Options

TABAZONA 2018 - Save the DATE(S)!

Comments

• Options
    SandiegogalSandiegogal Member Posts: 127
    edited July 2017
    @cbarnhill...since @dsatwork  and I accidentally booked 2 sites, do you think we should try to get our money back or open up the other site to someone and have them pay us?  If it were here in CA, we'd loose $$ cancelling the reservation but I'm not sure about having 2 sites in our name?  Suggestions??

Living in our Airstream, traveling in our 2017 T@B Basic S 
    Married to Dave-aka, ds@work
  • Options
    cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330
    yikes!  I am so glad you remembered and were able to snag the last site. 
    Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)
  • Options
    Sandie: I don't know what to advise you. I Believe you only lose $10 for cancelling but it would be nice if someone from our group who wants to stay in the main CG could take your extra one. Why don't you post it here to see if someone wants it? If no response in a few days, then cancel it. 
  • Options

Hey everyone:  the Main campground at Usery is full.  However, we still have space open in the Group Campground.  The Group Campground is $15.00 a trailer per night and is dry camping (no electric/water hookups).  There are showers, toilets there and the park offers a water fillup and dump station.  Most of the activities will be held at the Group Campsite.  To request a spot there, please send an email to tabazona2018@gmail.com and we will respond with the address for sending payment.  Come join us in the Group Campground (where the cool kids stay....;-).

• Options
    RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322
    Recommend you pay attention to an aerial view of your site to decide which way to come in from. The signs direct you by numbers but the angle of the driveways would make it very hard to back into the site if you come from the wrong direction. Just my .02
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    @cbarnhill...since @dsatwork  and I accidentally booked 2 sites, do you think we should try to get our money back or open up the other site to someone and have them pay us?  If it were here in CA, we'd loose $$ cancelling the reservation but I'm not sure about having 2 sites in our name?  Suggestions??
    Hi, do you still have sites? 
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    edited July 2017
    @RollingLagrima yes we'll check with the campground/reservation site whether or not we can transfer the reservation. If we have to cancel, we'll try to work with you to pass it on....you're 1st on the list. It's for the 25th leaving on the 28th.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    Recommend you pay attention to an aerial view of your site to decide which way to come in from. The signs direct you by numbers but the angle of the driveways would make it very hard to back into the site if you come from the wrong direction. Just my .02
    I've run into this a few times but most of the time, even though it might say "one way", the hosts don't have a problem coming in the other way to back in easily - at least that's been my experience. Now I need to go on the aerial view (Google maps?) and check mine! 
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    @RollingLagrima it looks like I can transfer we should take this to private message to complete....Transfers or Changes: A $5.00 transfer fee will be charged any time a reservation change is made unless the change is required by the Department. Ex:Changing dates or sites
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    Where can I look to see street signs? I'm on Google Earth but cannot tell which way the roads are marked.  Thanks!

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    Where can I look to see street signs? I'm on Google Earth but cannot tell which way the roads are marked.  Thanks!

The roads were not marked as one way. Go to google maps, click on satellite view and drag the little guy onto the road, You will then be able drive up and down the road. The Site number sign is by the very first intersection near site 6 I think.
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • Options
    @RollingBnB - thank you! That's pretty sweet. Hope whoever is in the site across from me (pull-through) isn't a huge motor home - it'll be easier to back into my spot if I have some room in the front... ;)  

• Options
    You'll be fine in 12, we are just down the road from you in 24. Looking at the road view I would need to almost jack knife my trailer to make that turn.
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • Options
    @RollingBnB - perhaps you will be able to come in from the other direction to make it easier....

