Options

recommendation for cover T@B 320S

halfhalf Member Posts: 6
edited December 2022 in Products and Accessories
Just bought a 320 S and I am new to RVing. Can someone recommend a good cover?  Also a short list of essentials (other than a hitch lock and surge protector.  Thanks. 

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    Welcome to the forum!  I did a quick search and came up with lots of threads.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,283
    The first essential that pops into my head is some kind of interior fan for moving air to reduce condensation. Venting alone doesn't always do the job and the roof fan pumping out heat while drawing in cold can be a problem in really cold weather.
    Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    PNWtabberPNWtabber Member Posts: 491
    Everyone seems to have different experiences with covers, they are all susceptible to deterioration from UV exposure.  I just got a new Pahaque cover for mine, will see how long it lasts.

You will likely need leveling and stabilizer blocks of some sort.  Lots of options out there.

Enjoy your new trailer.
    2018 T@B 320 S Boondock  |  2015.5 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD  |  Seattle, WA, USA
    "Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures.”― Lovelle Drachman

• Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 419
    We had the $90 Classic Accessories and it lasted a couple years before disintegrating.  It fit great.  We replaced it with an East Harbor teardrop cover which fits big for $65.  It's currently out of stock on Amazon.
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • Options
    Basil48192Basil48192 Member Posts: 261
    We bought the Pahaque as well.  I just put in on for the third winter...and it still looks like new.  It fits well and (with a few extra bungee cords at the bottom) doesn't 'flap around' very much...even in a strong wind.  
  • Options
    Dame_plumeDame_plume Member Posts: 75
    Welcome to you @half . I bought the AllPro adventures cover for the 320S.  Your essentials will depend on your camping habits.  Do you plan on boondocking a lot or go to campgrounds, for long or short trips?  I actually have two sets of must bring:  2-3 days or 5+ days plus.  I go mostly to campgrounds.  My favorites are my B.A.L. leveler and my Walker tent for longer stays.
    Sylvie and Mike, Ontario, Canada / 2020 Tab 320S (Charlie) / 2021 Chevrolet Colorado LT (V6) Enhanced Towing Package
    "The only place where you start at the top is when you dig a hole"
  • Options
    We bought the Pahaque as well.  I just put in on for the third winter...and it still looks like new.  It fits well and (with a few extra bungee cords at the bottom) doesn't 'flap around' very much...even in a strong wind.  
    I purchased a new Pahaque cover last winter to replace the used one that came with my second-hand trailer.  I only recently got around to putting the new cover on my trailer, and the new one has 4 straps, rather than the 2 straps on the older version.  Seems very secure.

• Options
    jbajorjbajor Member Posts: 135
    I purchased a cover from All Pro Adventures as they were the only company that had one specifically for my Ultimate Toys teardrop…. Super impressed with quality and workmanship. I suspect it will hold up a long time.
    Ultimate Toys Teardrop Camper
    Volvo XC-40
    SF Bay Area, California
  • Options
    jbajorjbajor Member Posts: 135
    Welcome to you @half . I bought the AllPro adventures cover for the 320S.  Your essentials will depend on your camping habits.  Do you plan on boondocking a lot or go to campgrounds, for long or short trips?  I actually have two sets of must bring:  2-3 days or 5+ days plus.  I go mostly to campgrounds.  My favorites are my B.A.L. leveler and my Walker tent for longer stays.
    +1 on BAL leveler! Also fresh water hose in case you need to refill and a grey/black water line if you need to dump when away.  Also spare fuses, particularly 15a automotive if you pop the 12v outlet fuse with too many accessories. 
    Ultimate Toys Teardrop Camper
    Volvo XC-40
    SF Bay Area, California
  • Options
    DukeHewettDukeHewett Member Posts: 41
    We've had both the Pahaque and the Classic PolyPro3 covers.   The Pahaque is definitely heavier and more expensive, BUT it fell apart after less than 5 years.
    The Classic lasted about a little over 2 years, BUT they have a 3 year guarantee.
    We sent them a copy of our receipt and pictures of the torn cover and they sent us a new one!   The Classic is easier to put on because it is lighter and more flexible than the Pahaque.  We will stay with the Classic covers because who knows if we'll keep the T@B 320 five more years and we could buy 3 Classic Covers for the price of one Pahaque.
  • Options
    Thanks to you ALL.  Feel like a lot to learn.  @Dame_plume do you have specific separate lists that you are willing to share? My sense is that it will be shorter trips and, being a tent camper up until now I anticipate more boon docking.  Thanks.  So the BAL levelers raise the wheels independently for leveling apparently. 
  • Options
    Thanks @AnOldUR.  Have read some about small dehumidifiers but obviously that would only work with power connection.  Anyone have experience using the DampRid product?
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    We have used this for 5-1/2 years now..
    Classic Accessories Over Drive PolyPRO3 Deluxe Teardrop Trailer Cover, Fits 10' - 12', Tear-Resistant, Travel Trailer Storage Cover, Compatible with R-Pod Trailers, Clamshell Trailers, Grey/White
    https://a.co/2vEH7Wg
    It's starting to fray in spots & has a 3/4" hole in one spot, but still in decent shape.  Just to be sure we will have a replacement when needed, I recently bought another one.  We'll likely get at least 6 yrs out of it, though it only stays on during the off-season, mid-Nov through mid-Apr.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited December 2022
    The fan for moving air is mainly for when you're camping, specifically in cool weather, as your body moisture condenses on the cool walls. Often just leaving a window cracked will remedy that. Otherwise air movement's a good idea, and some ceiling fans (ie: MaxxAir) provide for that without opening the vent. We've never tried just moving the air - Thanks @AnOldUR, will have to try it with our MaxxAir!

As for the question of a dehumidifier, that's more something you would use in storage, and it likely will depend on your climate. When we were newbies, many people warned to use a dehumidifier, so I bought a few small, battery-operated ones. However, Western New York weather is dry in the winter, and I haven't had any need for the dehumidifiers! We'll warm up the Tab for a few days with the Alde to dry it out in the fall, and then crack the ceiling vent for the winter. Also, we always leave the windows and ceiling cracked when we're not camping.

I could see a dehumidifier being more something needed for winter storage in the south or southeastern part of the country, where dampness might stay in your upholstery, etc.

+1 for the Classic cover. We've used ours for four winters now, but figured it's cheap enough to replace every few years, if necessary.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    half said:
    Thanks @AnOldUR.  Have read some about small dehumidifiers but obviously that would only work with power connection.  Anyone have experience using the DampRid product?

I think it really depends on where you are.  I'm in the Seattle area, we generally have mild winters with a lot of moisture in the air.  I initially used Dri-Z-Air in my trailer (similar product to DampRid).  I didn't like having to keep an eye on the the water level in the reservoir and refilling the crystals/pellets.  That being said, it definitely pulled a lot of water out of the air and lots of people use these products when storing their trailers.  But don't expect to just leave it for the whole winter, as you may need to refill the crystals and empty water from the reservoir.

Since I have my trailer at home and can keep it on shore power, I opted to purchase an electric dehumidifier.  It has a fan to circulate the air and just a little bit of heat.  We've had a few days this week where our temps were in the 20s (F) and my trailer stayed above freezing inside.

My dehumidifier is by Caframo.  I bought it from Cabelas, but it is now available on Amazon.  It is designed to be used in boats and RVs.  DampRid and Dri-Z-Air are, I believe, designed to be used in closets, etc. in houses.
    https://www.caframobrands.com/9406caabx.html

• Options
    webers3webers3 Member Posts: 404
    5th season in the North East

2017 T@B 320S   2019 Jeep Cherokee - Southern Connecticut