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi