Options

Why did you get a T@B?

VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
This discussion was created from comments split from: Tab 400.
Verna, Columbus, IN
2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,452
    Interesting thread. I got a T@B precisely because it was the smallest package that offered everything I wanted. Despite it's unmatched cuteness and supurb build quality, if I wanted larger with slideouts, etc., I probably would have spent less money and gone with an R-Pod or other smaller TT.

Not challenging anyone's opinion, just curious what drew people to the T@B in the first place. Did you feel like I do, and just decide with time and experience you wanted a little more elbow room?
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    mkbrakefieldmkbrakefield Member Posts: 5
    My husband and I have a 5th wheel that stays in an RV park at the beach, but wanted something we could pull and go other places quickly and easily.  The T@B was mentioned to me early on, but I thought I wanted a vintage trailer because of my membership in Sisters on the Fly. But after looking at so many older trailers, and my husband not wanting to rebuild or repair, we saw the Outback at our recent RV show.  It was love at first site!  Then the more we learned of its durability, quality and lightness, we were sold!
  • Options
    JandJ92010JandJ92010 Member Posts: 304
    My wife and I enjoy more of the primitive type camping, we use to have a Little Guy R/T, but climbing in and out of the small back door, it just wasn't working anymore. We did want to stay "in the family" so a T@B was the way to go. We ordered ours just the way we wanted it, (it's an L)  and couldn't be happier with it. The build quality, customer service, and the passion of everyone here on the forum cannot be beat.
    The HobbiT@B, 2015-L, towed by a2014 RAM C/V
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Size - Wanted something I could get into almost any site I found. If that was still true for the rumored Model 400 I might consider something just slightly bigger.
    Quality - When looking around I wasn't impressed with the build quality of anything in the smaller, stand-alone campers. The T@B stood way above the pack.
    Brightness - The light, natural woodwork stood out and made the T@B seem a lot bigger, airier.
    Alde - I haven't listened to a blower fan for 30+ years (radient heated house) so didn't want to start now.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    It's adorable! Is there any other reason, really?

Seriously, though, the look was a huge part, but confirmed with quality, supportive community, and oh, yes, the wetbath.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    nancentinanancentina Member Posts: 17
    I bought the outback for its higher clearance and ruggedness combined with small size and amenities (toilet/wet bath mainly). I knew we'd need another rv after adopting a few rescue puppies. They need to come with us and I want them to be safe in the trailer with us at night, or for short periods if we are out and about. I didn't see that happening in a tent. 

Picking up tomorrow!
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Queen size bed. Inside kitchen and bathroom. Stereo and TV. Heat and hot water. LED lighting. Can tow with my current vehicle. And so, so cute.

The only thing that gave us pause was the height - my DH is 6'5". But any RV that he could actually stand up in would be ginormous.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    I was looking for a Casita when I ran across the T@B.  Sure am glad I didn't find a Casita first.  The size and look are perfect for my needs.  A dedicated dinette would be nice, but that would mean larger, and I don't want anything larger.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    RamrodRamrod Member Posts: 164
    Compact, lightweight and stylish
  • Options
    mash2mash2 Member Posts: 581
    Large bed, multifunction approach to space, heat and indoor kitchen sold me.  The relative weight and ease of towing sealed the deal.  And the look is distinctive. 
  • Options
    BrookyBrooky Member Posts: 33
    Small foot print, great quality, with all the necessities, couldn't be any happier.
  • Options
    LibrarydragonLibrarydragon Member Posts: 103
    Compact, light weight, ground clearance, quality
    Sara&Carl
    2015 max s outback, TV 2011 RAV4, V6, 4x4, & 2017 Tacoma Off-road 4x4
    Soquel, CA
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    I commute within a 12-county circuit and didn't want to buy a separate tow vehicle. I wanted something easy and comfortable for me solo (which is most of the time), but would expand for hubby and any or all 3 of our 20-somethings.  With the add-a-room, the T@B fit the description.

