Options

Lagun Table -- how to install

It only took me 20 minutes to install my Lagun table platform and hardware (minus the tabletop that I'm not done with). 

The box includes a photo with instructions. It's easy to follow. 

Mark the center of the rear dinnette face panel. I also measured and marked the center of the bracket.

Be sure to keep the top of the bracket at the same height as the top of the dinette panel. Mark your holes.

Drill your holes. Be sure to pay attention to the lower right hole. It gets a 3/4" screw, not a 2" hole because of the Alde being behind it.  Install the screws. 

Slide your table hardware down through your bracket and tighten using the black handle at the height you choose. Put the horizontal table top support on the table upright. Use the 3 black handles to tighten as needed. 

The table top support is just under 8"x12". The headlamp is being used as a size reference.

This is the upright table support.

Slide your table around as you want.  Attach your table top and enjoy.
Verna, Columbus, IN
2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Thanks Verna.
    Centering on back won't work for the way I use the inside of the T@B. Mounted to the drivers side bench would be better - Think that's possible?
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    PXLated said:
    Thanks Verna.
    Centering on back won't work for the way I use the inside of the T@B. Mounted to the drivers side bench would be better - Think that's possible?
    You will have to put extra 2x4's to attach your bracket on the driver's side.  Check the 2x4 structure towards the passenger side of the Alde.

I wanted mine on the driver's side, too, but I have my microwave next to the bathroom wall. I may still order an extra bracket to see if I can rearrange the driver's side to install the hardware there. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Thanks Verna - Will have to look at both areas and see what I'd need to do. Two brackets would be nice for the flexibility.
  • Options
    You're welcome, PXLated.

OK, I had an outside outlet installed which required a splice box on the inside of the driver's side storage. This is in the way of me putting a 2x4 structure to support the Lagun support bracket. Plus, the wheel well is in the way, too. I'll think more about it. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    jdargisjdargis Member Posts: 305
    Is the upright bracket far enough from the front edge of the cushions.  Being I don't have the the Lagun table support yet, it looked with the rear cushions down, the cushions would not fit, with the upright bracket in place.  Just, curious.
  • Options
    jdargis - Good point - My cushions (including the base board) stick out a bit.
  • Options
    My cushion stick out over the edge also. This location is at the intersection of the cushions, so the "pole" comes up through the crack between the cushions.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Good information Verna, thanks for sharing!  I was wondering about the cushions too but it sounds like things will work out.  Looking forward to getting mine any day now.
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    John_and_KrisJohn_and_Kris Member Posts: 302
    Verna: Have you decided on a table top yet? Our Lagun arrives Monday 30th. We are thinking of a table that when not "in use" would swivel back toward the back upright bed rest and then lower all the way down as and of a side table when we are on the side cushions. John
    John - Kris & our Golden "Blossom"
    South Carolina
    Live simply,Love generously,Care deeply,Speak Kindly,Leave the rest to God
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Nice write up, @Verna. I am also curious about the driver side. You have to be careful on the sides not to hit the radiators, I would imagine.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    John&Kris said:
    Verna: Have you decided on a table top yet? Our Lagun arrives Monday 30th. We are thinking of a table that when not "in use" would swivel back toward the back upright bed rest and then lower all the way down as and of a side table when we are on the side cushions. John
    John and Kris, you have almost infinite movement of the table in the 360* realm. The picture instruction sheet tells you precisely how high to position your bracket, which will give you the position you want to use it on the sofa as a side table. 

My table top will be made out of cherry (a good contrast against the birch interior). Mine will be approximately half the size of the original table, give or take some. I'm toying with having a larger table top that will clamp over the smaller table top, but I may not get that done in the next 4 weeks. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    jkjenn said:
    Nice write up, @Verna. I am also curious about the driver side. You have to be careful on the sides not to hit the radiators, I would imagine.
    Thanks, Jenn. There are no radiator pipes on the driver's side. You do have all of the wiring going to the converter, plus the incoming water pipes and the return water pipes for the shower and sink. And the GFI outlet and CO detector. There's not a lot of room for extras on that bench seat front. I have all winter to look at it!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    sabelsabel Member Posts: 283
    Verna,
    I have several questions for you.
    Do you plan to use the table top as the bed platform too? I didn't see any cleats on the bench sides.
    On the rear bench seats, both cushions have plywood bottoms. Does the table support (pole) fit OK between the crack in the plywood bottoms as well as the cushions?
    Thanks
  • Options
    sabel said:
    Verna,
    I have several questions for you.
    Do you plan to use the table top as the bed platform too? I didn't see any cleats on the bench sides.
    On the rear bench seats, both cushions have plywood bottoms. Does the table support (pole) fit OK between the crack in the plywood bottoms as well as the cushions?
    Thanks
    Sabel, I'm a solo camper and I just keep a twin mattress set up on the folded down sofa. So, no, I will not use the table top for the bed platform--too bulky for me. My table top will be smaller than the original table top. I do have the rails ready to put on the side benches, but I had to put everything back on the bed before I could start on the rails, and I will be cutting some cherry for bed slats, although they will probably never be used. 

