Options

Why did you get a T@B?

124»

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,477
    PXLated said:
    Well, we do have some little snots here but they're not snotty :-)
    marknjudy said:
    I thought he WAS being nice. He could have put two different letters between the s and the t, right?
    Hey hey, now. I resemble those comments!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited August 2016
    Don't worry ScottG, you're not alone :-)
    Oh look, there's one in the mirror - Ooops
  • Options
    RVABuffRVABuff Member Posts: 15
    We bought ours because my wife was tired of tent camping and wanted an indoor bathroom.  I wanted something that my Subaru Outback could pull and small enough to get into all the small and back wood campgrounds that a climber, kayaker, and mountain biker likes to camp at.  We looked at other RVs but the T@B was perfect for the two of us and our dog.
    2015 T@B M@X-S, 2017 Ford F150 2.7L V6 Turbo
    Chesterfield, VA
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    marknjudy, True, true! Believe me, Verna would have edited that one. She has a magic wand, just ask her! ;) ScottG, I have a feeling I fall in to that list too! :D
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    That magic wand hurts like a nun's ruler when used on full power! :wink:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378

I will consider myself warned should I ever be tempted to say anything other that what is savory and good.

Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150
  • Options
    Ratkity, I have yet to get zapped, but I tuck & roll a lot! :s marknjudy, There is a fine line, You'll see the edited mark on your comment, WATCH OUT, THE WAND! =)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @ericnliz , and here I thought no one noticed my quiet editing.......I try to keep it so my young great nephews can read the forum--family friendly. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Verna, And God bless you for it, some of us forget once in a while! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    V, we really do appreciate your quick wand waving and keeping our bad brain cells in line (well, for those of us who have them!) :heart:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    If she has the wand on stun, you woun't be able to complain cuz you won't be on the forum anymore :-)
  • Options
    EstancioEstancio Member Posts: 243
    Like many others, our family were tent campers for decades. Finally, I am getting "mature" enough that I prefer not crawling around on the ground. For years I was tempted by tent trailers, but got the T@B instead. We definitely enjoy the camper, but are weary of having to constantly make the change from table to bed and back. Often of late I wish I had saved more and got the 16' airstream. 
    Stancil Campbell
    2011 T@B
    Rockingham, NC

• Options
    DerecoDereco Member Posts: 89
    A few reasons lie behind our Tab purchase:

- rained out from a tenting holiday last year, led us to contemplate a trailer (I don't get much time in summer, given my work, so we need to make that one week count!)
    - we wanted small, and preferably different from run of the mill stuff on the market
    - considered an old Boler, but did not relish finding hidden problems and repairs down the road, which led to new
    - read some reviews on T@b, liked what I saw: small, light, and well-made
    - ordered sight unseen and had it shipped to Newfoundland from Montreal: happy from day 1 
    - like Estancio, a little more room or permanent bed would be nice, but for the amount of use, a T@b should be fine: I'm a fan of tiny houses too...
    - one year in, 21 nights (last fall and this summer so far), no regrets!
    - light weight, small, easy to move around, and good looking! (ditto for the owner?!)

• Options
    Part of it is I don't like exposed fiberglass interior - not warm/friendly at all to me. Didn't like the window treatments, etc and just didn't like the construction quality. And the ones I see in campgrounds just haven't worn well. Have never seen a shaby T@B but see plenty of shabby Scamps.
  • Options
    kmbkmb Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2016
    We bought a T@B because we wanted to be one of the cool kids :-)  I originally wanted an Aframe but hubs wanted T@B so that's what we got and I have no regrets. We like the tab because we are "minimalists" and I didn't want a house on wheels. We like nature and we actually enjoy camping... but we're getting older and a/c, toilet, full kitchen are so nice. T@B is just the best of both worlds.
  • Options
    AnnieoakleyAnnieoakley Member Posts: 22
    Wanted small that I could handle. Love the mountains and now wouldn't mind a slightly bigger bathroom. 
    Ramblin' scramblein' Tumb@lweed   Gray/Red 2016 Max S, Wichita Falls Texas 

What ever you do, what ever your goal, keep your eye upon the donut  and not upon the hole. 
  • Options
    SnapDogSnapDog Member Posts: 53
    I am enjoying reading through some of these older posts. My top 3 favourite reasons people bought T@bs: 

@PXLated  "Have never seen a shaby T@B" -- based on the resale value of every single used Tab I've looked at, they are quality products that will last a lifetime. Old ones and new ones all look good. 
    @kmb"...wanted to be one of the cool kids" -- yep, awesome cool factor. 

And lots of folks mentioned towability (is that a word?) - I sure hope this one is true! 
    Sn@pDog, 2017 Outback, Silver w/black trim
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    We bought ours because it has almost everything our 38' Winnabago had and it fits in our garage at home. No more storage fees. 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun