Options

TABAZONA 2018 - Save the DATE(S)!

Comments

• Options
    larrygonlarrygon Member Posts: 255
    cbarnhill said:
     May the force be with you. 
    I think you mean "may the finger be with you!" =)
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
    2015 T@B M@X S White with Grey trim | TV 2021 Ascent Touring | Flagstaff AZ.
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,354

T@BAZONA 2018 

Usery Mountain State Park

Mesa, Arizona

January 25-28, 2018

Come one, come all Teardrop campers (T@Bs, T@Gs, Silvershadows, etc.) and join us for this very popular rally! Last year we had over 65 attendees and we expect this year to be even bigger.  Some of the activities include a home tour (a way to see other’s modifications and fun changes), games, a hamburger cookout, morning coffee, campfires, a yard sale (a way for you to sell all your extra RV stuff) and loads of fun...

Event fee: $5.00 per person payable at registration.

Usery is a great campground located on 3,600 acres and includes 29 miles of multi-use hiking trails including a wind tunnel cave, archery, a visitor center and an outdoor gym.  It is located near a major highway and has stores nearby. 

So mark your calendars with a reminder to book your site starting at 12:01 am MST on July 1st as the campground will fill quickly. 

There are 2 camping options; main campground $30 night (electric/water) or group campground $15 night (no electric/water).

Option 1: MAIN CAMPGROUND - $30.00 per night. These are spacious sites that include water, electric, fire pit and BBQ grill.  See campground layout indicating walkway to the group campground where most activities will occur. 

HOW TO BOOK
    Book via the Usery Park website 
    https://maricopacountyparks.org/usery
    .  Beginning at 12:01 am MST on July 1st. We have not reserved the Main Campground – sites are open to the general public, so please make your reservations as soon as possible.  Then please send an email to tabazona2018@gmail.com with your Names, Number in Party,  Home Town, Dates of Arrival/Departure and Site #. 

Option 2: GROUP CAMPGROUND -  $15.00 per trailer, per night. This is dry camping (no water/electric) but there are toilets and showers on site. The park also furnishes a water filling station and a dump station. Although the rally dates are Thursday to Sunday, you may reserve a spot here starting on Wednesday if you like. 

HOW TO BOOK

Send us an email request to tabazona2018@gmail.com starting at 12:01am MST on July 1st.  Please include your Names, Number in Party, Home Town and Date of Arrival. We will email you back with your confirmation and the address for sending in your payment. 

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE…

Notify us @ tabazona2018@gmail.com with your Names, Number in Party, Home Town, Dates of Arrival/Departure and Site #. 

For any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact us at tabazona2018@gmail.com

We look forward to seeing you then!

2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,354

Here is a map of the entire campground for T@Bazona 2018.  We've reserved the Group Campground A and B (brown shaded area) for all activities.  This is also where those wishing to dry camp will be located. 

2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330
    Just a reminder: the Usery park website opens for bookings right after midnight on Friday night...
    Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)
  • Options
    jcanderson330jcanderson330 Member Posts: 12
    That's 12:01 MST right? Makes it 3:01 am for us in Ohio.
  • Options
    That's right JC. We don't observe daylight savings time here (we have enough sun ;-)).  It's like California time. 
  • Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    I hope the website is wrong about this.

2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    I have site 53 reserved 1/26 to 1/29
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
  • Options
    ChrisKChrisK Member Posts: 272
    edited July 2017
    I got site 58 for 1/25-1/29
    2014 T@b S Max AKA T@dpole
  • Options
    T@BalongT@Balong Member Posts: 317
    Just booked site #69........now back to bed!
    2015 T@B 320 S, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 707
    Chuckle for the day: Not a night person but really wanted to book a spot so I stayed up all the way to midnight and kept waiting for the month of January to show up...kept refreshing but it wasn't happening. At 12:05 AM I realized it was the 29th and not the 30th (duh!)! Couldn't stay awake tonight so set my alarm - dang good thing I was able to book the site I wanted after that!  I reserved site 12 from 1/24-1/28 - see you there! Now back to bed.....
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    dmerzbacdmerzbac Member Posts: 289
    Booked site #29. 1/25-1/28.  Good night everyone! This is way to early here in Alabama!

2017 T@b 320 - 'Smokey'  2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - 'B@ndit'
    Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

• Options
    jcanderson330jcanderson330 Member Posts: 12
    John and Ann Anderson(2)
    From  Sagamore Hill, Ohio/Mesa, Arizona
    Arrive  1/26
    Depart  1/27
    Site  48
  • Options
    Ok so we have sites 27 and 16 because we when we tried to reserve 27 the website said it was already reserved. So we booked 16 after getting beat out of 2 or 3 others sites. Then 5 minutes after we get the email notification that 16 was booked a reservation comes in for 27 our first or second choice.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    At 12:30 am, I counted 33 spaces reserved!
  • Options
    larrygon said:
    At 12:30 am, I counted 33 spaces reserved!
    @larrygon were you able to get your first choice? Oh and by the way we drove right through Flagstaff a few weeks ago. If I remember correctly you live there. We were heading from one harvest host site to another and needed to dump our tanks at the Flagstaff KOA. 
  • Options
    @dsatwork Yes I was able to get my first choice. Thanks for asking.

Yes I live in Flagstaff. I hope you had a nice drive through!
  • Options
    ChrisKChrisK Member Posts: 272
    We are going to be up in Flag in a couple weeks. Staying at Woody Mountain.
    2014 T@b S Max AKA T@dpole
  • Options
    TabfortwoTabfortwo Member Posts: 157
    edited July 2017
    Booked unit #34 Jerry and Kerri higley 25-28
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    edited July 2017
    site # 46  1/22/18 thru 1/28/18
    coming from Spokane WA.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    thank you, early birds, for signing up.  There are only 13 more spaces open in the park (dang-it looks like another group has also jumped in and booked spaces, too {-((), We still have slots open in the group campground.  Would the following folks please send an email to tabazona2018@gmail.com with this info:  Number and Names in the party, hometown, dates of arrival/departure and site#.  We will be emailing you more info about the event as we get closer.  thanks..
  • Options
    Oops.  The folks are: dsatwork, larrygon, t@balong, dmerzbak, tabfortwo, and dale Herman. Thanks...
  • Options
    Carol805Carol805 Member Posts: 4
    We will be there!  Site 35 from 1/26-1/28.  We are sad to miss the festivities on Thursday, but we have to work.  So, we will head over after work on Friday.  Thanks again for organizing.  We are so excited to meet everyone.

Carol and Dan.
    Carol & Dan
    2017 T@B and 2015 Subaru Outback
  • Options
    reeddreedd Member Posts: 61
    Woo Hoo!!!  Site #32 from 1/25-1/28.  If anyone is coming through Farmington, NM, or through Gallup, NM on I-40 and wants to caravan, let me know.  Thank you so much!
    Deb - 2017 T@B U-basic Outback silver/silver  D@mselfly  
    2001 Toyota Tacoma 4WD New Mexico
  • Options
    cbarnhill said:
    Oops.  The folks are: dsatwork, larrygon, t@balong, dmerzbak, tabfortwo, and dale Herman. Thanks...
    We have to figure which site we want and cancel one. Anyone know anything good or bad about sites 27 & 16?
  • Options
    dmerzbacdmerzbac Member Posts: 289
    27 is very near the restroom/bathhouses. 

2017 T@b 320 - 'Smokey'  2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - 'B@ndit'
    Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

• Options
    16 looks to be a shorter walk to the group CG. 
  • Options
    ElectricBallroomElectricBallroom Member Posts: 9
    It's almost 1:00 on Saturday and there's just two spaces left.

I'll be in #49. Coming back from a work trip late Friday. My girlfriend and her dad are planning on getting my T@B out there for me. 
  • Options

It's almost 1:00 on Saturday and there's just two spaces left.

I'll be in #49. Coming back from a work trip late Friday. My girlfriend and her dad are planning on getting my T@B out there for me. 
    I know--these sites went incredibly fast!  Please email tabazona2018@gmail.com with the following info: name/names, number in party, hometown, dates of arrival/departure and site number.  thanks..

• Options
    GaboehGaboeh Member Posts: 8
    We just remembered and got the last site at 3:30 PM AZ time. No.6.
    Greg and Lane Boeh