Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    The only thing I miss without a microwave is quick popcorn :-(
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    PXLated said:
    The only thing I miss without a microwave is quick popcorn :-(
    I do like my microwave popcorn. I'll share if our paths cross this winter. I have some of the Boy Scout's Lite microwave popcorn--love it!  

When I was boondocking last winter I found sone "Indiana Popcorn" pre-popped on Fry's and it was pretty good. Strange that I can rarely find it here in Indiana!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    I did discover that they still make JiffyPop - Hard to find though.
  • Options
    Pop-T@BPop-T@B Member Posts: 199

You can find Jiffy Pop at Rural King and Menards, if you have these stores in your area they keep it in stock.

• Options
    Never heard of Rural King. Menards is midwest so familiar with that. I found mine the last time at a Safeway, kind of hidden on a bottom shelf. If I hadn't recognized the little handles I'd have missed them.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Verna said:
    cbarnhill said:
    Verna, I like yours and Frank's idea of putting the micro in the spot where the drivers side cushion is. It would be great not to lug it in and out. The straps work ok from keeping it bouncing around? 
    Yes, the straps work. Make sure you put a strap around the door. My old one never opened during travel, but this one does.  I keep my microwaveable cups, bowls, etc (BPA free plastic, made for microwaving) inside and I came up with the strap idea after my first day of travel. 
    Did you use tie down anchors?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    jkjenn said:
    Did you use tie down anchors?
    No, I actually used a utility grade of a drawer handle.  The straps I used aren't ratchet straps. I didn't want to put that much ratcheting force on the microwave. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    I have vent hoses that limits the thickness of any type of backing board I would put inside the bench area on the driver side. A 2x4 is out of the question. Would plywood be sufficient?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    jkjenn said:
    I have vent hoses that limits the thickness of any type of backing board I would put inside the bench area on the driver side. A 2x4 is out of the question. Would plywood be sufficient?
    Jenn, I actually usd 3 pieces of 3/4" plywood. This was because of different obstacles in the way.  It worked all winter. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Thanks, @Verna. Three pieces to increase thickness or to cover the surface area of the plate (indirectly)?

• Options
    mash2mash2 Member Posts: 581
    I just used 3" wide, 3/4" birch segments cut to size to fit inside bench (only one board thickness and two separate board to cover the area I needed inside the bench).  I went with boards rather than plywood.  Would have used a harder wood if I didn't have some birch laying around.
  • Options
    jkjenn said:
    Thanks, @Verna. Three pieces to increase thickness or to cover the surface area of the plate (indirectly)?
    3 piece for thickness and support. I also used a 3/4"
    piece of birch on the outside of the cabinet so the Lagun upright support would not interfere with the bed slat rail. And the plywood I used was birch plywood which I consider much stronger than standard plywood (smells better, too!).
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Thanks, @Vernaandand @mash2

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    For those mounting the mounting plate, just make sure you use some good wood glue on the screws that go into the wood as these do tend to loosen up over time and the wood glue will help to keep them secure and in place.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Guten_TaBGuten_TaB Member Posts: 7
    I installed a Lagun table system on the driver's side of our CS-S. I used a solid piece of oak1x6 to space out to clear the the bed slat cleat. On the back of the panel I screwed a ¾ inch plywood cut to fit within the frame of the panel. I bolted the mount plate with 3" S/S bolts, lock washer and lock nuts.  For a table top I used the bed slat that's used with the original table. Over time I'm looking for another table top solution.
    Eva and Martin, Guten_T@B, Sacramento, California. 2016 T@B Max CS-S
  • Options
    JeanneJeanne Member Posts: 65

Finally finished Lagun table mod. Just in time to head out on a two week "Red Rock" parks tour. So excited. Table works as slat for bed. The dog will like having more sleeping area too, but she is happy to be staying home this trip. 

2014 T@B S Max, TV 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit, Richland, WA
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Jeanne, nice finish on the table. What did you use?
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    JeanneJeanne Member Posts: 65
    Used a bar top epoxy. 
    2014 T@B S Max, TV 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit, Richland, WA
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Jeanne, let us know if you're ever up in this area [Spokane], like to get together with other folks from around here. Was supposed to get together with dalehelman last week, but the dentist got in the way! Great job on the table top!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    RonRon Member Posts: 137
    Has anyone tried to use the original table top on the Lagun mount?
    2016 T@B MaxS, 2018 Jeep Rubicon 4dr, Rural Scottsdale, Az.
  • Options
    Ron - Was talked about once somewhere. Think the general consensus was it was too heavy.