Options

Leak at bathroom Shower Head / Faucet flowing into tube tunnel. Do I need to mop it up somehow?

In preparing my 2021 Tab 320 for our next trip, I discovered water in the shower flow when testing out the faucets.  I then found out there was a leak where the shower head tube attaches to the faucet/Shower head.  Some water flowed down the tube tunnel. Where it ends up, I have no idea.  I also noticed water underneath the trailer below the bathroom.  There is a tube under the floor of the trailer that may have been leaking out.  Is this a drain port for this type of problem?
I am concerned about water damage behind the toilet.

(I can't get the pump to stop running too, but that is another problem and possibly another post).
Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Kirk
2021 T@b 320 S Boondock
2020 F150 2.7l V6 Turbo
Tucson, Arizona

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    edited December 2021
    The tube under the 2021 320 bathroom is likely the glycol overflow.  Have you been running the Alde?
    Remove the panel under the sink to get a view of the plumbing.  You may be able to tighten a connection at that point.

A picture of the leak location may help us.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    K_C_915K_C_915 Member Posts: 34
    @Sharon_is_SAM
    Thanks for your quick reply.  It sounds like the water I saw on the ground underneath the bathroom has nothing to do with the leak. 
    I will post some pictures soon.  Some water did flow into the hole in the sink that has the shower hose in it. That is what has me concerned.

It does sound like I will need to remove the access panel under the sink and behind the toilet.  Are there any posts that describe how to do this?
    I don't want to break anything.

Thanks
    2021 T@b 320 S Boondock
    2020 F150 2.7l V6 Turbo
    Tucson, Arizona
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    edited December 2021
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,427
    I agree that the tube is probably the Alde glycol overflow, but unless you are certain that is where the liquid under the trailer is coming from, I'd do some investigating sooner rather than later. Water pooling down in the "tube tunnel" (I like that name...) could very well find its way out to the ground in that same area.

You do NOT want water dripping back there. That space is not designed to collect or drain water and a leak could lead to structural damage over time.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    @ScottG
    I am confident the water is not coming from the tube.  I think it was from the edge of the trailer.  

Now I will take the cover off and see what water is there.  The leak seems to be fixed.  I just tightened the hose connection to the faucet/shower head. 

Attached photo shows were the leak was (Circle)
    BTW, I got the pump working this morning by filling up the filter housing with water. This was enough to prime it. 

2021 T@b 320 S Boondock
    2020 F150 2.7l V6 Turbo
    Tucson, Arizona
  • Options
    Everyone,
    I removed the panel (Thanks @Sharon_is_SAM for the links and @ScottG for the advice) and could not see much water back there. Just a few damp areas on the floor. I noticed A little light on the floor from the outside. That hole is probably where the water on the ground came from.
    At least know I know where the Alde fill tank is and how to get to it.
    Also, I know were the third Alde radiator is now, right above the toilet.
    I will trust that not much water flowed there and the dry Arizona weather will have things dry out soon.  Not much else I can do anyway.

Thanks everyone for your help.  There is a lot to learn.
    Kirk
    Pictures for those who want to see the what is behind the 2021 Tab bathroom access panel.  The Alde reservoir is the plastic bottle on the right. 

Below is a view looking to the bottom of the trailer, driver side.  I think the white dot is a hole that caused the water to drain out.  The Alde radiator is the silver object on the left.  The shower hose is to the right. 

2021 T@b 320 S Boondock
    2020 F150 2.7l V6 Turbo
    Tucson, Arizona
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,427
    Glad it was a simple fix and no apparent damage. Thanks for the pics--that definitely looks like an intentional opening in the floor, but if so it's something new.

Is there a place for the heat from the convector to escape into the the room? It looks like it's pretty sealed up in there when the access panel is in place.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    That is the last convector in the series, before the glycol is circulated bck to the boiler, and is there more to provide heat to the toilet holding tank and water lines, to prevent cold weather (freezing) damage, than heating in the washroom. It might heat up the space a bit, to make taking showers more comfy.  
    Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.