Options

Switching to New Rhomar Glycol

12346»

Comments

• Options
    DaveAnnaDaveAnna Member Posts: 41
    Just to clear up since we have no idea what fluid was installed in our new 2021 June delivery. What color is the Century and what color is the Rhomar?
  • Options
    MobeanMobean Member Posts: 52
    You need to know exactly what glycol is in your TAB.  Contact NüCamp with your RV VIN.  They will be able to tell you which glycol was used in your unit based on the build date. I believe the RhoGaurd switch occurred around 2021 which has a blue-green color.
    2021 320S BD
    2020 V6 Chevy Colorado
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,432
    edited April 4
    The Century TF-1 used previously was a bright yellow-green. According to their service bulletin, nuCamp made the switch on 1/4/2021. I agree you should check your build date and confirm with nuCamp.

2015 T@B S

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited April 4
    @DaveAnna to determine when your 2021 TaB was actually built, you can look at the nüCamp sticker/build plate on the side of the tongue.  The month and year your tab was built will be there along with the vin number.  If your TaB was built in or after Jan 2021, then you have the new Rhomar fluid.  If it was built in 2020, then you have the Century 21 fluid, which is still available from most dealers or on line.  It was recommended by nüCamp, for those systems built before Jan2021 to switch to Rohmar on their next scheduled glycol fluid change.  nüCamp came out with a service notice to its dealers on how to make the change.  This included drawing and flushing out the old fluid with distilled water in final rinse, then adding the new Rhomar fluid.  

Earlier posts in this discussion have photos of both fluids to see the color, which can vary a little.
    Cheers

2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Jay_and_KatJay_and_Kat Member Posts: 215
    edited April 4
    Commenting to be able to find this spot in the discussion later, because I'm wondering if our Alde fluid will need the big "flush and rinse" or not...

Update to add:
    Just found our VIN on our insurance paperwork and e-mailed nuCamp to see what they can tell us.  I'm hoping we've got the Rhomar, as we got our camper in early 2022, so I'm hopeful it's the new stuff...
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Jay and Kat
    Tow vehicle:  2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S + tow package
    Camper:  2022 T@B 400 Boondock w/Norcold 3-way fridge
  • Options
    DaveAnnaDaveAnna Member Posts: 41
    Thanks Denny,  I emailed nuCamp. We have new stuff per our VIN. Says our 320 will needs little less than 4 gallons at $50+ per gallon. Doing quick volumetric calcs, about 1 gal in boiler, 1/2 gallon in tank behind toilet. Adding up all piping and both heaters , not sure but around 1 1/2 gallon.  I’ll drain and see
  • Options
    HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 615
    I can't tell from the product information online.  Is the Alde fluid/Rhomar water a concentrate that you mix with distilled water, or is it pre-mixed?
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
  • Options
    The Alde fluid/Rhomar fluid sold by nüCamp dealers, is pre-mixed with water and ready to use Rich.
    cheers

• Options
    HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 615
    Rats.  Was hoping to only have to buy half of the capacity.
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
  • Options
    Sorry Rich…