• Options
    moosemamamoosemama Member Posts: 26
    The Schooners have #14.  Looking forward to it!
    AZ - 2016 T@B-S Outback Silver/silver
  • Options
    moosemama said:
    The Schooners have #14.  Looking forward to it!
    That's great, Moosemama!  So that we can track how many are coming, could you please send an email to tabazona2018@gmail.com with the following info: names, number in party, Site #, hometown and dates of arrival/departure.  Thanks big time..
  • Options
    TabfortwoTabfortwo Member Posts: 157
    So how many t@bs were able to get spots?
  • Options
    Me_and_My_DogMe_and_My_Dog Member Posts: 184
    edited July 2017
    I'm a little slow on the uptake here. I'm traveling from California to New Orleans in January, and this would be the perfect time and place for me to meet some fellow Tabbers. If anyone decides to cancel, please consider me to buy your reservation. 
    Katt and Miss Cannoli the Zen Dog
    2008 DM T@DA — Towed by 2014 Dodge Durango — Full time since 6/29/17
    "Travels With The Tiny"
  • Options
    CanyonTravelersCanyonTravelers Member Posts: 40
    Were in for January 2018.... Our T@B 320 is on order, can't wait to meet everyone.....
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @CanyonTravelers, Welcome aboard!!!!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options

So far: I show we have 31 sites reserved in the Main Campground and 13 in the Group Campground representing 61 people!  We were very surprised that the main campground filled up in 12 hours and equally surprised that so many tabbers/taggers got up so early to reserve them!  I am hoping that there are others who have reserved their spot and haven't sent their info to tabazona2018@gmail yet.  I also expect the Group Campground will fill up.  I will update this as more bookings come in.

• Options
    Bump
  • Options
    marilyncpmarilyncp Member Posts: 117
    Thanks to @cbarnhill who helped me with my reservation (I had a medical emergency so I couldn't stay up late with you peeps) I have site #56.  Isn't she the best?  =)

Really looking forward to staying longer than one night this time.  Too windy last year since I had a T@G and I was rocking and rolling all night down near the lake.
    M@rilyn
    Previous 2017 T@B S owner... c'est l@ vie
    But still passionate about the brand!

• Options
    Thanks, Marilyn.  But I can't take all the credit-there's a group of us working on the event: Frank, Verna, Martin & Jennifer, Patty, Anne, you and the others who have volunteered to help. I think it's going to be a fun event. 
  • Options
    dmerzbacdmerzbac Member Posts: 289
    edited August 2017
    @cbarnhill Hi Cindy, it's looking like I may not be able to make it for T@bazona in January. I decided to have a close encounter with a tree earlier this week while camping in Nashville. Parts are going to run several hundred and I think I'll be making a trip to Sugarcreek for the fix, so travel funds will be pretty limited. Campsite # is 29.

When I decide for sure, what is the best way to make sure that another T@bber gets my spot should I not be able to come. Thanks, Dave

2017 T@b 320 - 'Smokey'  2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - 'B@ndit'
    Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

• Options
    Hi Everyone, I will not be able to attend Tabazona 2018 next year due to a recent incident with a tree. My Tabazona money will be going towards a trip to NuCamp for repairs next month. If you are interested in my camp site (29) please private message me. First to respond will get first consideration. We can then work out details of me cancelling and you reserving.

Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

• Options
    dmerzbac said:
    Hi Everyone, I will not be able to attend Tabazona 2018 next year due to a recent incident with a tree. My Tabazona money will be going towards a trip to NuCamp for repairs next month. If you are interested in my camp site (29) please private message me. First to respond will get first consideration. We can then work out details of me cancelling and you reserving.
    I worked with Shirley at Usery mountain 480-984-0032, it went very smooth and she knows all the ins and outs of transfers now.
  • Options
    dmerzbac said:
    Oh and just let me say, I'm sorry to hear you found the tree and can't come to Tabazona now. I hope all the repairs go smoothly. I'm a little jealous, because I think it would be fun to go meet the crew at Nucamp.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Thanks, Dave! That would be much better than me cancelling and someone else then having to reserve. Yes, I am looking forward to a NuCamp tour! Also getting the gray/black tank mod and warranty repairs for the fuse/thermostat and Norcold 180 issues. Might as well get everything done while I'm there.

Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al