Options

Lagun Table -- how to install

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Verna - How wide is that bracket? The only place on that side bench to mount it for me is between the AC outlet and the fuse box.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited November 2015
    PXLated said:
    Verna - How wide is that bracket? The only place on that side bench to mount it for me is between the AC outlet and the fuse box.
    I'll have to measure it tomorrow. I "think" a bit over 4" wide.  And I would agree, but that means I wouldn' t be able to place my bracket in that location because of my splice box that Austin installed. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    USWildflowersUSWildflowers Member Posts: 177
    My 2015 Max-S is configured like Jenn's - radiator on both the driver and passenger side. CO / propane detector on passenger side in front of radiator. GFI outlet is on the back bench.
    gerry - Flintstone, GA - 2015 T@B S - 2012 Toyota Highlander

• Options
    PXLated said:
    Approximately 3 1/2" x 6 1/2". Give or take 1/8" or so ;-)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Thanks Verna - Will fit centered on the front side of the (drivers side) bench - Will have to dig inside and see what I have to contend with and if it can be reinforced.
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited November 2015
    If you are worried about the pedestal hitting the bench you could probably offset it a bit off the bench (with a piece of wood fit to size) and use longer screws to mount it to the bench.  I just received my pedestal this afternoon and was impressed with it and that they included the rails for the bed slats..

Of extra note, the bed slat side rails are made in a manner that will allow for the bed slats and also will keep the heat run open too for the Alde unit, so no worries there.  The pedestal unit is rock solid, ratchets down firmly and will work nicely in eliminating the large table that came with my 2015 T@B unit.  My trailer is set-up like Verna's and the Alde heat runs are along the passenger side and rear bench of my trailer.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    sabelsabel Member Posts: 283
    Mike
    You call them rails, I call them cleats (as in shelving cleats ). If the rails are included, that must mean that Little Guy plans on providing a table top that seconds as the bed platform. Is that your understanding? I made my rails to miss the hot air holes too.
  • Options
    sabel said:
    Mike
    You call them rails, I call them cleats (as in shelving cleats ). If the rails are included, that must mean that Little Guy plans on providing a table top that seconds as the bed platform. Is that your understanding? I made my rails to miss the hot air holes too.
    I call them cleats, too. Thank you, Sabel!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    John_and_KrisJohn_and_Kris Member Posts: 302
    Well my Lagun arrived last night WITH 2 rails ( I like rails Mike) so I would assume we are right that one of the dimensions of the table will be for it to be used as "slats" to support a full bed. My 2 cents is that if they duplicate the existing dimension of the current collapsable table it will be too big even when swung back. We are going to try and do a smaller version.  The FUN begins now.
    Perhaps we should all give our plans to Mike as he has a connection with a great woodworker....only kidding Mike
    John
    John - Kris & our Golden "Blossom"
    South Carolina
    Live simply,Love generously,Care deeply,Speak Kindly,Leave the rest to God
  • Options
    sabel said:
    Mike
    Okay, cleat, rails....  whatever works!  LOL

Things are no doubt changing down in Ohio and have heard nothing regarding the size or dimensions of their new table top, but with the Lagun table pedestal do believe that bed slats will be provided down the road on future models.  

I will see what they say and post up any information provided.  
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357

I've been using this great little folding table from HomeDepot:

www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-Adjustable-TV-Activity-Table-37129PLB8H/204437896

$17.00, VERY lightweight and the top is the perfect size to fit over the passenger seat cushion with the new Lagun pedestal base.

I just ordered the Lagun and will attempt to install it on the passenger side. I'll keep everyone posted as to progress.  Hats off to Dalehelman for suggesting this folding table in his "pre-Lagun" table mod posted on the forum.

Outback

2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    sabelsabel Member Posts: 283
    I just dug our T@B out of the snow and took some measurements. The back seat cushion with plywood base sticks out beyond the bench wall by about 1 1/2". That's way too much to simply shim the bracket. Also too much to cut a notch in the bench I think. Guess we'll leave things as is.
  • Options
    sabel - Mine only sticks out a half inch.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Sabel, I think I 'm going to make a 1 1/2" thick "backplate" for behind the bracket. It will be the same size as the bracket, or I may get a bit fancier. I'll use 3" screws to screw the backplate on the front of the plywood panel, and then use the supplied screws to screw the bracket to the backplate. That would put the upright for the Lagun outside of the sofa cushions. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    I know the new table pedestal is clever and will work great for those who order it and can make it fit, but I have to say that I am perfectly satisfied with my folding table (similar to what sabel has).  I can easily move it to any position, including outside, and it folds out of the way and stores nicely between the cushions and mattress when not needed.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Verna said:
    Sabel, I think I 'm going to make a 1 1/2" thick "backplate" for behind the bracket. It will be the same size as the bracket, or I may get a bit fancier. I'll use 3" screws to screw the backplate on the front of the plywood panel, and then use the supplied screws to screw the bracket to the backplate. That would put the upright for the Lagun outside of the sofa cushions. 
    If you look, the guy who did this install said it came with a pre-drilled piece of plywood for behind the mounting plate. Is that no longer the case? http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/topic/4643-lagun-cockpit-table/page-7

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    RZRBUG - And we're all glad for ya. 
  • Options
    jkjenn said:
    If you look, the guy who did this install said it came with a pre-drilled piece of plywood for behind the mounting plate. Is that no longer the case? http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/topic/4643-lagun-cockpit-table/page-7
    I'm not a member of that forum, Jenn.

Did he buy the Lagun from Pleasant Valley? I've not seen a parts list from Pleasant Valley, so I was mildly surprised to receive all of the screws needed for the bracket, the cleats (rails), and the screws for the cleats/rails.  The screws to attach the table top to the Lagun are not included...I think (I haven't gotten that far). I just checked on Facebook and Scott didn't mention a parts list. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    RZRBUG - And we're all glad for ya. 
    :) I'm that rugged guy, remember?  One of the reasons these trailers are so great is that you can pretty much set them up any way you want.  I'd bet if you saw a dozen of them going down the highway, no two of them would be exactly alike.  Based on what I've read on the forum, many of the same models even come from the factory set up/built differently.  Anyway, I'm quite sure I'm not the only one who will pass on the table.  Chocolate ice cream or vanilla? It's all a matter of taste.  OK, you can throw tutti frutti in there too if you want.

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    Hey, Larry, as you say, we all have different things, and even different variations from the factory.

I have a table like yours and I feel cramped with it, but not as much as the original table. When I installed the Lagun hardware the other night, I gave a sigh of relief. It's perfect for me. No more stubbing my feet on the legs of the table. The original table made the trip to my house and then it was taken into the house, where it stays. Hummmm, I may be able to get rid of the original table now!

And, the table like yours will become my outside table, either for the grill or between my chairs. It is more versitle than the larger round table I used at Tearstock. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Good idea Verna!  In as much as I don't need another table out in my deck I can probably donate it to a quilter or maybe let the grandkids use it as a small toy table for a while.  I appreciate the heads up too on the mounting plate offset and will be looking at mine today as my table top is almost done.  My bed slats are all set and the cleats go up today.  

Larry, save the chocolate as I'll take two scoops!  
  • Options
    Which flavor does Booger like? Or isn't he fussy?
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    Which flavor does Booger like? Or isn't he fussy?
    I don't suppose it would surprise you to know that we're both vanilla types.  Nothing fancy here.

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    Plain vanilla or french vanilla? I prefer french.
  • Options
    À chacun son goût.

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    Aaaahaaaa - Thought you had me - "To each their own taste" ;-)
  • Options

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    John_and_KrisJohn_and_Kris Member Posts: 302
    Well according to LG it seems that the table top for the Laguna will not be available until the 2017 Models come out.
    John - Kris & our Golden "Blossom"
    South Carolina
    Live simply,Love generously,Care deeply,Speak Kindly,Leave the rest to God
  • Options
    jdargisjdargis Member Posts: 305
    I have not had a chance to look at our unit for mounting the Lagun bracket, but from looking at the pictures on line, I going to space the bracket out from the cushions with a 1" x 6" x ? piece of hardwood, which wil be mounted to the back wall and also to the 3/4" plywood divider in the back.  My concern with the standard mounting system is, the top 2 screws are going into a 2 x 4 in the end grain,  there will be a lot of pressure on that upper point with the weight and movement, and screws not put in cross grain tend to loosen up.  Plus, my new table top is the same size, except being 6" shorter, so I still have a weight concern, might be overkill, but I don't like problems on the road.
  • Options
    Jdargis, on your 1x6 piece of hardwood, if you use 3" coated deck screws in 6+ places (watch the lower right corner because the Alde is behind it), you would be able to put 4 screws into edge/top grain, with the top two screws going over two inches into the end grain of the 2x4's.  Make sure these first screws are not in the same place that the bracket's 4 screws will be.  This "should" give you enough strength that you shouldn't have to worry about stability. 

Verna, Columbus, IN