Options

Sometimes it's the little things...

Sometimes just doing a minor fix or upgrade can give a person a great feeling of accomplishment.  What are some of the little things you've all done to make your T@B more enjoyable.

On our last trip my wife ended up hitting the USB cable I had running from the outlet next to the CO detector up the wall to the firestick plugged into the back of the TV.  This of course caused the firestick to reboot.

When I got home, I fished the USB cable down thru the wall behind the TV.  I plugged an extension cord into the A/C outlet feeding the ALDE and ran it up to the wall where the cable came out on the floor and hooked up the  USB power adapter. No more getting tangled in the wiring!
2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
Tampa FL

Comments

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,594
    LOL, =), wonderful idea - question . . . .

Expect for me No Modification has been a ' little thing ' as in seems some unexpected issue is always included - - - be it parts, tools, or my skill set - - -

That said, I look forward to hearing what others feel  were ' little thing ' mods!
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited November 2021
    The best one mod I did, was instal the Victron 712 shortly after getting our TaB400.  
    The next was to rehang the washroom door the other way round and putting the handle lever (previously on the outside) to the inside to make egress easier.  When open, the door forms a private area to dry and dress.

Currently, working on dividing up the under bed storage, to match what nüCamp did on the 2021 models.  This will give me two compartments, one under the bunk in the center, and the other accessible from the Pax side rear door, where I store a roll up table, small camping stove, and the TaB tools and spares.  Will post it when I get it done.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Little things:

1) Installed a key hook just inside the door on the left (opposite side of instrument panel) for TV keys and T@b keys.  
    2) installed another hook on the lower cabinet near the sink to hang dish towel. 
    3) installed removable "ultimate jack"
    4) switched out clunky safety chains with self coiling cables.
    5) switched out the sewer cap with the kind with the threaded hose outlet so I can do a partial gray tank dump into a portable container without using sewer hose

Bigger things: installed BMV-712 Blutooth battery monitor.  Installed smart converter with boost mode,  split off the bed AC vent and added another vent in wall board below fridge (before they put a cubby there)  that vent blew so hard I felt like a dog with its head out the window of a moving car. 
  • Options
    USSBirdUSSBird Member Posts: 66
    While the word “handy” would not be used by my DW to describe me. I did manage to attach a paper towel holder underneath the kitchen cabinet. 
    Latter I went  crazy and removed the aluminum shower curtain “hook” that always jabs me when sitting on the lou.  

Crazy!  I know, right 😱
    2021 T@B 400 BD / 2020 Ram 1500, Northwest Arkansas
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,277
    Here's a couple. Mounted these three baskets off the drivers side shelf for extra storage. And along the lines of @Tampakayaker's USB mod, you can almost see a port below the reading light. It was easy to tap into the lights 12V power. We sleep side-to-side and needed a place close to the head of the bed to charge phones at night. Guess the web pocket on the wall by the light to hold phones and cable count as another little mod.  :)

Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    We have a series of those IKEA cups with the hook flap on the back along each shelf for assorted small items, cups, batteries, remotes, etc.
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL
  • Options
    AirBossAirBoss Member Posts: 740
    • Ditto on the paper towel hanger, above the sink in my case.
    • Industrial strength Velcro straps to hold my "personal protective device" (a/k/a/ Dickenson 12Ga) under the ledge below the flatscreen
    • An in-door 16" horizontal vent in the bathroom door installed just above the threshold so when the A/C is running and the bath fan is running, cool air is drawn into the bath
    • Upgraded main fan to Maxx Fan Deluxe and moved factory fan to the bath
    • Key hooks just inside the door, reachable from the step
    • And I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the "stained-glass" window film in bath courtesy of the DGF  ;)

2020 T@B 400 "OTTO" (build date 08/19)
    Factory Victron Solar; Norcold 3-way fridge
    '04 Chevy Tahoe Z71 DinoKiller
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com
    https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/owen-ashurst/shop

• Options
    xdrxdr Member Posts: 261
    @WayneW —I just showed the mod to dh and he said ,”Genius! Yes! I’m going to do it!” 
    That grate has driven us crazy since day one. It is ridiculous the amount of time we have spent looking for a coffee pot to fit on that stove! 
    Simple and practical. I like it! 
    mary 
    2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
    One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.
  • Options
    WayneWWayneW Member Posts: 188
    Thanks, Mary. It sure made a difference for us. I picked up the rod at HD. I used a chain saw file to make the grooves in the rod so they would fit flush with the grate.  And I had to tweak the bent arms of the grate just a bit to make room for the added rods. 