We're Green Bay Packer fans and were on the lookout for a yellow T@B and were very fortunate to find one.  It was love at first sight, and the love grows stronger every year.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    TaB2goTaB2go Member Posts: 57
    Seen the max s, and was sold. Whats not to like. We have a much larger t.t., but needed something smaller to travel with and the T@B wet bath fit the bill. Did not want to drag our 34' footer 8,000 plus miles thru mountain, etc. I know we are going to have a good time in the T@B in all our travels. Plus its real cute. Hee,hee.    Jim & Edith   Mich.
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    When I bought mine in 2007, the small trailer market was a LOT smaller than it is now. Teardrops (except for the very basic Little Guys) were mostly small custom shops and hard to find, and we also discovered that my husband physically could not sit down and pull his feet into a standard teardrop. I fell in love with the T@B Clamshell from pictures online. We however, did our due diligence and looked at popups and hybrids. Once again, the raised beds were difficult for hubby to get into. We looked at A-frames and trailmanors. All had negatives that we just weren't willing to deal with. (weight, setup time, bed height, price, etc.) The T@B was my first and ultimate choice! Now, having said that, we saw an R-Pod a couple years after we bought the T@B. If they had both been on the lot side-by-side, I might have bought the R-Pod. However, now the longer I've seen the R-Pods, I'm still very glad I have a T@B!! 
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    All of the above plus it fit in my garage.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    It's quality, it's sturdy, it has an inside bathroom/shower, it has a furnace, it's cute, and it's my favorite color. And after owning a 4-wide, and a Silver Shadow, I wanted to stick with the family. So much more character than a Scamp ;-)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    TomStephens1TomStephens1 Member Posts: 88
    FUN.  Goes anywhere.  Makes me smile.  We can tow it with our Subaru Outback.  We love it!
  • Options
    CorbinpiloCorbinpilo Member Posts: 21
    I was looking for a trailer that would allow us to check out the camping/RV lifestyle. I had been researching and dreaming for a couple years. I knew of these trailers but had never seen one, until we saw one at an RV show. My wife fell in love right away. We ordered one a couple weeks later. 

We were sold on the looks and build quality of the T@B and that we could easily tow it with our mid sized SUV. 

Chris & Gina 
    2015 T@B S Max Sofitel 
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,452
    Since this has been spun off into a new thread, please allow me to rephrase my original question to a broader audience:

If a larger T@B (e.g., T@B 400) were available, would you want it in place of your current T@B?

If a larger T@B had been available when you bought your current T@B, would you have wanted it instead?
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    No, and no.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited March 2016
    This was a natural progression for me having previously owned 4-wide, 5-wide and Silver Shadow Little Guy trailers.  My girlfriend has some back issues and the T@B allows her room to stand and be more comfortable in.  I had initially looked at a T&B early on, but did not have the tow vehicle at the time to pull it so I started out my journey in LG trailers.  

I do like the amenities within the smaller trailer, the fact that it tows easily and isn't hanging out there 30 feet behind my tow vehicle.  They are quite the conversation piece and I get a lot of waves from people going by my house when I am out working on the trailer! What more could a guy ask for?  =)
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    No there are plenty of larger trailers.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    ScottG said:
    Since this has been spun off into a new thread, please allow me to rephrase my original question to a broader audience:

If a larger T@B (e.g., T@B 400) were available, would you want it in place of your current T@B?

If a larger T@B had been available when you bought your current T@B, would you have wanted it instead?
    No and No.  BTW, when I first heard of the 400, I started to wonder, "At what size does a teardrop lose its cuteness?"  I haven't seen a 400 except for pictures of the European models and they appear to still have that "teardrop" appeal, but at what point would it morph into some kind of unattractive mutation?  Of course, it's all a matter of personal taste and need.  (Your mileage may vary.)  :)

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    JandJ92010JandJ92010 Member Posts: 304
    I always liked the T@DA's, wish they were still made, but then I would need a bigger tow vehicle. Can't afford it.
    The HobbiT@B, 2015-L, towed by a2014 RAM C/V
  • Options
    larrygonlarrygon Member Posts: 255
    I sold my 28FT trailer and thought I was done. A few years later, was looking for just a "bed on wheels" when visiting some friends who own my old trailer. Had traded my truck for an Outback so needed something light and would fit in the garage. Well the wife started looking and the size went from mypod to T@B. To quote the three bears, "just right!" We purchased the T@B the next day. So no to anything else in the LG family that would be bigger.
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
    2015 T@B M@X S White with Grey trim | TV 2021 Ascent Touring | Flagstaff AZ.
  • Options
    Hans111Hans111 Member Posts: 47
    Like so many T@B owners, we're lifelong tent campers. Even though we're drawn to the comfy amenities, we still want to live from our trailer, not in our trailer. The T@B's not a burden: it's easy, fun, efficient, and well made. If we want to winter in our trailer come retirement, we'll probably look at a slightly larger Airstream. But for now, the T@B is perfect for us!
    Doug
    Des Moines Iowa
    2016 S Max Sofitel
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Nope, don't want a 400. It's taller than 8 ft, so won't fit in my garage!
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Carol - That just means you need a bigger garage ;-)
  • Options
    mash2mash2 Member Posts: 581
    Maybe and maybe (depends on features and size).