Options

Post up some shots of your T@B set-up at the camp site!

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,679
    edited April 2017
    Site 57 at Furnace Creek Campground in Death Valley NP.  This is the first spot in one of the campground's loops.  There is a large empty area behind the sites, and I swung the T@b around to take advantage of the view to the north.  A great camp spot.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    Dude your truck ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Dalehelman, Was that recent? Looks like a nice spot. ( Dale are those YOUR toys I see?  ;) )
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Ericnliz, I'm pretty sure ratiky had dropped by for a visit. Don't know why she needed a toy hauler as her bike isn't all that big.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410

ericnliz said:

@Dalehelman, Was that recent? Looks like a nice spot. ( Dale are those YOUR toys I see?  ;) )

Last summer we took the grand kids.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770

Twojgrams said:

Ericnliz, I'm pretty sure ratiky had dropped by for a visit. Don't know why she needed a toy hauler as her bike isn't all that big.

Bahahahaha. That leetle bike is deceptive. It weighs 750#... without me on it.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    fiddlefootfiddlefoot Member Posts: 62
    edited April 2017
    Looks like the photo resize requirement is gone, gonna try a photo   This is an overnight stop at Talbot Islands State Park, northeast of Jacksonville, FL, last December.  It was a sweet spot and we would have liked to stay longer.
    Denise, Rea and Ruby
    2016 CS S, 2008 Toyota Tacoma
    Somerset, VA

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Boyd's Key West Campground, December.  Hubby is studying up for Duval Street.  Nobody home at the tent site next door!
    Denise, Rea and Ruby
    Somerset, VA

• Options
    SweetlyHomeSweetlyHome Member Posts: 336
    I believe that is the same site we were in 3-4 years ago.  Not a bad campground when not full.
    Jupiter, Florida~T@B 400, with 2018 Toyota 4Runner

• Options
    Me_and_My_DogMe_and_My_Dog Member Posts: 184
    Another village created with my friends. Homochitto National Forest, Mississippi.
    Katt and Miss Cannoli the Zen Dog
    2008 DM T@DA — Towed by 2014 Dodge Durango — Full time since 6/29/17
    "Travels With The Tiny"
  • Options
    Bahia Honda State Park, very hard to get a place at all, it's like winning the lottery.  There are some water front spots, could not get one, only lucked into this for 2 nights when leaving Key West.  Lots of room in each site, wooded areas between non-waterfront lots.  Angry bird is good for my sore head.  Also of note (to me anyway, I'm sure others would all ready know this) photos load better when resized.  Duh!
    Denise, Rea and Ruby
    Somerset, VA

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232

Also of note (to me anyway, I'm sure others would all ready know this) photos load better when resized.  Duh!

Yup, that is why I resized your other photos.  Forum is still a work in progress, but to help out the mobile users on the road we ask that you still try to keep the file size down.

Great photos though, Thanks!

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Bahia Honda campsite
    Denise, Rea and Ruby
    Somerset, VA

• Options
    Thank you!
    Denise, Rea and Ruby
    Somerset, VA

• Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 935
    The early DM clamshell model was very similar in its simplicity.  A quality we prefer to the much more complex T@Bs now available. 
    Ours is obviously a little bigger in every way.  Some teardrop folks we have met refer to it as a "standy".
    As bicycle tourists we first encountered a group of teardrops at a campground on the cool damp coast of OR.  As we crawled into our soggy nylon tent we said " look, a soft dry bed and ...there's a little kitchen!"   Years later we discovered the T@B clamshell and it was meant to be.
    Your T@G looks great!
    Have fun!
    Bob

• Options
    FrayedKnotFrayedKnot Member Posts: 3
    Here's our Frayed Knot set up over Spring Break.  She's a 2016 CS-S. 

A Frayed Knot   2016 Tab CS-S
    Bob and LeAnne
    Chicago, IL
  • Options
    Sorry about that . . . wrong thread.
    Bob and LeAnne
    Chicago, IL
  • Options
    @FrayedKnot, Hey, we're all family here. ;)  Nice picture!
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Frayed Knot's set up at Clinton Lake, Illinois. Whenever possible, we love to camp at locations where we can take our inflatable sailboat, Wee Argo, onto the water.

Bob and LeAnne
    Chicago, IL
  • Options
    @FrayedKnot, Looks pretty awesome! Thanks for sharing!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497

Maiden voyage 4/27 Bowl and Pitcher site 5 at Riverside State Park. Loved it!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    SkiCOSkiCO Member Posts: 18
    Way Outback on some FSR in the Rockies.  
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,512
    I like your choice of a stabilizer pad for the right front.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    @SkiCO, Sometimes 'ya just do what 'ya gotta do! ;) Nice!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    SandiegogalSandiegogal Member Posts: 127
    @Verna-This is awesome!

Living in our Airstream, traveling in our 2017 T@B Basic S 
    Married to Dave-aka, ds@work
  • Options
    Restless_NativeRestless_Native Member Posts: 116

John Pennekamp State Park is on Key Largo, not so far from the Florida mainland.  It is mostly underwater and famous for snorkeling the reef.  Our Keys trip was planned as a snorkelfest, unfortunately the wind was blowing and the water was dirty (so churned up that a person could not see) for most of our trip, so the plans changed a bit but we had great fun fishing (it turns out that salt water fish bite better in dirty water since they can't see the lines) and buying strange fruit at the farmers market and just looking around.  It was also really cold in VA and quite nice in the keys.  But I digress, as you enter the keys there is a lot of chain link fence on both sides of A1A, that is a crocodile preserve, very close to, famous for snorkeling, John Pennekamp.  However the reef is offshore, maybe too far for crocks, I dunno.

Sounds like you had a good trip! To join the "croc" discusion -the American crocodile was almost extinct 30 years ago (says the nerdy native Floridian), but now there's about 2,000. All in the Keys. The biggest threat is humans thinking it's fun to feed them (same with aligators). Once they associate humans with food (not very big brains) they become dangerous. Otherwise, we scare the dickens out of them and they keep away
    Amanda, Ft. Myers, FL Ag@tha 2017 T@B CS-S  , TV: 2013 Chevy Equinoz LTZ

• Options
    marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378
    @verna, very nice
    !
    Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150
This discussion has been closed.