Enjoy that cup o’ joe. 
    2021 320S BD
    2006 F-150
    Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
  • Options
    rhynorhyno Member Posts: 393
    edited November 2021
    Here's one I came up with over the summer. It works great!

2021 T@B 400 BD, 2021 Lexus GX 460, Kansas City MO
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,277
    edited December 2021
    I found a way to use HDMI to feed the on-board monitor, so at first look the @YanniLazarus "little thing" didn't work for me, but on second thought, those custom "C" hooks strung further back would be a good way to hang damp towels while traveling or anytime outdoor drying doesn't work.
    Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    YanniLazarusYanniLazarus Member Posts: 344
    ...cut out of pvc piping. project left overs- anoldur's favorite! 
    Yanni Lazarus 2020 T@B320S, 2018 RAV4 Adventure, Central CT
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    Very clever @FuzzyYanni!  Cheap and effective.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    ADRawliADRawli Member Posts: 199
    Adding these two pump soap dispensers, one for body wash, the other for shampoo, was a solve to the “soap dish” dilemma for us.  They slide off for easier refill, or when traveling or winterizing too.   And, they seem to kind of “match” the style of the bath as well.  
    Alan & Natalie       McKinney, TX
    nüCamp:  2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
    TV: 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 4x4    

Dream big... work hard... never give up.
  • Options
    riverchemistryriverchemistry Member Posts: 9
    Best mod I’ve done is remove the bulky plastic toilet paper holder with a drop down flat metal toilet paper holder instead. Frees up the space for my knees and looks better imo 
  • Options
    YanniLazarusYanniLazarus Member Posts: 344
    Little change that I love... velcro attachment for an led camping headlight without the head strap. I can reposition it to shine on our 320 table however it's turned to get enough task lighting for elderly crossword puzzlers. 
    Yanni Lazarus 2020 T@B320S, 2018 RAV4 Adventure, Central CT
  • Options
    SLJSLJ Member Posts: 450
    edited July 2022
    Here are the major ones I completed over the Fall/Winter to our 2021 320S Boondock, still a few to go.
    1) Changed battery to larger AGM and moved inside (more secure and lightened the tongue).
    2) Put all the parasitic draws on the battery on a switch panel (ceiling LEDs, USB ports, TV, radio, etc.) and added a Blue-Ray player and a voltmeter for the battery.
    3) Changed the low fixed faucet to a higher swivel faucet.
    4) Added a table bracket by the door so the table can be used as more counter space and a headboard at night.
    5) Changed the outside light to red and added red LED strips with a lower switch by the door for better night vision to use when I'm using the telescope and camping at astronomy campgrounds.
    6) Added a fixed telescoping omnidirectional TV antenna (no holes in the roof) so there's no set up to use the TV when in parking lots or rest areas.
    7) Added a bathroom fan in the outside bathroom wall (drilling a large hole in the side of your new camper is not for the weak hearted).
    8) Added a Garmin backup camera to the T@B that uses my Garmin GPS as the display.
    More: https://solocanoes.com/camper.htm

2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York
  • Options
    FreespiritFreespirit Member Posts: 131
    Replaced my butane stove lighter with a portable rechargeable electric arc lighter (Leejie). So much easier to use. 
    Decided this was an easier solution for me to the cumbersome butane lighter versus doing the full on modification of permanently installing an arc lighter on the stove. 
    2020 TAB 320 U
    TV 2022 Highlander
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    We use an arc type rechargeable lighter also, every little use of fossil fuel savings adds up.  
    Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.