I did have to wiggle the bottom cushions apart to get the post to fit between the cushions. I couldn't feel any deep crevices left by this adjustment. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    sabelsabel Member Posts: 283
    I suppose you could take the fabric off just at the corners, 45 the plywood corners, and restapple the fabric. It's going to be a bigger problem if the pedistal is mounted on the side bench.
  • Options
    sabel said:
    I suppose you could take the fabric off just at the corners, 45 the plywood corners, and restapple the fabric. It's going to be a bigger problem if the pedistal is mounted on the side bench.
    Not really, because the cushions don't have the plywood attached to them. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Verna - On my 2015, the cushions/fabric wrap around the plywood bases as sabel refers to. Fabric is stapeled to the bottom side of the plywood. Think mine would have to be notched a bit.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Verna; Thanks for the response.Since we moved into a smaller home I gave all my wood tools etc away. Regret that now would love to make our own table but we had no space in garage. Will look at table tops they have at Lowes and see what I can do with a "jig saw" I did keep and then will hand rub with tongue oil.
    Thanks again John
    South Carolina
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    John&Kris said:
    Verna; Thanks for the response.Since we moved into a smaller home I gave all my wood tools etc away. Regret that now would love to make our own table but we had no space in garage. Will look at table tops they have at Lowes and see what I can do with a "gig saw" I did keep and then will hand rub with tongue oil.
    Thanks again John
    John, there was a discussion about using table tops from IKEA. They looked good.  If you make your own, try using about 10 coats of wipe-on poly. Long lasting, smell disapates quicker. Can put more than one coat on in a day. Very durable finish and you don't have to worry about drips or runs. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    jdargisjdargis Member Posts: 305
    If the cushions protrude out to much, I plan to space the upright bracket out with an equal size piece of hardwood, using longer screws to compensate for the spacer.  I figure where the bracket is located, sticking out a little further won't interfere with our legs.

We had a table top made up the size of the original table but 6" shorter, so we still use it as a bed support, with one 6" slat board.  The table is made up with 3/4 plywood, laminated with a light maple, Formica laminate, covering the top, sides and bottom.

I will be mounting this to the new Lagun table support, from the original table legs.
    Just, waiting on delivery of the Lagun.

• Options
    Verna. Thanks on my "list"
    South Carolina
  • Options
    Verna said:
    jkjenn said:
    Thanks, Jenn. There are no radiator pipes on the driver's side. You do have all of the wiring going to the converter, plus the incoming water pipes and the return water pipes for the shower and sink. And the GFI outlet and CO detector. There's not a lot of room for extras on that bench seat front. I have all winter to look at it!
    Are you sure?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Jenn - There aren't in my 2015 Max-S. There's the CO detector and the AC/DC outlets where those slots are to the right of the fuse box.
  • Options
    Jenn, our T@B's are built differently. I have no Alde radiator pipes on the driver's side.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    Jenn - There aren't in my 2015 Max-S. There's the CO detector and the AC/DC outlets where those slots are to the right of the fuse box.
    Wow. Same model, same model year, different set-up. Who'd of thunk it? My CO2 detector is on the passenger bench and no outlets on either side bench, just the ac dual outlet mon the rear bench.

I am thinking I might be able to mount it between the radiator and the converter, above the surge protector display.

• Options

Here's my driver's side. I couldn't get it to load awhile ago. There is now an electrical splice box between the converter and the GFI outlet. The CO detector is on the shower side of the GFI outlet.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    @Vernait looks like the cables have been moved to protect them from damage in the event of delamination and the tire well getting ripped off. I wonder if the outlet and the CO2 detector were also after-market changes?

• Options

jkjenn said:
    PXLated said:
    Wow. Same model, same model year, different set-up. Who'd of thunk it? My CO2 detector is on the passenger bench and no outlets on either side bench, just the ac dual outlet mon the rear bench.

I am thinking I might be able to mount it between the radiator and the converter, above the surge protector display.
    Jenn, as I told PXLated above here, I think there should be a 2x4 mounting system for the table pedestal. While I'm sure others will disagree, I prefer to build and attach the table pedestal once and to not be injured because I took a shortcut. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    If by after market you mean after delivery from the factory, no, not on mine. Factory delivered on a Sunday, dealer installed batter/propane on monday and I picked up on tuesday morning. Plus, my dealer wasn't set up for that type of work. Sales only.
  • Options
    Jenn, all work shown in the photo was performed by the factory. The splice box (not shown) was installed at Tearstock. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN