Options

T@B Sighting

Comments

• Options
    GaboehGaboeh Member Posts: 8
    East bound on I-10, passing by Picacho Peak at 1503 today. White (or Silver) with black trim being towed by a 4 door Toyota Tacoma (I think).
  • Options
    bryce0lynchbryce0lynch Member Posts: 5
    Over the weekend we drove through Clifty Falls campground in southern Indiana (we were staying nearby at Hardy Lake and were scouting Clifty) and saw a nice silver clamshell T@B surrounded by a sea of larger units.
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Spotter a silver/black T@B being pulled by a black vehicle that was heading through Globe, AZ on 60 headin south. Just got a quick glance.
  • Options
    larrygonlarrygon Member Posts: 255
    I Spy a Yellow T@B parked at the Thousand Trails campground in Cottonwood/Verde Valley 11/05
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
    2015 T@B M@X S White with Grey trim | TV 2021 Ascent Touring | Flagstaff AZ.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    We finally saw a T@B outside of a dealer!  Had to travel all the way to Florida!  Anyone on the forum down here on Anna Maria Island?  Beautiful all blue, Dutchman T@B.  

Sharon
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    irvingjirvingj Member Posts: 335
    edited March 2017
    Wow-- long time no postings!

Who was this??  Still missing our T@B, but spotted this one while visiting Jerome, AZ earlier today... Looks like a new one!

Yes, we were in our T@B replacement, the small Roadtrek Sprinter thing......
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    irvingj, Just now coming out of T@B hibernation myself. Haven't seen one in months other than the dealer lot! Thanks for sharing, and glad you're still around. :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    We sited one about 3 days ago on the Colorado River in  Laughlin Nevada at the Nevada State park campground. Sorry no picture. I know if there is no pictures it didn't happen.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    Not to worry Dale, I've had dreams like that all winter! =)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Thanks, Eric... Saw another T@B briefly while under way a few days ago... But no pic. Only two we've seen in the past 2+ weeks in AZ.

Heading home in a week or so, but can't say I'm looking forward to it: tomorrow morning's forecast for home (west central NH) is +8F! OTOH the 95-100 temps in the Tucson area last week were a bit much for this ol' body!
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    We had a lady following us in a small SUV out on I-25 in New Mexico a few weeks back pulling a yellow T@B.  We exited for lunch at Belen, NM and she did too....  She turned at the light further up in town and I've also wondered who she was?

Who was that masked woman batman????  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Mike - Have had a similar experience, twice - A T@B following me, turn off hoping they'll follow but nope.
  • Options
    TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    T@Bs do not follow. They push you to new horizons. :D
    2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,670
    Last Thursday afternoon, I was northbound just out of Shoshone, Ca and another Outback was pulling into Shoshone towed by a gray (Jeep type) vehicle.  There was also a Tada in the campground at Death Valley.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    The T@DA was probably the one I shared a campground with last week (white with red trim) - They (Judy/John) were headed to death valley.
  • Options
    It was white/red.....is it ok to post pictures of other people's Tabs?  I'm not imposing on privacy or etiquette?
    2017 Outback
  • Options
    pthomas745, really, you asked that question with all the Zombies runnin' around peeking in windows? :o Just sayin', if 'ya own a T@B, you're gonna either have yer picture taken, or be fightin' off the Zombies at either meal time, or bedtime! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    pthomas - Sure, they posted a shot of their T@DA and my T@B within minutes of getting set up - In fact, Verna sent me the pic from facebook almost before I met them :-)
  • Options

Ok, good point.  Here is a shot of a nice TADA in Furnace Creek, March 2017.  The little cold front in the sky created 45MPH headwinds on the I-15 from Baker/Barstow/Berdoo later in the morning, another new experience for me.

2017 Outback
  • Options
    Dat be them. Don't see many T@DAs
    Had the same winds headig west/north from Barstow - Got my second worst gas mileage, was down to 11 mpg. Had 6 hours of steady 40 with gusts to 55 last night, Calm this morning till now as it's picking up again.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I found this winter that I felt more comfortable laying the solar suitcase flat on the ground, rather than on its legs during periods of high winds. I still had solar gain and with the cable padlocked to the T@B and the solar panel, I knew they weren't going to fly....I was in AZ not KS ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    elgolfoelgolfo Member Posts: 22
    Saw  a grey tab today,northbound on 89a between Cottonwood and Sedona,AZ.The tv was a grey outback from Tennessee,had the whole backside covered in stickers,looks like the use it ALOT.
    2007 t@b,no mods at all,2013 Jeep jk 4 door,Sedona,Az and El Golfo de Santa Clara,Sonora,Mexico,
    Tim & Jill
  • Options
    I saw that one, too! :) Never had seen a grey one before... nicely subdued (stealth?).
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited April 2017
    PXLated said:
    Dat be them. Don't see many T@DAs
    Had the same winds headig west/north from Barstow - Got my second worst gas mileage, was down to 11 mpg. Had 6 hours of steady 40 with gusts to 55 last night, Calm this morning till now as it's picking up again.

Did you ever try out my refurbished campsite, wash steps and fire pit in Craggy Wash yet?  I'll bet someone has!  =)
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Mike - Nope, started my westerly migration so will have to check it out next year. Usually pass thru Craggy 2-3 times each year - Nice thing about that spot is you feel like you're out in the wilderness but still only a couple miles from Walmart :-)
    From the pics, looks like you did a great job :-)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    'Cause I'm here.........
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    :lol:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    And that's why I still hang out here...you guys are always good for laughs!

Wife and I are now headed back to NH, after yet another snowstorm back home... Fortunately we're holed up in the Kansas City area now, after touring darned near all of AZ east, north, & south of Phoenix for the past 2-1/2 weeks, all the way from Flagstaff to Bisbee. Even got to Quatrtzsite for a quick overnight on our way to Las Vegas to see our son.

Now we get away from all the cactus and back into cooler weather. Not really looking forward to more snow & our much-anticipated (not) Mud Season back home, but that's the way it goes....

Saw two T@Bs in the past week, but not quick enough for pics: the grey one and one other. Still love to see those little guys, even though we're now driving our Sprinter-based Roadtrek. I'm sure our old T@B is enjoying it's new home in upstate NY.
  • Options
    Just crossed paths with forum member Deac and his Sofitel outside Lone Pine, CA - Then passed a gray CS being towed by a blue pickup crusing thru town on 395.
  • Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    I hope I never have to run from the law pulling my tab...not going to get very far anonymously  ;)
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.