Options

Post up some shots of your T@B set-up at the camp site!

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    Oreo TaB, were you running the Norcold on battery?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    SeadusterSeaduster Member Posts: 147
    No.... the park was only an hour from my home, so I just put a milk jug of ice in the refrig.  Even though I had no electricity for 4 days, the jug stayed frozen the whole time so nothing spoiled.  Had the seven pin connector on TV checked and it's fine.  Fuses are good, too. Brand new battery.
    2017 white/black trim T@B Outback; 2017 white Subaru Outback; Seattle
  • Options
    So, with the battery shut off in the "On" position you have no lights in the TaB while running the TV?
  • Options
    During two plus hours of driving with the battery disconnect switch in the "ON" position, the battery is not recharging.  I did have power to the lights, etc., because the battery had not fully discharged, but I didn't want to discharge it any further by using features that required the battery.  I did not have electrical hookups.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Check under your hood to make sure the fuse for the charge wire is still good. If you have a volt/ohm meter (multi-meter), you can check the 7 pin plug on your tow vehicle to see if there is 12 volts on your charge wire. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Thanks, Verna.  These have already been checked.
  • Options
    Oreo TaB - was your battery fully charged before departure?
  • Options
    The meter said 12.5
  • Options
    12.8 or 12.7 would be fully charged after sitting a while after charging. 12.5 would be close to what I would expect after a night's usage for TV or DVD, lights, water pump usage, and the Alde hot water and fridge running on propane, but needing a spark from the battery for ignition. This is a hummmmm moment <scratching my head, as you are doing also>.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    edited June 2017
    Depending on your alternator - oops you didn't! and whether you had your frig going on 12V, there still might not be enough umph to give your battery any charge - especially if you have a high amperage set up like V. It might even pull from the trailer battery. Two hours of driving will not add any significant charge to your battery, especially with it also supplying phantom power to the camper. Stop and go, low output alternator, AC on? Driving 8 hours will not significantly add much of a charge to your battery. Your alternator is a trickle charge, like solar.

Edit again... still glad you had a zen-of-a-time! :)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    I think as Ratkitty said, even though your frig was off, the phantom draw will often times still deplete your battery in excess of what your alternator will supply.  Best bet is to have a fully charged battery that you isolate as you travel if it is not needed to run the frig.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @knoxville1915, Looks like a good time. Might wanna keep a close eye on your "cook" though! ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    LauraReyLauraRey Member Posts: 338
    edited June 2017
    Latest short trip:

Red and White, 2017 Max S being towed by a 2014 Honda Ridgeline.  Hello Mountains!
  • Options
    @Verna & @OreoTAB, Mine also reads 12.5 after being plugged in. Let it sit for a little while after you un-plug, and turn off your battery shut-off to the off position for at least an hour, two is better, then re-check. (This way you avoid the phantom drains.) Should go up from 12.5 up to 12.7, or 12.8, mine does.
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @ericnliz, after being so used to my T@B batteries, I was surprised with a 12Ah AGM battery I bought for my kayak's new fish finder. It never came down from 13.3V until after 3 hrs on the lake. Even then it only dropped to 13.2V. It's strange how different batteries act. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Nope... it's been sitting for four days at 12.5.
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 910
    Wapato Lake Campground, just outside of Lake Chelan, WA

2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    @2Cougs that's a beautiful site! We had rain deluge after deluge starting Thursday night at Farragutt till we left Saturday. I'm so grateful for my Bug! The rain was so bad Saturday that when we were running to town for a few things you couldn't see the highway through the rain. Dale and Sandi's son-in-law was towing their boat in it and the bilge pump turned itself on to pump out the rain water! He had never had that happen before! Hope the wedding went well for all, and that you had sunshine!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 910
    @Homebodyatheart - We knew you were up there in that weather!  So sorry not sunny for Mr.'s first trip.  We had very strong winds and the clouds tried spitting once in a while, but much better weather than you and a gorgeous wedding!  I will say, we were pretty dressed up leaving the campground!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    Nice!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Camp on! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    knoxville1915knoxville1915 Member Posts: 60

This is our second trip to Point Lookout in Maryland. A/C worked like a champ (mid 90s with dew-points in the 70s)! Notice the Flowtron bug zapper on the far left...that is a necessity at this park. That is a jerry-rigged LeapAir rain tarp that has served us very well for the interim whilst companies start producing t@b 400 specific awnings and tents. Again, the CampChef range in the foreground has been awesome; hooks up to the propane tank in the boot; keeps the kitchen clean when cooking bacon, etc.

2018 T@B 400 (Rol@nd) towed by 2012 Toyota Tundra CrewMax (C@lgon)
  • Options
    kaneohebaykaneohebay Member Posts: 6
    Dennis
    2018 T@B 320 S "The Blue Magoo", 2017 Nissan Titan
  • Options
    kaneohebaykaneohebay Member Posts: 6
    Oregon High Desert, day 2 of new T@B Adventured
    Dennis
    2018 T@B 320 S "The Blue Magoo", 2017 Nissan Titan
  • Options
    Looks like a good day for solar!