Options

2017 T@B 320 CS fresh water tank too full?

2017 T@B 320 CS leaking (?) water just inboard of street side tire.  Filled fresh water tank earlier today for weekend camping trip to nearby National Forest - no potable water or hookups.  Still learning how to use the T@B's plumbing, suspect I may have overfilled fresh water tank if that's possible.  Suggestions?  Taking plenty of fresh water too, just wondering what's going on.

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,705
    What little "spout" under the trailer is the water coming from? Each "spout" under the trailer matches a drain.  If you can get down there and see where the water is coming from, that will help
    This is the part of the files holding the "Winterizing Manuals".  In Winterizing 101, find the file for the CS and have a look at the pictures.  The drains on the CS are farther back, but one of those drain valves may be open: there is cold (blue pipe) drain, hot (red pipe) drain, and last, but not least, the Yellow Flapper Valve.  Check those drains. 
    One odd thing that happens on my 2017 is when I am filling using the fresh water inlet, I often wind up with water slopping out of the little filler area, traveling down the lower keder rail, and dripping off the trailer right about at the wheel area.  My trailer does not have an "overfill" valve, so if you overfill using the fresh water inlet, it will just splash back at you.
    This thread has a set of photos showing a non-CS Alde compartment with the drains, and pictures of the "spouts" under the trailer.  See if you can match the drip with a drain in the trailer.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,529
    Unlike newer TaB models, there is no specific fresh tank over fill on the 2017 CS.  The water simply comes back out the fill port.  Not sure exactly where you have located the water leak, but I agree with @pthomas745 about water traveling along the Keder rail.

@mmcneil72 - I looked at your previous posts - you have a CSS, not a CS.  Your A/C condensation hose empties out just in front of the driver side wheel.  Is that it?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    mmcneil72mmcneil72 Member Posts: 46
    Quick update before crawling under to check spouts - NOT the A/C drain b/c we never use it (or rather haven't yet anyway, other than to make sure it works).

Thx for photo of drains!  Might have to color code them for future reference.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,529
    @mmcneil72 - the drains in the above link are from an S.  The CSS glycol overflow is a tiny, clear plastic tube under the driver side front corner.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Welp.  Our 2017 320 CSS has the full belly pan, so further investigation is postponed until next - only one drain show and of course it's as dry as a bone.

BUT the main concern I had was that by filling the fresh water tank in the yard then driving off the curb, I had somehow damaged the tank.  No visible damage to belly pan, thankfully.

Any recommendations for raising the T@B's suspension some, short of replacing the axle.  Living in SOCO (southern Colorado) about 12 miles from NM border, we expect more boondocking, not less, but wary of any big expenditures.

Thanks again and will update after dropping the pan and further inspection.

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,432
    edited June 2022
    No, the only way to raise the trailer is to replace the axle with the higher pitched Boondock axle.  That is what we ended up doing.  You can use the original road tires and wheels, or for additional clearance add the larger Boondock tires.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Denny16, about what did the axle swap cost?
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    It cost us around $900 in mid 2020, plus 1hr of shop time.  The axle,and wheels were delivered fro, nüCamp to our TaB dealer with their normal TaB shipment from nüCamp, saving us shipping costs.
     Cheers 
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,303
    @Denny16, I worry about ground clearance also. How much did you gain with the axle swap?
    Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    About 3 to 4”, part of this is the axle and the rest is the larger diameter off-road type tire, that came with the new axle.
     Cheers