Options

Ryobi One+ Inflator for blowout in winterizing

This little portable unit with the rechargeable battery lets me set what PSI I want it to fill to according to my recommended tire pressure, but I don't know how much pressure it's using to get it there. I've been reading the threads about not having more than 50 PSI. I wouldn't want to set it at 50 PSI, but maybe much lower, eg 30 psi. But how much pressure is being exerted in psi to get there, I don't know. Any thoughts? Here is the link to the product:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-ONE-18V-Dual-Function-Inflator-Deflator-Tool-Only-P747/308746324
Thanks everyone. 
2020 Tab 320S BE "Moonbeam"
2019 Toyota Tacoma 

Asheville, NC

"Don't postpone joy!"

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    It should not exceed the set pressure at any point.  Just set it to 40-45 PSI and it should be fine.  Did you note the actual flow volume?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    jules2gojules2go Member Posts: 164
    edited November 2021
    I'm not sure what you mean by the flow volume. It doesn't give me any readings of what the pressure going in actually is; it just shuts off when it hits the PSI I set it for. Also, I called the company and they couldn't answer the question. 
    2019 Toyota Tacoma 

Asheville, NC

"Don't postpone joy!"
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    It is the actual volume of air flowing through the pipes that clears the water.  I believe they advertise high volume and low pressure which is good for the TaBs.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    It fills up my tires quickly. That's all I've used it for. It filled a completely flat tire within about 5 min or so. Not sure if that answers your question. Whether that means high volume and low pressure, idk. 
    2019 Toyota Tacoma 

Asheville, NC

"Don't postpone joy!"
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,185
    There’s static and dynamic pressure. When using a pancake compressor you’ll notice that if you set it to 50psi with all valves closed it will remain at 50psi since there is nowhere for the air to move (static). Once you open the valves the pressure drops dramatically because air is moving through the pipes and exiting faucets (dynamic). So just saying to use 50psi is a little misleading as it needs to be 50psi dynamic pressure. The one caveat is when doing this ALWAYS leave a faucet open. As you blow out one line always open another before you close the prior faucet. I’m not sure what 50psi static would be once all exits are closed. Probably pretty high. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    @manyman297 thanks for clarifying. I'll have to remember to leave at least one valve open, yes. 
    2019 Toyota Tacoma 

Asheville, NC

"Don't postpone joy!"
  • Options
    RFraerRFraer Member Posts: 87
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited November 2021
    That larger battery compressor looks very interesting, and should work well.  Another member (Pintoplumber) posted a comment about draining the Alde water tank, then with Bypass in normal position and all faucet valves closed, pressure up the water system at 40-45 psi, turning the hot water tank into a air storage tank, to blow out the water lines one at a time.  Interesting idea💡 
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    rcarlson1957rcarlson1957 Member Posts: 180
    i use the Ryobi P747 you mentioned in 1st post for winterizing and inflating tires. I use the low pressure mode to fill tubes, floats and inflatable Luci solar lights. Plus it will deinflate them quick too. It’s very handy. 
    2018 TAB 320S Silver/Black w/Dandelions
    2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL (AWD) Lunar Silver Metallic
    Rick and Barbara - North Texas 
    More Smiles Per Mile! B)
    Enjoy doing and sharing mods
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,503
    Are people pretty happy with the Ryobi One+ platform? I need a new cordless drill and I'm looking at this set while it's on sale. Then I saw that Amazon has what looks like some good deals on Bosch 12v drivers. Any thoughts?
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,277
    edited November 2021
    We don't have experience with the Bosch. Hopefully someone who's had both will come along. That said, We've been using Ryobi 18V products for a very long time; everything from drills to a chainsaw and we've accumulated many batteries. We have the high pressure compressor for tires and the high volume for an inflatable kayak. For camping, we especially like the 150W Power Inverter. Very compact and great for charging phone or laptop out at a picnic table along with any low draw 120V use. We travel with two of the 6Ah batteries along with a charger to top them off when we have shore power. I'm interested to hear someones personal experience with the Bosch.
    Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    edited November 2021
    I can't seem to find a portable inflator that will fit the rv blowout plug. How are you using the ones listed here that don't seem to have a way to change the head of the hose so that is compatible with the blow out plug.   I have a big one that I use with the plug but would like a smaller one I can take with me to blow out on trips to/from cold areas. It would also be great if it's not really loud.  
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,427
    Denny16 said:
    That larger battery compressor looks very interesting, and should work well.  Another member (Pintoplumber) posted a comment about draining the Alde water tank, then with Bypass in normal position and all faucet valves closed, pressure up the water system at 40-45 psi, turning the hot water tank into a air storage tank, to blow out the water lines one at a time.  Interesting idea💡 
    cheers
    This is the approach I currently use (probably based on @Pintoplumber's advice). Anecdotally, it seems like it's the big rush of air when a faucet or valve is first opened under pressure that ejects most of the remaining water. If I do this two or three times per fixture I'm pretty confident that enough of the water is out to prevent freeze damage. YMMV.     
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    DanWeitzelDanWeitzel Member Posts: 59
    I used this one to blow out my 2016 T@B, Ryobi’s P737 inflator.  Worked just fine.  I also use this to check/inflate our trailer tires & carry it with us when camping.  We also take a Ryobi 18v blower with us to blow off the pad/ground before setting up our side tent.  Trying to stay with one brand & battery size to share between tools.  
    2016 T@B 320 Qmax, 2020 KIA Sorento, The Woodlands, TX
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    edited December 2021
    Does the Ryobi P737 inflator fit onto the blowout plug though? These types of inflators all seem to only fit a tire stem.