Options

2017 cs/s vs 2016 cs/s

mytwokidsmytwokids Member Posts: 1
New here, what is the difference between a 2017 cs/s and a 2016 cs/s? Out grew our Silver Shadow and buying a T@B. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    A year.
    Sorry, being snide but unlike cars where they make major changes in model years and none inbetween, the T@B factory makes a lot of little changes throughout the year as they discover problems or react to customer feedback. Ultimately this means one 2016 maybe differnt in slight ways than another 2016 and a 2017 may be different than another 2017.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    We were just at a dealer.  They have made standard in 2017:  included bed slats with a cleat to secure the slats, Lagun table, shades that pull up rather than pull down, screens that pull down rather than pull up, springs struts to support the cabinet doors, different faucet in the galley sink.  I think that is about it.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I thought they also included the digital Alde panel and pump, springs or struts inside the cabinets too.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Yes, the digital Alde, but I think some late 2016 models may have had that installed.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited July 2016
    At least the S models have a 6"x6"x3.5' (approximate size) storage area at the rear of the cabin above the Alde heating fins. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    lapowers57lapowers57 Member Posts: 186
    We have the digital Alde panel in our 2016
    2016 T@B M@X S grey/red 16 Foot Airstream, towed by 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee V6 4x4, Central Connecticut

• Options
    TommyTommy Member Posts: 175
    edited July 2016
    SAM said:
     different faucet in the galley sink. 
    Ooooooohhh ... does anyone have a picture or link to see the new faucet? The faucet in our "early 2016" Outback sucks - it's waaay too far back towards the window and makes for very awkward usage. I hope the new style extends out to at least the middle of the sink.
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    There's pictures somewhere - the faucet actually folds down into the sink as I recall.
  • Options

2017 T@B S under construction with new fold down faucet
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    TommyTommy Member Posts: 175
    edited July 2016
    Thanks Verna - I can't tell from that angle but it actually looks worse haha. The problem with our faucet design is it is way too short and doesn't come out over the middle of the sink far enough. This causes the user to have to duck their head under the cabinet awkwardly - plus water goes all over the place.

On a related note does anyone know if a standard household faucet would work or would it be a different "footprint?"
  • Options
    SubismSubism Member Posts: 38
    My 2016 has the same faucet in the picture.
    Marc and Angie in Burlington, NC. 2018 Ford F150 FX4 3.5L Ecoboost, 2016 320 S Max
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    As does mine. It actually goes almost to the middle of the sink, and once you get used to the controller itself works quite well. The hot and cold are: cold forward, pull handle straight out, hot all the way back and pull handle straight out. To adjust temperature between the two, move handle forward, or backward to obtain desired temperature.  The faucet also folds up or down to the desired position.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Tommy said:
    Thanks Verna - I can't tell from that angle but it actually looks worse haha. The problem with our faucet design is it is way too short and doesn't come out over the middle of the sink far enough. This causes the user to have to duck their head under the cabinet awkwardly - plus water goes all over the place.

On a related note does anyone know if a standard household faucet would work or would it be a different "footprint?"
    Sorry, Tommy, I wasn't allowed to step inside to get a closer photo.  This faucet raises up and out a bit, but I haven 'T tried one.   As I recall, the holes are 4" on center. Other have changed out their faucet, but I just rely on the swivel aerator that costs from $5.95 to $9.95 depending on whether you want white plastic or silver. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Here is a pic of the 2017 CSS galley sink.  Hope it attaches

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,421
    +1 for the swivel adapter. Cheap, easy, and versatile!

Verna said:
    Tommy said:

Sorry, Tommy, I wasn't allowed to step inside to get a closer photo.  This faucet raises up and out a bit, but I haven 'T tried one.   As I recall, the holes are 4" on center. Other have changed out their faucet, but I just rely on the swivel aerator that costs from $5.95 to $9.95 depending on whether you want white plastic or silver. 
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    edited July 2016
    TACOMAGUY said:
    Don't  they have a new table as well 
    Yes, the Lagun Table is now standard.  Here is a pic of the standard table top in an S model.  I saw a CS model at the dealer and it was also mounted in the back.   There is also a Sofitel model table top.

• Options
    T@Bnero said:
    what does it look like in the clam shell
    http://cdn.rvt.com/photos2/0376/6910376/6910376_27.jpg
  • Options
    dundonsdundons Member Posts: 36
    Hi Sam, The link you posted above goes nowhere  :o
     2016 T@B CS/ 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser
  • Options