Options

T@B Sighting

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Went right by it 2-3 times last winter and didn't stop :-(
    Not much into landscape photography, too reliant on mother nature. Have had only one day of golden hour light in the last seven days. Had none the three days I was in the badlands. Didn't have any blue hour either. Was cloudy/overcast during both. Of course it was perfectly clear during the high noon flat hours. That's why I got into night light painting. Puts me in  charge of my own photographic journey :-)
  • Options
    DABWCADABWCA Member Posts: 70
    Yesterday I returned home to find a silver T@DA with a MN plate parked on the street by Como Park, almost across from my silver T@B parked in my driveway. By the time I managed to dash inside to get something to write a note, you were gone. I was disappointed to miss you.

Would have loved to meet while you were so close.  Whether or not that happens some other time, it was really a thrill to see you. Happy Trails!
    David -- Saint Paul, MN
    2015 T@B-L "Silver Dr@ggin" towed by 2015 Kia Sorento V6 "Don Poulan"
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890

Spotted last week in the Wal-Mart parking lot in Lexington, NE.  I had parked for the night (they moved on after shopping) and gave a big howdy wave and got no response, so I assume they prefer that a description not be included.  It was the only T@B I saw on my trip.

Also spotted in the Blue Bell Campground in the Black Hills a Little Guy Joey.  Met the couple and had a lengthy conversation.  Interesting little trailer only 48 inches wide and not many extras.  I'm guessing it's a little crowded for two adults and a dog, but they seemed to be having a great time.  The gentleman told me the axle was rated at 2,000 LBS and it had electric brakes factory installed.  Apparently this little beauty was a factory limited edition.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    luv2travelluv2travel Member Posts: 50
    This is a late reply, but that may have been me.  I had just learned that jury duty for that next Monday was cancelled, so I headed to Door County with my T@B- possibly with my kayak?  I never paddled because of the storm- visited art galleries and wineries instead, which was a wonderful substitute!
    2012 T@B L, 2020 Honda Passport Touring
  • Options
    jdargisjdargis Member Posts: 305
    I went out later and met the gentlemen
    that owned the T@B Outback.  He had bought it recently at Prosser Rv, south of Milwaukee.  The Outback model was new at the time and he showed me the features of his model compared to our M@x-S model.  His TV was a Chevy Suburban, I think.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    The Outbacks abound in Door County!! 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Tab sighting this morning, in East Aurora, NY near the Elm Street Bakery... 

Tons of stickers across the back...

Anybody here?
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    RamrodRamrod Member Posts: 164
    Mine is a hit everywhere I go.
  • Options
    TommyTommy Member Posts: 175
    On our recent trip from the bay area to Oregon we saw two Tabs on the road and a little guy in the campground of our first camping location at Crater Lake. While we were checking in at the office of said camping location I ended up playing host and tour guide to a small crowd who had gathered around to see it.
  • Options
    They're EVERYWHERE now!! Muhahahahaha. We shall take over the tiny trailers by storm! *cue mad scientist music score - add some thunder and lightning sounds*

Brain: "Pinky, what do you want to do tonight?"
    Pinky: "Go to T@Bstock and hang with the Glampers and rearrange their flamingos so the colors clash?".........
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    JodellRJodellR Member Posts: 67
    Ratkity said:
    They're EVERYWHERE now!! Muhahahahaha. We shall take over the tiny trailers by storm! *cue mad scientist music score - add some thunder and lightning sounds*

Brain: "Pinky, what do you want to do tonight?"
    Pinky: "Go to T@Bstock and hang with the Glampers and rearrange their flamingos so the colors clash?".........

You know, Ratkity, I am extremely happy to see a Pinky and the Brain reference today.  Still an underappreciated cartoon. I have their wristwatch. At the end of the day, Pinky's hairbrained ideas actually ended up being better than the Brain.   And back on topic. Brain would get an Outback T@b. Pinky's of course would be a delightful white CS-S with a delicious Pink trim to enable him to socialize with all the zombies.
    2015 Yellow/White T@b Max S, 2015 Navy Blue VW Tiguan TV, 2 yr English Bulldog navigator
  • Options
    Oh! You have the wristwatch!!!!! *gasp - dr00l - starts humming the theme song*

Pinky would most definitely have the Glamp thing down to a tad past gaudy (complete with umbrella drinks). Brain would be properly mortified and his picnic table would be full of bubbling flasks, beakers and propane-driven bunsen burners. Minor explosions would ensue periodically.
  • Options
    JodellRJodellR Member Posts: 67
    Ratkity said:
    Oh! You have the wristwatch!!!!! *gasp - dr00l - starts humming the theme song*

Pinky would most definitely have the Glamp thing down to a tad past gaudy (complete with umbrella drinks). Brain would be properly mortified and his picnic table would be full of bubbling flasks, beakers and propane-driven bunsen burners. Minor explosions would ensue periodically.

hahaha, so true!!

2015 Yellow/White T@b Max S, 2015 Navy Blue VW Tiguan TV, 2 yr English Bulldog navigator
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    We met the owners (a frequent poster here and spouse) of a T@B at the wonderful Mount Desert Canpground near Bar Harbor ME this trip. They will remain incognito, but I wanted to say thanks for popping in and introducing yourselves!

And driving home today, we were passed (twice!) by a red and white T@B on the Thruway east of Syracuse, once a little after 1pm and once around 2:10pm. We were the poky silver T@B you zoomed around! Anyone here?
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    IrishCamper74IrishCamper74 Member Posts: 237
    I was heading to work around 3:45am about 2 weeks ago, still sleepy, & passed one about a mile into my drive. Looked silver on silver, headed in the direction of I-84 I'm guessing. First time I have seen one on the road. It got me excited about our purchase. .... and a bit jealous that they were on ther way on an adventure & I was headed to stupid work! lol :lol:
    Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller. ~John Geddes

2017 t@b CS, silver with green trim.
    TV: 2017 Honda Ridgeline.
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    Photomom said:
    We met the owners (a frequent poster here and spouse) of a T@B at the wonderful Mount Desert Canpground near Bar Harbor ME this trip. They will remain incognito, but I wanted to say thanks for popping in and introducing yourselves!
    That's amazing Photomom--we had the exact same experience in the exact same campground! So glad we were able to catch those folks just before they pulled out.  ;-)
    And driving home today, we were passed (twice!) by a red and white T@B on the Thruway east of Syracuse, once a little after 1pm and once around 2:10pm. We were the poky silver T@B you zoomed around! Anyone here?
    And, the next day, a couple from the midwest showed up in a rented red and white T@B. They were headed back home starting Friday--might have been your sighting! 

2015 T@B S

• Options
    Could be, license plate might have been Illinois, they were going too fast to tell. I hate to think what their MPG was, driving Thruway speeds. We barely cracked 13, going east to west at 60mph. 
  • Options
    irvingjirvingj Member Posts: 335
    And last week while up in the CT Lakes region of NH (with our Roadtrek, sorry…) had to stop by & meet Sue from VT in her & her hubby's yellow T@B. Just had to walk up the hill to say hi. This was at Lake Francis State campground, about 12 miles north of Pittsburg, NH and about 25 miles south of the Canadian border.

Very interesting to peek inside and see the mods! That would be my first T@B sighting this year, though our earlier trip to KY was a tad early for T@Bbers, maybe (Mar-Apr).
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    You folks need to step it up--I'm up to seven T@B sightings this year in northern New England and eastern Canada. Three in campgrounds and four on the road. (And that doesn't count the T@B that lives in the next town over.) I've also seen two T@Gs, a 5-wide, and at least a couple Altos. (Those must be considered a weird cousin of sorts, right?) 
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    There was an Alto at Mount Desert. I saw it come in and made DH walk over to see it after it was set up. We were shameless zombies- the guy saw us looking and pointing and came out to see what we were up to. Apologized profusely but he said he's used to it. 

I had briefly considered an Alto but the euro look and cost put me off. And we wanted something with minimal set up that didn't need to be popped up in any way. 
  • Options
    I'm sitting at... Four in campgrounds, two in parking lots, three on the road (not counting those on a flatbed being delivered). Four T@Gs on the road. - Not many for being on the road for 22 months.
  • Options
    PITPATPITPAT Member Posts: 32
    PXLated, I hope that sighting count includes my T@B as one of the two seen a a parking lot! Still laugh about coming out of the BLM office in Havasu and finding YOU parked there. My first PXLated sighting :o
    Patty
    Pittsburgh, PA
    2015 T@B CS-S Maxx  being towed by Nissan Pathfinder

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I came across a number of T@bs this summer and a T@da was heading into Zion's East Entrance as I was heading out.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    PITPAT - Yep, the look on your face was classic - wish I had a video :-)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    And, PXLated, there was me, who found you at one of your favorite campgrounds ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Verna - Yep, you're counted :-)
    As is Sabel.
  • Options
    T@BalongT@Balong Member Posts: 317
    We just returned from a 5000 mile trip traveling from Michigan to the Southwest including Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and Colorado.  Not a single T@B to be seen, although there were a couple of Little Guy Silver Shadows in a campground outside Durango.  I'm thinking that perhaps the T@Bs were seeking a cooler climate up north.
    2015 T@B 320 S, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    Yep - Rare, that's probably why we get the lurking zombies.
  • Options
    Jo_chrisJo_chris Member Posts: 21
    Met a really nice couple with a T@G at a campground in VA in July, also saw one at Shenandoah campground around July 8th. Our first sighting up in CT was this past weekend on Saturday morning while driving Northbound on I95 a T@B was headed south. (We get so excited when we see one!)
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    T@Balong said:
    We just returned from a 5000 mile trip traveling from Michigan to the Southwest including Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and Colorado.  Not a single T@B to be seen, although there were a couple of Little Guy Silver Shadows in a campground outside Durango.  I'm thinking that perhaps the T@Bs were seeking a cooler climate up north.
    You could have stopped by to see mine on your way through Arkansas.  :)

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map